17 yr old in adults only area?

Here are my final thoughts on this matter. My sister and I were diagnosed with breast cancer within a month of each other last summer. We went through treatment together, hers just completed last week. Our uncle was just diagnosed with lung cancer last month. I've really learned to concentrate on what's important. With that being said, I will not be spending my time on our upcoming cruise policing the adult areas for 17 year olds, ready to tattle to cast members. I'll be celebrating my 25th anniversary with my wonderful husband, beautiful daughter, and beautiful niece. I'll also be anticipating celebrating my 48th birthday the next week at Walt Disney World! Btw, my niece is only 17 1/2. I hope she doesn't accidentally wander into a forbidden area. :rotfl2:

So, with this logic, I...as a smoker.....can go ahead and smoke in my stateroom, or in my room at a non-smoking hotel.....because I paid for the right to do whatever I want, regardless of the "rule"??:confused3

Cool! Can't wait for my next cruise!!:smokin:

I think that you could, yes. In all reality any of us can do anything we want at any time. Run naked across the deck, throw someone overboard. I mean the list is endless of what rules you can break. Everyone decides what is best for them. Now me, I choose to break/bend minor rules such as valeting at a resort I am not a guest in, but maybe one day if I'm feeling really devious I will swim in a pool at another resort:eek:

Here are my final thoughts on this matter. My sister and I were diagnosed with breast cancer within a month of each other last summer. We went through treatment together, hers just completed last week. Our uncle was just diagnosed with lung cancer last month. I've really learned to concentrate on what's important. With that being said, I will not be spending my time on our upcoming cruise policing the adult areas for 17 year olds, ready to tattle to cast members. I'll be celebrating my 25th anniversary with my wonderful husband, beautiful daughter, and beautiful niece. I'll also be anticipating celebrating my 48th birthday the next week at Walt Disney World! Btw, my niece is only 17 1/2. I hope she doesn't accidentally wander into a forbidden area. :rotfl2:

I agree I don't care as long as you are quite

Enjoy your celebration and I hope you all will kick cancers butt!!!! :goodvibes

I realize this thread has been all over the place taking about 10 year olds in the adult only hot tub to the 17 yo quietly reading a book. I went back and read the OP again. The OP has 2 sons, age 19 and 17. This is the same age differance between me and my brother. And OP is right, younger bro will want to hang out with big bro.

But I think this is much ado about nothing becuase I seriously doubt the 19 yo is going to want to hang our in the adult only area and listen to some one-man-band play guitar and sing "Tie a Yellow Ribbon 'Round the Old Oak Tree"! Nor is he gonna want to hang out in the pool surrounded by hairy chested old bald men and overweigh 50 yo woman sipping on their drinks of the day and smelling like gardinias with the perfume the marinated in. The fun part of the pool decks are mid-ship! That is where the party is! That is where the girls are! That is where the music is. It's excting and festive and lots to see and doJust my observations from a dozen or so cruises and having sailed with kids from when they were 4 till when then were 23. No offence intended to the younger adults who hang out in the adult area, not talking about them.

Say it isn't so!!! I take it back...bring on the young guys. :laughing: As a 60 yr old that isn't overweight, doesn't wear perfume (allergic to it and bathes daily), and has no grandchildren... I do enjoy a few drinks/beers in peace. I'm also a double cancer survivor and would like to just kick back and enjoy life without drama. I'm not going to worry about an older teen in the adult area. Small children are another story. I hope everyone can have a good time without infringing on others enjoyment. Peace out!

I agree I don't care as long as you are quite

I am sorry to hear about your cancer but I don't agree. They are taking up chairs and there are not enough to go around for all of the adults. Add underage teenagers then it makes it worse. If you want family time then perhaps find a different area of the ship. Rules are rules.

I am sorry to hear about your cancer but I don't agree. They are taking up chairs and there are not enough to go around for all of the adults. Add underage teenagers then it makes it worse. If you want family time then perhaps find a different area of the ship. Rules are rules.

Maybe dh and I were lucky but when we went the adult area was always empty

DS was 18 when we were on the Magic. He was by the Quiet Cove pool and asked for photo ID to prove he was old enough to be there. He had his KTTW card on him, but not a photo ID. The CM told him he had to go get a photo ID or else he couldn't be in that area. DS was not disturbing anyone, he was playing games on his cell phone. He was annoyed he had to go and prove he was indeed old enough to be there. There were kids he saw there that were younger than 18 and they weren't asked for ID. They were with their parents. He didn't go back to that area for the rest of the cruise.

We just got off last Saturday. Adult area was pretty empty. No worries about lack of chairs.

Rogillio, I'm too lazy to go find your post to quote but you are right about all the fun being by the other pools. I like to lay out above them and watch the games or I can listen to my IPOD. All the cute teen girls are up there too :thumbsup2

No one answered my question a zillion pages ago. Has anyone had a teen that enjoyed their own pool and that pool area? I've always wondered what it was like.

PizzieDuster said:
Rogillio, I'm too lazy to go find your post to quote but you are right about all the fun being by the other pools. I like to lay out above them and watch the games or I can listen to my IPOD. All the cute teen girls are up there too :thumbsup2

No one answered my question a zillion pages ago. Has anyone had a teen that enjoyed their own pool and that pool area? I've always wondered what it was like.

Honestly it can be very difficult for the teens to use the teen pool. They put so many parameters on them that it isn't easy for them to use it. At times I wondered why they bothered to put one in for them because it seemed every time they wanted to use it, they were given an 'excuse' as to why they couldn't. DD spent A TON of time in the VIBE!! We Barely saw her and I think she got to use it ONCE??!! She rode the Aquaduck more! Kinda sad!

Honestly it can be very difficult for the teens to use the teen pool. They put so many parameters on them that it isn't easy for them to use it. At times I wondered why they bothered to put one in for them because it seemed every time they wanted to use it, they were given an 'excuse' as to why they couldn't. DD spent A TON of time in the VIBE!! We Barely saw her and I think she got to use it ONCE??!! She rode the Aquaduck more! Kinda sad!

What kind of excuses/parameters??

DS was 18 when we were on the Magic. He was by the Quiet Cove pool and asked for photo ID to prove he was old enough to be there. He had his KTTW card on him, but not a photo ID. The CM told him he had to go get a photo ID or else he couldn't be in that area. DS was not disturbing anyone, he was playing games on his cell phone. He was annoyed he had to go and prove he was indeed old enough to be there. There were kids he saw there that were younger than 18 and they weren't asked for ID. They were with their parents. He didn't go back to that area for the rest of the cruise.

Wow, I probably would have questioned that. That's what the KTTW card is for. The front of the card has a code ("A" for adult; "B" for over 18; and "M" for under 18). And all they have to do is swipe it, as the photo taken on checkin at the port is embedded on the card.

Definitely not the experience our DS had when he was 18. He was asked for his KTTW card about 3 or 4 times at Quiet Cove until the CMs there got to know him.

postalchick71 said:

Wow!! If my DD daughter was treated that way (she knows to pay attention to CM's names because we generally sing PRAISES about the wonderful things they do!!!) But if they told her to go get ID but ALLOWED kids who were CLEARLY TOO YOUNG to remain.... well, she and I would be having a nice little chat with the cruise director and that CM's boss!! That is ridiculous!! And it would also go on the survey card at the end. I don't think that CM would be doing that to another when I got done! And I would be making issue over why they were 'picking' at someone who had the RIGHT to be there when they should have been addressing the issue of the young kids who DID NOT belong!! Big Mistake!!

The response to that is "sure, and when I come back I would like to speak to your supervisor. And would you mind spelling your name for me?"

Wow!! If my DD daughter was treated that way (she knows to pay attention to CM's names because we generally sing PRAISES about the wonderful things they do!!!) But if they told her to go get ID but ALLOWED kids who were CLEARLY TOO YOUNG to remain.... well, she and I would be having a nice little chat with the cruise director and that CM's boss!! That is ridiculous!! And it would also go on the survey card at the end. I don't think that CM would be doing that to another when I got done! And I would be making issue over why they were 'picking' at someone who had the RIGHT to be there when they should have been addressing the issue of the young kids who DID NOT belong!! Big Mistake!!

Right on the KTTW card it indicates if you are a minor (M) or adult (A).

Nancy

You don't agree with what? I didn't say my niece would be going to the adult areas. That was a joke. I said I wasn't going to police the area for other 17 year olds. I have more important things to worry about. I live my life & let other people live theirs. :hippie:

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter