$2 dollars to the £1 today......

crabbie1

DIS Veteran
I was in marks and spencers today and the dollar was 2 to the £.I only wish I was going soon enough to take advantage.:sad1:

Same at our local Tesco it was $2.013 today :eek: If only I had a bit of spare cash to buy some for next May!

Claire ;)

2 weeks ago I was getting $2.06 my Brothers is in Vegas now getting $2.08 on our Nationwide credit cards. Great isn't it:)

2 weeks ago I was getting $2.06 my Brothers is in Vegas now getting $2.08 on our Nationwide credit cards. Great isn't it:)

Just waiting for my NW bill to see what rates I got last month!

Claire ;)

We're thinking of getting our Dollars for next October as they say it will go down again in the new year.

Sue no one can possibly know which way it will go, anything you hear is guesswork, nothing is certain with financial markets, its just as much chance of going up as it has going down. Just remember you will lose interest on your savings (maybe 5-6% over the year) plus if you wait and use a non fee credit card you also get about 3-4% more than changing to cash or travellers cheques. So the £ would have to fall by about 10% for you to better off buying now compared to a non fee credit card.
Your money your choice but I will be keeping my money invested and using a card next year hoping for $2.10+

Sue no one can possibly know which way it will go, anything you hear is guesswork, nothing is certain with financial markets, its just as much chance of going up as it has going down. Just remember you will lose interest on your savings (maybe 5-6% over the year) plus if you wait and use a non fee credit card you also get about 3-4% more than changing to cash or travellers cheques. So the £ would have to fall by about 10% for you to better off buying now compared to a non fee credit card.
Your money your choice but I will be keeping my money invested and using a card next year hoping for $2.10+

Hi - just wondered - do you take any cash at all with you??? If so, where do you buy it - are there some places which generally tend to have better rates than others?? I wanted to mainly use a card, but wondered if I should have a certain amount per day in dollars??:confused3

Hi - just wondered - do you take any cash at all with you??? If so, where do you buy it - are there some places which generally tend to have better rates than others?? I wanted to mainly use a card, but wondered if I should have a certain amount per day in dollars??:confused3

I have about $300 I have left from before I started using CC, keep taking it every trip and bringing it home again. Only time I use cash is tolls, so maybe $6 a trip. Even for a $2.35 coffee or a $2 icecream it goes on the card.

do you still need cash for car parking at Universal and for drinks there? - I can remember one year we went to UO on our last day before going back to the airport. We had run out of cash and thought we would be able to put the car park on the card, but they didn't accept CC's then ! - luckily the guy felt sorry for us and let us park for free!!!:rotfl: :thumbsup2

Dont know about car park, had AP's for about 5 years, same for Disney, SW and Busch. Can't remember last time I paid to park but it was before I started using CC for everything. Can't think of anywhere they have refused a card.

Dont know about car park, had AP's for about 5 years, same for Disney, SW and Busch. Can't remember last time I paid to park but it was before I started using CC for everything. Can't think of anywhere they have refused a card.

ok thanks - sounds good - I hate carrying cash and never been a fan of TQ's - so off to get my nationwide cc!!:thumbsup2

At the weekend we brought another lot of travelers cheques and got $2 to the pound. We don't go till end november 08 but while the exchange rate is so good we thought it would be silly not to get them now, as we have been saving hard.
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter