1st resale questions-hhi

hhisc16

DHHIR owner, DISDAD
1st resale contract questions: 50 pts at hhi for $75/pt from dvc store and with Mason.

1. will this pass rofr?
2. what is the current time frame for closing on resale?
3. can i book at all wdw dvc resorts besides riv?

Last edited:
1st resale contract questions: 50 pts at hhi for $75/pt from dvc store

1. will this pass rofr?
HHI rarely get taken
varies - 4 to 8 weeks with rofr generally - https://www.disboards.com/threads/closing-time.3392820/
Yes at 7 months. I believe this will get tougher once the current situation is behind us. Many people have unused points, so booking will be tougher. With a small contract, I am guessing you will be looking to studios. SSR and maybe Kidani SAV will likely be available at 7 months most times of the year, but I would not expect many others to be available for the next few years, once we are back to normal.

I believe this will get tougher once the current situation is behind us. Many people have unused points, so booking will be tougher.

I agree. If the OP is planning to use the points at WDW, I recommend they don't plan to travel in the fall for the next few years.

1st resale contract questions: 50 pts at hhi for $75/pt from dvc store

1. will this pass rofr?

Just curious-- Do you already own a direct contract? What is the primary reason for purchasing HHI?

This is our first DVC contract.
We purchased HHI because we live 2 hours away and we go to HHI every year anyway.
We are in our 20s and have a young child, so we plan on going to WDW every few years and HHI every year if possible.

Will we be able to find any studios at WDW in the DVC resorts with the 7 months?
I read somewhere that we will have better luck with OKW and SSR, but is that true?

Depends mostly on when you want to go. It is true that for some times of the year, getting at studio at 7 months is difficult. OKW, SSR & AKL are the larger resorts and often have availability when the near-park resorts (VGF, BLT,Poly, VWL,CCV, BCV & BWV) do not. Mid-September through Marathon weekend in January is a particularly difficult time. Summer is easier as is January (after Marathon weekend) through mid-February (except the Princess race weekend).

If you are flexible on where you stay, you can likely find studios most times of year at a WDW resort at 7 months, esp. at AKV, OKW, SSR, as others said. Spring/Summer tends to have good availability. I have switched numerous times at 7 months over the past 10 years at all times of the year. It's possible, in some occasions, you might have to switch resorts if you wanted a full week at the prime time.
Since you plan to go to HHI often, that is a good plan. HHI is very very hard to get into in summer unless you own there. We bought a 2nd DVC at HHI for that reason. HHI weekend points are much higher than weekdays. We used our points for Sunday-Friday stays.
If you need more points, you can borrow up to 50% from the next year (currently), and then the following year, if you're going to WDW, buy up to 24 one time use points from DVC for about $20/point to use to book a WDW stay. One time points are only available at 7 months out-so you'd use those for WDW and not HHI. We started with a 50 point DVC contract ourselves! Best wishes! Elaine

Last edited:
This is our first DVC contract.
We purchased HHI because we live 2 hours away and we go to HHI every year anyway.
...HHI every year if possible.

If you want to travel to HHI in the summer, it is important to book at 11 months out.

If you are planning to travel on short notice, you may run into some issues... So for your first few trips, maybe plan to book well in advance and keep an eye on availability trends for fun...

Sounds like a great plan to me! Take advantage of the deals on HHI since you plan to use them at your home resort. The point charts are amazing and I'm sure you can make the most of your contract. If you are flexible, you'll be able to find something at WDW depending on when you go. Definitely take advantage of the 11 and 7 month windows. Good luck and enjoy!

Thank you for the information! We are new to this and look forward to learning the process.
We plan on visiting HHI every year. We plan on booking 11 months at a studio at HHI in summer for a few nights.
We plan on 2023 and 2025 trips to WDW so far for only a few nights. We plan on booking at 7 months at any studio available at WDW for our trips.
When we plan on HHI and WDW in the same year, we plan on purchasing extra points for those years. Do yall recommend this?

that will work as I detailed above. Plan to purchase one-time use points for your WDW trip, as that can only be done at 7 months. You can also get a points transfer 1X/year from another member. You'll find info/postings on the rent/trade DVC board. I did that 2X to supplement my 50 point contract. You get the home resort booking of whatever transfer owner had, so an AKV transfer would have 11 month booking at AKV, etc.

You'll have addonitis by then and be looking for another contract to buy! This is a great test for you and if you love it, buy more! :rolleyes1

I wouldn't buy HHI with no intentions of staying there, but since you are planning to spend most of your time there, I think it's a smart decision and your thought process for WDW is sound as well. The fact you'll only be looking for a few days at a time at WDW will help you with booking as well when it comes to a studio. You run into more issues when you're looking for 5-6 nights in a studio or more at one resort at the 7-month window, than say trying to find 2-3 nights at a time.

I passed ROFR with 30 HHI points early January. It had 2019, 2020 and 2021 points.

I meant to say I paid $74 PP!
Can I ask which broker and title company you purchased with? (That was a good deal! I am jealous!)
We are using DVC Store and Mason. I am curious to see how long it will take.
The contract is at Disney now waiting for their response.

fidelityrealestate.com I always use Mason if I'm the buyer!

I think DVC is now processing early February contracts. It then takes a couple weeks to close and then a couple weeks to get points. If this is your first contract, it will take longer as DVC needs to set up your account.

You'll likely pass! pixiedust:

fidelityrealestate.com I always use Mason if I'm the buyer!

I think DVC is now processing early February contracts. It then takes a couple weeks to close and then a couple weeks to get points. If this is your first contract, it will take longer as DVC needs to set up your account.

You'll likely pass! pixiedust:
Thank you for the information! I hope it passes quickly!
This is my first DVC contract, so I anticipate around May before I am able to use the points.
It is hard to find a small contract less than 50 points at HHI.

Thank you for the information! I hope it passes quickly!
This is my first DVC contract, so I anticipate around May before I am able to use the points.
It is hard to find a small contract less than 50 points at HHI.
You are correct! I grabbed the 30 point OCT for future use as I knew it would likely be the only small Oct HHI I could find in the next year or so. We plan to drive to WDW from NH in retirement (we fly now) and plan to stay at HHI for a couple nights. I wanted the 11 month window as I am a planner and don't want to take a chance as I will be planning a total of a month or more in January. It was just a bonus at $74 (asking price) and loaded too. I could not pass it up! FYI you need to be the first in line to buy a contract from that broker if the contract is small, so stalking is encouraged.

We have stayed at HHI twice in the past and love the resort. We may buy more points anyway LOL! We'll use the contracts for SAP in the interim. :car:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter