***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

I have no kids (well, except for my large 40 year old husband LOL), and I feel like I'm packing everything I own!! I planned on one for each of us, plus extra suitcase for whatever on the way down and souvenirs on the way home, and I'm thinking I may need a 4th suitcase! I also have everything I piles. I haven't actually put anything in suitcases.
I'm so bummed...I can't find my Disney Crocs! :( I've torn apart my upstairs and my mud room but they're nowhere to be found. It sucks especially because even though they're ugly, they are the most comfy shoes for my feet and legs. Pretty sure I can't break in a new pair in a week, but even if I could my local Crocs store doesn't have them anymore. So bummed!
Oh that sucks! You still have a week and a day to find them! Maybe some pixie dust will help pixiedust:

I totally get what you're saying about comfy shoes... if only I could wear my UGGs there! LOL!

I'm off tomorrow so I'm going to attempt getting what I have out packed. And I have a lot of stuff :scared1: I better not show you guys what a mess I'm making! LOL! Plus I realize I may have gone a little overboard on the Disney shirts! Eek!

Help! I need some Disney Wishes fireworks advice from you pros. We're not doing a party and will be in the Magic Kingdom one night (Monday 12/5) for our only shot at fireworks. I have a plan for the day, but realized I have NO PLAN for where to view them. Can you help? We're not doing a desert party because (1) it's sold out, and (2) even if it weren't sold out I'm not sure I can stomach the money for our family of 4 with two young kids who don't need to eat that much sugar that close to bedtime, LOL!

So, where should I plan on watching? Some initial thoughts:
  1. Would love a good view, but don't want to be too squished (yes, I know it will be a super crowded day) or have my DH complain too much about the mobs of people.
  2. We're having dinner at 7 at BOG and then will do a few more rides before Wishes. We don't particularly want to be staking out a fireworks spot for too long.
  3. We'll probably leave afterwards so not sure if I should take exit strategy into account?
Ok, go!
I haven't seen fireworks since the hub renovation (in fact i think that happened after my last trip?) so I am having a little trouble imagining what that whole thing looks like, but I have never been too fussed about where I watched regular wishes from to be honest. The show looks good on center, it looks good off to the side (the bridge to tomorrowland used to be a recommended spot so you can see tink fly) it looks good from close up or from further away (I have seen it standing on the balcony at the train station). It never would have occurred to me ever to stake out a spot for fireworks before I started reading about this trip and I'm guessing that with the hub reconfiguration that is what people do. But I would say the view is awesome anywhere from the hub down main street. When MSEP was running we would just sit on the curb for MSEP and then stand up and wait for wishes. It wasn't so much planning, lol.

@Wood Nymph , you go frequently and have been recently... your thoughts?

Sit in the open viewing section that is right in front of Casey's. Sit toward the back of the section. It is never crowded in the back of these sections and the view is good because you don't have people right in front of you. If you are lucky you can sit down. Then exit the section to your left when the fireworks are over and cut through Casey's and the store. You'll come out in Town Square and miss tons of traffic.
lol you did weigh in on where to watch but just curious if you think it is a big huge deal to stake out a spot for fireworks or maybe show up 15 minutes before? it just seems like there is SO MUCH space for viewing, unless the MK is packed to the gills like on a holiday you do not need to be staking out spots ages in advance.

I am going to target this spot for my one regular wishes night at the MK though thanks :)

@JamieOak really hoping you feel better soon! Rest, rest, and rest! And a second vote for using a neti pot or something like it.

@Lisa F I've used Uber just a handful of times but I don't believe there's an option for booking in advance. Basically, you'll pull up the app and it will show a map of where you are, with little moving cars showing all the Uber cars that are near you. It will show a pin at your location and the number of minutes that the nearest available Uber driver is from you. You'll just hit the 'Select Pickup Location' and it will call the Uber to come to you. You can watch their 'car' coming to you on the app, and it will tell you the car's license plate number, car make/model, and driver's name and picture I think. What you do want to do in advance though, is download the app and set up your account. I think someone on here posted their sharing code that will get you a free ride, but I think anyone of us that has the app could share a code with you that would get you a free ride or discount or something. ETA: yeah, just checked my app and there's an option for sharing free rides, so you can use a code from someone, but it's only good for your first ride.

p.s. to any potential stalkers out there, that's not actually my location right now! :rotfl:

View attachment 207233

lol I couldn't even get the app to work on my phone but maybe I should try to reload it in advance (duh). So like around a half hour before you need to go you should start looking and seeing if cars are around?

Oh that sucks! You still have a week and a day to find them! Maybe some pixie dust will help pixiedust:

I totally get what you're saying about comfy shoes... if only I could wear my UGGs there! LOL!

I'm off tomorrow so I'm going to attempt getting what I have out packed. And I have a lot of stuff :scared1: I better not show you guys what a mess I'm making! LOL! Plus I realize I may have gone a little overboard on the Disney shirts! Eek!
Thank you! I know it's not the end of the world, but I'm freaking out a bit because my sneakers are not the most comfy, and I don't have time to break new ones in. All I have besides sneaks are my Texas and Eccos, and those are sandals, which may be problematic if it's cold. Really hoping they pop up somewhere!!

Thank you! I know it's not the end of the world, but I'm freaking out a bit because my sneakers are not the most comfy, and I don't have time to break new ones in. All I have besides sneaks are my Texas and Eccos, and those are sandals, which may be problematic if it's cold. Really hoping they pop up somewhere!!
you can always get a pair of backup crocs even if not disney. your foot comfort is important!

lol I couldn't even get the app to work on my phone but maybe I should try to reload it in advance (duh). So like around a half hour before you need to go you should start looking and seeing if cars are around?

We don't have here here but I loaded the app a couple of months ago to get a feel for it. You put in your location pickup and it shows you cars in the area with an estimated wait time. I've checked at various times with various pickup locations around Disney, the wait time has always been around 5 minutes.
Check out this thread for more info.....

http://www.disboards.com/threads/everthing-you-wanted-to-know-about-uber-lyft-at-wdw.3443634/

I also downloaded the Lyft app.

I haven't seen fireworks since the hub renovation (in fact i think that happened after my last trip?) so I am having a little trouble imagining what that whole thing looks like, but I have never been too fussed about where I watched regular wishes from to be honest.
The hub area is huge now. You will see it the first time you walk toward the castle. It is easy to get a good fireworks spot.

But I would say the view is awesome anywhere from the hub down main street.
Yes, in fact, a little further back is a good thing. I think people like to get close so that they have a better view of the projections on the castle, but the fireworks themselves are easily viewed from far away.

lol you did weigh in on where to watch but just curious if you think it is a big huge deal to stake out a spot for fireworks or maybe show up 15 minutes before? it just seems like there is SO MUCH space for viewing, unless the MK is packed to the gills like on a holiday you do not need to be staking out spots ages in advance.
We've slipped into our viewing spots in the back of the hub sections as late as five minutes before the Celebrations show began. But 15 minutes would be plenty of time.

It is easy to grab a regular taxi, although it costs more than an Uber. We don't like to mess with the Uber taxis.

The hub area is huge now. You will see it the first time you walk toward the castle. It is easy to get a good fireworks spot.

Yes, in fact, a little further back is a good thing. I think people like to get close so that they have a better view of the projections on the castle, but the fireworks themselves are easily viewed from far away.

We've slipped into our viewing spots in the back of the hub sections as late as five minutes before the Celebrations show began. But 15 minutes would be plenty of time.

It is easy to grab a regular taxi, although it costs more than an Uber. We don't like to mess with the Uber taxis.
are they just sitting there?

The only time I plan to use it is to go from the resort (BWV) to the contemporary for our california grill dinner.... just so we can monorail back to Epcot to spend the evening there after and then walk home.

Man, I wish Rivers of Light would get up and running. I've kept our Animal Kingdom evening pretty much open just in case the universe aligned and we got it. Fingers crossed it's up and running 12/8 because we don't have park hoppers, so that's our one shot!

@Lisa F I think it would be fine to start checking a half hour early, but I actually doubt you would even need that much advance time. You'll probably find Uber drivers that are about 5 min away. If you play with the app beforehand you can set the location to where you'll be, at around the same time, and see what the availability generally looks like

Per @yulilin3
CAST MEMBER PREVIEWS FOR RIVERS OF LIGHT NOV 27 AND 28!!

I know it's still a big IF as to whether this show will be up and running for us. But, do we have an idea of what the showtime(s) are supposed to be for RoL? I am doing the 4:30pm Savor the Savanna Evening Safari Experience and so am just curious if I'd have a chance of catching the show if, by some miracle, it has started running when I'm down there, lol.

Man, I wish Rivers of Light would get up and running. I've kept our Animal Kingdom evening pretty much open just in case the universe aligned and we got it. Fingers crossed it's up and running 12/8 because we don't have park hoppers, so that's our one shot!
I think we are going to skip it this time. It's just toooo rushed. we could potentially go over and see it on my aforementioned CA Grill at 5pm night but I'm kind of attached to going to Epcot... I think by the next time we go Illuminations may be gone but AK will be a whole new park. I need to stick to my guns now lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter