16 nights of Summer fun - Live Trip Report

TC are definitely not my preferred airline but they got us home at a reasonable price (£200pp compared to VA who wanted £1,000pp) No online check in so 50 mins in line(arriving almost 4 hours to take off), mega strict on luggage, not the comfiest seats (although legroom seems slightly better than VA) I was expecting them to charge for alcohol (which we don't drink on planes) but never expected to have to pay for soda or water, cost me £1.80/can x 4 = £7.20. Its 21 years since I last had to buy a soft drink on a transatlantic plane. Free IFE is very poor, they charge £3pp to upgrade to their Premium service but no idea what you get for that. Plus a fee for headphones if you want them. We got a meal and a snack included booking thru Condor, most people got them but a few didn't (again like luggage allowance check your booking, could be package/flight only difference) I thought VA were penny pinching but TC take it to a new level. :rotfl: On the whole not the best airline to go with but as I said the price was right, we got home 20 mins early, luggage was off in no time and we back home in bed for 7:30am. I am sure I would use again if the saving was enough.

Glad you had an uneventful flight and you're home safe.

Thanks for the review. Not our preferred airline either but couldn't justify the extra for a different airline when TC were so cheap! The main thing is that we get there and after all, it's only 9 hours. We normally buy a few drinks from one of the airport shops anyway and we will eat breakie in the airport lounge, although I know we have meals on the flight. I'll look into the IFE to see whether to upgrade but will probably stock my ipad with movies/ books/ games anyway. It's all change for us as for the the last 10 years we've flown VA but with prices ever on the increase, we're trying US Airways in October (indirect via Philly) and then TC in May. :)

Welcome home Wayne :thumbsup2

Glad you all had a great time & look forward to the next TR ;)

I've really enjoyed following your trip report and also Matt's blog. Looks like you all had a great family holiday. You've inspired me to add Tarpon Springs to our trip and some other little bits and pieces! Thanks for sharing :thumbsup2

Lets try this again, typed a full post out yesterday and lost it.

Thursday we had some pool time then to Ale house for lunch before going to EPCOT. Had a nap on Ellen's energy adventure :rotfl: Then Matt went on Mission Space (only ride I can think of I won't ride, once came off ill) then FP+ for Test Track, line went really slow, the standbye was out of the door, must have been well over 1 hour wait, possibly 2 hours. A few drinks in Club cool, I really like the pineapple Fanta.
Next we took the boat across to Germany to catch the Bon Jovi sound-a-like's Slippery When Wet. We realised how few Bon Jovi songs we knew. They sung for about 35-40 mins and only half knew 1 song. The 2 we do know they didn't sing (although did sing them in the their next set as we passed)
I believe they are a good act but if that's what Bon Jovi sound like I won't be going to see them.:rotfl:
Next we went into American Adventure to cool off, never been in before. Good animatronics but we prefer Hall of Presidents.
We then walked around to UK to see Matt's friend who is working there, Jack (Mrdudecool on DIS) he was busy so said to go back after the fireworks when the park was closing then he could talk. Great to see him again, hopefully meet up with him again in Sept and go for a meal.

Never been to Millers - will make it one day looks good.

We go 2 or 3 times every trip. Its also very good if you like a drink with your meal, they have daily offers like $2 draft pints or buckets of 5 bottles for $8.95 etc.

Just realised I had not posted pics from our last full day.

We spent the morning by the pool then had a meal at Texas Roadhouse and into MK.
Included a pic of a bin we saw, no idea if they are having staff issues, cutting staff or what but this was the 3rd bin I saw like this. Never seen them like this in on past trips so hope its dealt with. I have sent an email to guest relations but no reply yet.

That's it for another trip, thanks for reading.:goodvibes

Wow, that bin is dreadful. I'd heard about things like that being the case recently, but it's the first picture I'd seen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter