2 very important question re: Serenity Bay

Delrea

Mouseketeer
Let's attack the most important question first.

1. Is there an ice cream machine on serenity bay?

2. Is there music playing? I do love this at the other part of the island.

1. No
2. I don't recall music on the beach. There may have been some at the food/bar location, though.

1. No
2. I don't recall music on the beach. There may have been some at the food/bar location, though.

I have had ice cream (soft serve) at the lunch location on Serenity Bay every time I've been there. Have they removed the machine since February 2017?

The beach is peaceful and quiet! No music which may or may not be to everyone's taste.

Was just there yesterday and can confirm:

1. Yes, there is an ice cream machine right next to beverage station. DH said it was the coldest soft-serve ice cream he had all trip. They had chocolate and vanilla. Another guy filled up a cup with vanilla and added some of the pineapple cake thing, which also looked good. I stuck with the giant cookie :)

2. No music that we heard anywhere at Serenity Bay. When we took the tram back to Pelican Point, music was playing in those areas.

I have had ice cream (soft serve) at the lunch location on Serenity Bay every time I've been there. Have they removed the machine since February 2017?

The beach is peaceful and quiet! No music which may or may not be to everyone's taste.
Arrrgh!! I forgot about the ice cream there!

Sorry OP, yes there's ice cream. It's in the food area:
bbq 2014 26054 P1030795 1500 ice cream.jpg

Last edited:
I've been to Serenity Bay when they've had live music twice. It wasn't the whole day, and it wasn't crazy loud or distracting. Just enough to float down to your chairs... They were set up by the bar.
I think it depends on who the entertainers are on the specific cruise and if they are interested in performing out there or not.

There is a bar that is by the entrance onto the beach. They had live music there and canned music. You can hear it if you are near the bar but if you are farther down the beach you won’t be able.

Last edited:

Yes, there's ice cream. There was also live music at the bar in the afternoon (it's on the Navigator) and I distinctly remember hearing Jimmy Buffett music playing in the bathroom.

I don't think the icecream is available all day either. So be aware of the dining times or ask the servers to be sure.

There is a bar that is by the entrance onto the beach. They had live music there and canned music. You can hear it if you are near the bar but if you are farther down the beach you won’t be able.

On the 3-day cruise, there was just recorded music playing quietly at the bar — you couldn’t hear it on the beach. But on the 4-day cruise, the recorded music was a bit louder. But even better, they had live music from 1:00-1:45 and then 2:15-3:00 on the bar deck. That music you could hear all over the beach — and out in the amazing water :)

On the 3-day cruise, there was just recorded music playing quietly at the bar — you couldn’t hear it on the beach. But on the 4-day cruise, the recorded music was a bit louder. But even better, they had live music from 1:00-1:45 and then 2:15-3:00 on the bar deck. That music you could hear all over the beach — and out in the amazing water :)

I might have to complain about that. Nothing “serene” about having music blaring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter