2 bdrm SSR - Last minute shopping list.

mtmbyck

I AM Canadian eh!
I should have paid more attention to the boards. It's a 10 night stay and we will only get the refresh twice and room cleaning once. We will make at least one or 2 meals per day in the room.

Do I need to buy/bring dish detergent (will wash at least every other day)
Do I need to buy/bring laundry detergent (will do at keast 3 loads)
Do I need to buy/bring coffee (need a pot a day)
Do I need to buy/bring salt/pepper/sugar?
Do I need to buy/bring dish towels, paper towels?

The rest I think I have figured out......

We tend to bring things that they even say is provided just in case. That being said we drive so bringing more stuff isn't a problem. As far as detergents are concerned that do provide SOME, but we put the tablet types in ziplock baggies and brought with us. Paper towels were provided plus there was an additional roll under the sink. If you plan to do any real cooking you may want to bring a good knife.

I'll answer what I can.
1. We stayed 5 days and ran dishwasher every day. There was about half a box left. They provide small boxes/bottles of cleaners.
2.There was 1 box of laundry powder (Tide-1 load) on day 1 and 1 box on day 4. I assume you would get a third box on second refresh.
3. 1 bag (made 1 pot) of coffee provided on days 1 and 4. This came with a couple of packs of sugar, artificial sweetner & powdered creamer. We brought our own coffee, filters, sweetners and bought half and half at Artist's Palette. I don't remember how many filters they provided as DS made the coffee every morning:)
4. Don't remember about salt and pepper. I think the only sugar was what came with coffee.
5. There were 2 rolls of paper towels and a couple of dish towels.
Somewhere on this forum is a very inclusive list of what is provided. Sorry I don't have the link.
Have a great trip!!

I should have paid more attention to the boards. It's a 10 night stay and we will only get the refresh twice and room cleaning once. We will make at least one or 2 meals per day in the room.

:sunny: We stay at OKW, but I would assume all DVC 2BR would have the same amenities

Do I need to buy/bring dish detergent (will wash at least every other day)

:sunny: We run the dishwasher about every day - and usually stay 8 - 10 days and have never run low

Do I need to buy/bring laundry detergent (will do at keast 3 loads)

:sunny: I pack light (we flew the last couple years and wanted to reduce luggage) and usually do at least 2-3 loads of laundry a day (darks, lights, towels), they usually had one single use box so one year I brought a bottle, the next year we were watching the weight of our luggage closer so I had some delivered with a small grocery order - this year we are driving again, so I will bring some. They do bring another single use box when they clean - I don't remember if it is just when they do the full cleaning, or if it is also when they do trash and towels. The gift shop or the laundromats would have some if you don't want to give up packing space

Do I need to buy/bring coffee (need a pot a day)

:sunny: I usually buy a package of the pre mixed, self contained filter and coffee things (don't know what their real name is) it is what you usually get at a hotel. That way if I have any leftover it isn't messy to either bring home, or to leave for housekeeping

Do I need to buy/bring salt/pepper/sugar?

:sunny: we always bring one of those little 2 packs of salt and pepper. If you only need sugar for coffee - they have a little basket of packet, if you are planning on baking and would need cups of it then you would probably want to bring some

Do I need to buy/bring dish towels, paper towels?

:sunny: There have always been one or two rolls of paper towels, and there are a couple dish towels - they could always be thrown in the washer

The rest I think I have figured out......

:sunny: I hope this helps

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter