***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

how are you guys feeling?

Agree with @Lisa F, r u guys feeling any better? Taking zinc?

DH feels better and I feel crappy! I stopped today and got the ColdEze quickmelt tablets and I took one of the nighttime ones a bit ago. It doesn't help that I spent a few hours outside in the cold this evening. 1 hour doing chores and another 2 hours chatting with the woman who will be caring for the horses. She's a chatty one. My nose is sore and dry from all the tissues already.

At least tomorrow is a work from home day for me and my last day of work before I'm free!

DH feels better and I feel crappy! I stopped today and got the ColdEze quickmelt tablets and I took one of the nighttime ones a bit ago. It doesn't help that I spent a few hours outside in the cold this evening. 1 hour doing chores and another 2 hours chatting with the woman who will be caring for the horses. She's a chatty one. My nose is sore and dry from all the tissues already.

At least tomorrow is a work from home day for me and my last day of work before I'm free!
Oh no! Hope the day at home helps a little! that sucks that this happens so close to your trip! But hopefully, you guys get enough bed rest and will be great in 2 days!

Yuck!! I hope you get some relief soon!! If you have a Neti pot try that...it works wonders. Also drink tons and tons of water!

I think I might be finally ready to give up ALL of my backups
all of them.
nothing anyone would want though, I think I might just drop 'em all.

giving up my 2:45 Sanaa backup of my 2:30 Y&Y (I thought maybe I could do sanaa for linner on jbjb day so that we are there during daylight hours and it would open up loads of possibilities for our first night but not sure I really want to go anywhere but back to the resort first night)
giving up my 1:30 Y&Y lunch same day because the 2:30 works better
giving up my 10:30 Ohana on 12/8 in case I wanted to do EMM on 12/6 and give up my Ohana then but now that is sold out so that has to go
giving up my 1pm LTT lunch on arrival day for my 12:45 SC (super excited about that one)

the only one I am hesitating on is the 2:45 Sanaa backup... but i think it puts too much travel into our AK/JBJB day and also it is a better cash only place. why am I hesitating? seriously lol

I think I might be finally ready to give up ALL of my backups
all of them.
nothing anyone would want though, I think I might just drop 'em all.

giving up my 2:45 Sanaa backup of my 2:30 Y&Y (I thought maybe I could do sanaa for linner on jbjb day so that we are there during daylight hours and it would open up loads of possibilities for our first night but not sure I really want to go anywhere but back to the resort first night)
giving up my 1:30 Y&Y lunch same day because the 2:30 works better
giving up my 10:30 Ohana on 12/8 in case I wanted to do EMM on 12/6 and give up my Ohana then but now that is sold out so that has to go
giving up my 1pm LTT lunch on arrival day for my 12:45 SC (super excited about that one)

the only one I am hesitating on is the 2:45 Sanaa backup... but i think it puts too much travel into our AK/JBJB day and also it is a better cash only place. why am I hesitating? seriously lol
It's just hard to let go. I sat on my ppo akershus for ages even knowing dh preferred lunch there over breakfast. Realistically we were not going to rush that meal to go to FEA because I have fastpasses. It was a just in case the ride goes haywire and I need to beat Rd kind of thing.

It's just hard to let go. I sat on my ppo akershus for ages even knowing dh preferred lunch there over breakfast. Realistically we were not going to rush that meal to go to FEA because I have fastpasses. It was a just in case the ride goes haywire and I need to beat Rd kind of thing.
the nice thing about being in the FP+ line for FEA is you get an anytime FP for it if it breaks down... so there is that. I actually made sure we had another epcot day (or half really) after my FEA FP+ so we'd have a chance to use it if the line was down.

yes it's just hard to let the possibilities go but the more I search the more I realize how tight what I've got is.

this is a dumb question but remember I live on a rock in the middle of the ocean.

How do you uber?

Now that i've really given up on RoL on our CA Grill night I want to go to Epcot after. Rather than driving there and back then walking to Epcot I would rather uber for my 5pm CA Grill from the boardwalk then take the monorail into Epcot (I love that entry on future world side) at which point we have a Spaceship Earth FP+ then a Soarin' FP+ and then we will start walking back to international gateway and parking to find a spot for Illuminations and then walk home. I think this flow seems a lot nicer than driving back and forth, dealing with parking, and being on the wrong side of Epcot when we come in... plus i love the monorail ride around future world and would like to do that once.

But how do you do it? we do not have uber here. Can you book in advance?

We got our package from our TA yesterday and I feel more under prepared than I did before! I'm realizing that I don't have plans for viewing the parade or what to do/where to go during MVMCP. Holy cow do I have a lot of work to do this weekend.

@JamieOak really hoping you feel better soon! Rest, rest, and rest! And a second vote for using a neti pot or something like it.

@Lisa F I've used Uber just a handful of times but I don't believe there's an option for booking in advance. Basically, you'll pull up the app and it will show a map of where you are, with little moving cars showing all the Uber cars that are near you. It will show a pin at your location and the number of minutes that the nearest available Uber driver is from you. You'll just hit the 'Select Pickup Location' and it will call the Uber to come to you. You can watch their 'car' coming to you on the app, and it will tell you the car's license plate number, car make/model, and driver's name and picture I think. What you do want to do in advance though, is download the app and set up your account. I think someone on here posted their sharing code that will get you a free ride, but I think anyone of us that has the app could share a code with you that would get you a free ride or discount or something. ETA: yeah, just checked my app and there's an option for sharing free rides, so you can use a code from someone, but it's only good for your first ride.

p.s. to any potential stalkers out there, that's not actually my location right now! :rotfl:

upload_2016-11-22_9-21-21.png

Last edited:
OK...time for a final dump of ADRs! I'd like to cancel these today, but I'll wait a couple of hours at least.

'Ohana Dinner
Date:
Sunday, November 27, 2016
Time: 3:30 PM
Guests: 2 Adults

'Ohana Dinner
Date:
Sunday, November 27, 2016
Time: 5:10 PM
Guests: 4 Adults

Chip 'n' Dale's Harvest Feast Breakfast at The Garden Grill
Date:
Wednesday, November 30, 2016
Time: 8:55 AM

GONE - Successful transfer!
Chip 'n' Dale's Harvest Feast Breakfast at The Garden Grill
Date:
Time: 10:10 AM

Chip 'n' Dale's Harvest Feast Lunch at The Garden Grill
Date:
Time: 11:50 AM

GONE - Successful transfer!
Be Our Guest Lunch - QSR
Date:
Saturday, December 3, 2016
Time: 1:30 PM

Be Our Guest Dinner
Date:
Time: 8:15 PM

Be Our Guest Dinner
Date:
Time: 9:55 PM

Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room Dinner
Date:
Sunday, December 4, 2016
Time: 7:40 PM

Last edited:
@uncharch7 and I have decided to share a MM and would like to have a few more "friends and family" to share it with us, @chasingthtdream08 you wanna get in on this? anyone else? you can PM me if you want. I've hosted one before, so in theory I know what I'm doing.... although, sometimes I question my own sanity :rolleyes1

Get it all out of your system before you leave...fingers crossed!

DH is finally getting excited for our Disney trip - in just 11 days!!! I told him that I had heard that the JBJB show isn't that great and we don't have to walk over to DHS from Crews Cup Lounge. He replied that he likes walking to DHS. So we might be seeing it no matter how lame it might be.

And I'm holding tight to my dreams of seeing Rivers of Light. This is the third trip in which we hoped to see the show, and you know what they say - the third time's the charm. ;)

Thanks! I actually just read it. Good review and kind of what I expected... but wish they had pictures of the fireworks and the dessert party set up!

I am so excited about this review...gluten free...so I don't really care about the snacks. Give us chocolate covered strawberries and we are happy...a fruit serving for the day! Don't care if the fireworks are off center...a chair more than makes up for that for me. Give me lower crowds and I'm good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter