18-year old in our room?

Sydnerella

enough is as good as a feast
Can our 18 year old son be in our stateroom with us if we have us two parents and our 16 year old daughter in a Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah? Is we have the Murphy bed it would be best for him as he is 6-ft.

Or can’t we have 3 adults in a room?

Can our 18 year old son be in our stateroom with us if we have us two parents and our 16 year old daughter in a Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah? Is we have the Murphy bed it would be best for him as he is 6-ft.

Or can’t we have 3 adults in a room?
Yes, you can have 4 people in a stateroom that fits 4 people, and yes, that can include 3 adults. You could have 4 adults in one stateroom if you wanted. Some staterooms only have space for 3 people (of any age); that would be the only limitation.

Check the specific stateroom reports to make sure that the exact stateroom you're interested in has a murphy bed. Make sure you're looking at the right class of ship (Magic & Wonder staterooms are identical; and Dream & Fantasy staterooms are identical).

Last edited:
The only limit to the number of adults in the stateroom is the capacity assigned to that stateroom. If a stateroom fits 4 people, it can be 4 adults or any combination of adults and kids that equals 4.

Not all the deluxe family rooms have the Murphy bed. If you want that, make sure to tell the agent you want one of the rooms with a Murphy bed.

We are parents with 2 adult children (18+), all in one cabin. We have done it without the murphy bed and with. If you can swing getting the cabin with the murphy, it works out great. That's where my tall son sleeps when we have that cabin style. Quite comfortable. Just be aware, with murphy bed open, your access to verandah door is blocked.

The number of people allowed in a room is the same whether they are adults or children. Speaking from personal experience on many cruises with 5 people in a stateroom, the Murphy bed does partially block access to the verandah door, but you can still get around the end of it to get outside for a coffee in the morning even if someone is sleeping in the bed.

We are parents with 2 adult children (18+), all in one cabin. We have done it without the murphy bed and with. If you can swing getting the cabin with the murphy, it works out great. That's where my tall son sleeps when we have that cabin style. Quite comfortable. Just be aware, with murphy bed open, your access to verandah door is blocked.
When you say “Tall” just how tall is he? Sometimes we travel with a 5’11” person and other times it’s a 6’6”. Did he feel his head and feet has room? I know many tall people are accustom too adaptations such as corner to corner sleeping, or foot dangling. Just wanted to give a heads up (lol see what I did there?) to the 6’6” guy.

My oldest DS is just under 6 ft tall and he fits on the "sofa bed" no problem. Youngest DS is about 5 10 and uses the "ceiling bed", again, without any issues. As previously noted, 4 adults are definitely allowed in a room as long as the room has capacity for 4.

When you say “Tall” just how tall is he? Sometimes we travel with a 5’11” person and other times it’s a 6’6”. Did he feel his head and feet has room? I know many tall people are accustom too adaptations such as corner to corner sleeping, or foot dangling. Just wanted to give a heads up (lol see what I did there?) to the 6’6” guy.

LOL- very true. He is more like 5'11" than 6'6". I can't speak to how comfortable it would be for someone that tall. All I can attest to in this instance is he is a "long" sleeper- loves to stretch all the way out, and is comfortable. No problems with head-being wedged into the frame where the bed is stored or excessive foot dangle. But at 6"6", I would think any bed there would be foot dangling as beds are just not that long. Perhaps ajoining cabins- push those legs and feet into next door LOL

You can have three adults in one stateroom, but 2 adults, an 18 year old and a 16 year old in one cabin might be tight quarters. If your budget allows, I would look into connecting staterooms. Parents in one room and children in the other. Everyone could get their space and if it's a balcony stateroom, Disney can remove the divider and your balcony will be huge

You can have three adults in one stateroom, but 2 adults, an 18 year old and a 16 year old in one cabin might be tight quarters. If your budget allows, I would look into connecting staterooms. Parents in one room and children in the other. Everyone could get their space and if it's a balcony stateroom, Disney can remove the divider and your balcony will be huge

Wow, that would be a very nice budget for a 7 night veranda stateroom cruise... plus flights and everything else... but nice idea if we could swing it! Wonder what that would cost on the new Wish sailings in Fall 2022???

There are different cabin categories.
Some cabins sleep 3 people the beds will be one queen size bed and the couch will fold down to a (small) twin bed.
Cabins that sleep 4 will have the queen, the fold down twin and a twin that folds down from the ceiling.
Cabins that sleep 5 will have the same beds as above as well as the Murphy Bed.
It’s not possible to book a cabin for more people than can fit in it (cabin with only 3 beds and 4 people). You can book a cabin that sleeps 5 with 3 people. These cabins do cost more.
The cabin steward will come in each night/morning and fold the couch bed/Murphy beds up.
I think?? the only cabins that sleep 5 are Veranda cabins.

Wow, that would be a very nice budget for a 7 night veranda stateroom cruise... plus flights and everything else... but nice idea if we could swing it! Wonder what that would cost on the new Wish sailings in Fall 2022???
Price out a veranda cabin and then an inside cabin across the hall sometimes it’s not that more expensive and so worth the extra space, another bathroom and TV.
The only thing if you do this:
Kids need to be 18 years old to be booked in a cabin by themselves so you will need to book yourself and the 16 year old in one cabin and the 18 year old and the other adult in the other adult in the other cabin once onboard you can sleep where you like.

Is a verandah a priority? Two verandahs would be pricey, but maybe you could try two oceanfronts or two insides? Or one verandah + one inside/oceanview? I would do all that I could to avoid that many people in one cabin given the ages. It would be really tight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter