1st Anniversary Dinner at Grand Floridian with Wedding Cake Replica

Vanessa! Great idea! And happy anniversary! that was all beautiful. We can't do a 1st anniversary re-do (he'll still be in Iraq), but ONE day!

Vanessa! Great idea! And happy anniversary! that was all beautiful. We can't do a 1st anniversary re-do (he'll still be in Iraq), but ONE day!
Definitely keep it in mind for a future trip once he is all done in Iraq. After all, who says that you have to celebrate your anniversary on the actual day. We celebrated a few weeks early :goodvibes Or you can always save something like this for another anniversary too, after all you can never have too many trips to WDW::MickeyMo

Absolutely true and very good advice! Because of our European location, we may have a late anniversary/welcome home celebration at Disneyland Paris! I went there in Nov (with a friend) and wasn't TOO impressed, but it's still Disney! And Paris is right next door.

Absolutely true and very good advice! Because of our European location, we may have a late anniversary/welcome home celebration at Disneyland Paris! I went there in Nov (with a friend) and wasn't TOO impressed, but it's still Disney! And Paris is right next door.
Disneyland Paris sounds like it would be a great place for an anniversary celebration too. Even if its not quite the same it still must have some of the Disney magic in the air :wizard:

Awesome! I love it, thanks for sharing it with us!
Thanks for reading, I thought it would be something nice for a honeymoon too, so I wanted to share it with everyone :goodvibes

As a side note, that night when we were leaving POR we noticed the carriage stopped outside and I told Kris that I wanted to do that someday. Little did I know it was stopped because a couple had just gotten engaged, she has started her PJ here. I read about their story on the DIS after we got back and I thought that was pretty fitting for the evening!

That's me! Thanks for the shout out in your report :)

Sounds like you had a great time. I didn't know that a meal like that was even an option. As I was reading I had no idea where it was you were sitting until you posted the pictures looking into the lobby!
I love Canadian cheddar cheese soup and pretzel bread :lovestruc
And I'm always a sucker for cake lol

That's me! Thanks for the shout out in your report :)

Sounds like you had a great time. I didn't know that a meal like that was even an option. As I was reading I had no idea where it was you were sitting until you posted the pictures looking into the lobby!

I love Canadian cheddar cheese soup and pretzel bread :lovestruc
And I'm always a sucker for cake lol

No problem, I thought it was pretty exciting when I saw your report, what are the odds! It reminded me of last year when someone got engaged on my wedding day outside the Grand Floridian around the same time we were arriving after our DP; she found my report later and discovered that her engagement took place on my wedding day :bride:

I was pretty surprised where we ended up too for the dinner since I had been prepared to be outside on the balcony. It ended up being pretty private and since we were several floors above the band, the music was loud enough to be heard, but not overpowering.

The cheese soup was so good that night, Kris teased me that I ate too much of it and the bread so I was already full by the time our meal came around. :rotfl:

During Food and Wine this year my friend asked if he could get a bigger bowl of cheddar cheese soup than the tiny cup they sell. Apparently they get that a lot so they will put two cups in a coffee cup for you!

That's good to know about the soup. Our butler actually filled up two of the big soup bowls for me. I had to share the second bowl with Kris, there was no way that I was going to finish it on my own :goodvibes

Vanessa,

Thanks for posting the link and directing me over here....:) I didn't even know you could do a private dinner like that....That is definitely something I would like to do sometime in the future with my DH....Also, I didn't know you could do private dessert parties either, I thought it just had to be for big groups....so, these are good things to know....:thumbsup2

Hello my darling! So this is where you have been hiding...just kidding. Thanks for posting the link so I could see your anniversary dinner. It looked like a great time. I too had not idea that this could be done...which is really weird for the Disneyfreak that knows all things Disney. I am very glad to learn that I have more options than I knew I did. I was thinking of taking Brad on one of the Epcot fireworks cruises when we visit for our two year anniversary. Ever done on of those? Thanks again for sharing!

Anna Marie

Wow, how amazing. Now I may be up in the air debating on this or the Honeymoon photoshoot. Not sure which to do since they're both around the same price! BUt boy did you make it seem beautiful!

Vanessa,

Thanks for posting the link and directing me over here....:) I didn't even know you could do a private dinner like that....That is definitely something I would like to do sometime in the future with my DH....Also, I didn't know you could do private dessert parties either, I thought it just had to be for big groups....so, these are good things to know....:thumbsup2
I actually only found out about the dinner through the Disneymooners' web site. I then went to mouseweddings where they had some more info about it. Its amazing how many little things like this that Disney offers. The only stipulation with the dinner is that you had to be staying at a Disney resort in order to be eligible to book it. The DP is definitely on our to-do list for a future trip. Lurkyloo just had one on her anniversary trip which was a week before our trip, so I'm looking forward to seeing her review in her TR.

Hello my darling! So this is where you have been hiding...just kidding. Thanks for posting the link so I could see your anniversary dinner. It looked like a great time. I too had not idea that this could be done...which is really weird for the Disneyfreak that knows all things Disney. I am very glad to learn that I have more options than I knew I did. I was thinking of taking Brad on one of the Epcot fireworks cruises when we visit for our two year anniversary. Ever done on of those? Thanks again for sharing!

Anna Marie
The fireworks cruises are wonderful. We did one with a group for Illuminations and one for Wishes several years ago. They were both a lot of fun. For Illuminations, we were actually parked right next to the area where we eventually had our DP so the view was really amazing. They had snacks in the boat too (pop and chips). For our Wishes cruise it was to celebrate my college graduation and we even had a cake delivered to the dock to take on the boat :goodvibes

Wow, how amazing. Now I may be up in the air debating on this or the Honeymoon photoshoot. Not sure which to do since they're both around the same price! BUt boy did you make it seem beautiful!
I definitely recommend it; the dinner really was fantastic. On one hand you could save this for a future anniversary trip and then still get your Honeymoon shoot. Because after all, the dinners are available anytime, but you can only do the shoot once :bride: But, no matter what you decide either thing would be a magical addition to your trip. Looking forward to hearing your decision.

These DP's are different from the regular wedding DP's? I didn't know you could have a DP with up to 10 people. That really sounds like something we could do - the reason we're not doing a DP is because we only have 10-12 people at our wedding so we'd have to order a ton of food to meet the minimum.

Is there a place to get more info on these smaller, private DP's?

And congrats on your anniversary! Time really flies!

These DP's are different from the regular wedding DP's? I didn't know you could have a DP with up to 10 people. That really sounds like something we could do - the reason we're not doing a DP is because we only have 10-12 people at our wedding so we'd have to order a ton of food to meet the minimum.

Is there a place to get more info on these smaller, private DP's?

And congrats on your anniversary! Time really flies!

Yes, you can coordinate dessert parties through Disney Catered Events. They were extremely helpful. The location near the Rose and Crown Pub off their patio is for up to 10 guests. If you do it through catering instead of DFTW I am pretty sure that you can't wear your wedding dress again though. They were extremely helpful when I called the number below. If you want my direct contact just let me know too and I'll send you her email and direct phone line.
http://www.disneycateredevents.com/

Vanessa! Yay you posted all the details. I had emaile dyou awhile ago for the scoop, maybe I was spamed! This is so great! I want to set up a surprise for Pete for our anniversary trip!

Vanessa! Yay you posted all the details. I had emaile dyou awhile ago for the scoop, maybe I was spamed! This is so great! I want to set up a surprise for Pete for our anniversary trip!
Hmmmm.... I'm so sorry I didn't get the message. If you have any other questions let me know. I should still have your email address too, so I can send you something if you need any other details :goodvibes

I am going to give them a call at the Grand Floridian. I am excited. Were the fireworks nice even with out the music?

I am going to give them a call at the Grand Floridian. I am excited. Were the fireworks nice even with out the music?
Yes, it was still fantastic and to be honest we didn't even notice that we didn't have it :goodvibes Plus, since we were inside the Grand and not out on the patio we could hear the band that was playing, so we had some background music even if it wasn't the right track for the show.

How exciting, I hope you're able to do it; I highly recommend the experience :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter