145 Middle Schoolers: Wicked Awesome or Epic Fail???DeParting-Such Sweet Sorrow p. 76

I had been gearing up for a much worse cockroach story, so just seeing (and squishing) one in the queue wasn't so bad.

Glad to hear that someone appreciated your golf ball planning!

I'm sure I too would be the chaperone that would be too chaperony. I don't think I could relax out of the role if I had someone else's kids under my watch. I'd happily let my own kid wander off, but not someone else's.

The evening at Epcot seems to be going well despite of the long waits. I am happy some of the kids came to appreciate Spaceship Earth. I am very curious about the kimono thing. We are going to eat at Tokyo Dining this year and I was wondering how expensive it would be to get Beatriz (and maybe myself) a kimono at the Japanese pavillon.

Q

Thank you for not updating TOO much while I was away! I was able to catch up in one sitting. :lmao:
Too cool about the golf ball!
Club Cool is not my favorite place either.
Love the Splash pics! Especially right before the big drop.

Amanda

I had been gearing up for a much worse cockroach story, so just seeing (and squishing) one in the queue wasn't so bad.

Glad to hear that someone appreciated your golf ball planning!

I'm sure I too would be the chaperone that would be too chaperony. I don't think I could relax out of the role if I had someone else's kids under my watch. I'd happily let my own kid wander off, but not someone else's.

Sorry the roach story was not more dramatic.

No, I'm not really sorry.

You are correct, I felt a lot more responsibility watching the other kids.

The evening at Epcot seems to be going well despite of the long waits. I am happy some of the kids came to appreciate Spaceship Earth. I am very curious about the kimono thing. We are going to eat at Tokyo Dining this year and I was wondering how expensive it would be to get Beatriz (and maybe myself) a kimono at the Japanese pavillon.

Q

You'll have to hang in there for the kimono info.

I can't imagine how incredibly cute Beatriz would look in one of those kimonos!

Thank you for not updating TOO much while I was away! I was able to catch up in one sitting. :lmao:
Too cool about the golf ball!
Club Cool is not my favorite place either.
Love the Splash pics! Especially right before the big drop.

Amanda

Isn't that neat with the golf ball?

Once you have tricked all of your family with Beverly at Club Cool, really, what is there to enjoy? :rotfl:

I really love that view from Splash and I always try to get a picture when I am on the ride. I have some other pictures I really like from other rides later in the trip.

But enough about me...

HOW WAS YOUR TRIP???

My trip was great! I need to upload my pics. We got home at 10pm and I was at work by 7:30am.

Amanda

Poor Dee! You were too chaperoney and some of the guys wanted to hand you off to another group. They just didn't realize what a gem of a Disney master they had in their midst.

What a great idea to bring along a golf ball to Soarin'! I would have never thought about that.

Poor Dee! You were too chaperoney and some of the guys wanted to hand you off to another group. They just didn't realize what a gem of a Disney master they had in their midst.

What a great idea to bring along a golf ball to Soarin'! I would have never thought about that.

I have to say that being in an hour long line for Soarin was not exactly the right time for me to go spouting off about my Disney cred!

Can't take credit for the golf ball idea, but I can brag about helping to spread the word!

PS- love your new tickers!

LOL!!

Ummm....Cockroach.... crunchy!!!

I just figured out why the roach wasn't in the FP line. Since they are going to be around at the end of the world, they are not in a rush to get anywhere.

Enjoyed your update! :) I was expecting a much worse cockroach story---that was mild---Remember I do work in a school, where roaches thrive!

I'm with Nate---no orange side for me! I think I was green the time I came off that side of the ride!

Yeah....if it were me I would probably be considered too chaperone-y. :rotfl: Most likely that is why my DS doesn't want me to chaperone his 8th grade trip to D.C. in Nov. Well, he never actually said he didn't want me to but I've asked about it a few times and his answer is, " Ummm... I don't know". That is his way of saying NO without hurting my feelings. ;)

Love the golf ball idea....will try it on our Aug. trip. :thumbsup2

Enjoyed your update! :) I was expecting a much worse cockroach story---that was mild---Remember I do work in a school, where roaches thrive!

I'm with Nate---no orange side for me! I think I was green the time I came off that side of the ride!

Guess I built up the cockroach incident too much!

I don't plan on trying the M:S Orange any time soon, either!

Yeah....if it were me I would probably be considered too chaperone-y. :rotfl: Most likely that is why my DS doesn't want me to chaperone his 8th grade trip to D.C. in Nov. Well, he never actually said he didn't want me to but I've asked about it a few times and his answer is, " Ummm... I don't know". That is his way of saying NO without hurting my feelings. ;)

Love the golf ball idea....will try it on our Aug. trip. :thumbsup2

My son didn't really try to spare my feelings about whether he wanted me to chaperone. He mostly didn't want me to be there. I have chaperoned many of his field trips throughout the years and he doesn't like it when I talk to his friends, or (horror) ask them to behave. But there was no way he was going on this trip without me, for so many reasons.

Dee:

Awesome report. I love the note about the golf ball. Now both you and Feckless have done it. My kids don't know about it, I think the next time I go to DCA I will take a golf ball with me and "catch it."

They will love it! Anyway, I did Mission Space Green and while my son really loved the ride, I wouldn't have a problem sitting out either. In fact I did sit out when they went on it a second time (but that was because I was recovering from motion sickness caused by a different ride ) but enough about me.

Sorry about waiting an hour for Soarin'. The last time I waited over an hour for a ride, it was the Little Mermaid ride at DCA. Of course, it was our first time riding it and it was only like a couple of weeks old so there's that...

I wouldn't wait more than maybe 20 minutes in line for Soarin' Over California but that's just me.

Dee:

Awesome report. I love the note about the golf ball. Now both you and Feckless have done it. My kids don't know about it, I think the next time I go to DCA I will take a golf ball with me and "catch it."

They will love it! Anyway, I did Mission Space Green and while my son really loved the ride, I wouldn't have a problem sitting out either. In fact I did sit out when they went on it a second time (but that was because I was recovering from motion sickness caused by a different ride ) but enough about me.

Sorry about waiting an hour for Soarin'. The last time I waited over an hour for a ride, it was the Little Mermaid ride at DCA. Of course, it was our first time riding it and it was only like a couple of weeks old so there's that...

I wouldn't wait more than maybe 20 minutes in line for Soarin' Over California but that's just me.

Thanks! Glad you are enjoying the report.

Hmmm... thinking I should open up a golf ball rental stand right before the entrance to Soarin'...

I'm intrigued to hear what ride made you sit out M:S- can't think of anything in EPCOT that would do it. I can't do the spinny rides. Won't even try the Tea Cups. The worst I ever felt was after riding Astro Orbitors.

Under normal circumstances, there is no way I would wait over 40 minutes for any ride. There is always something else to do. But Soarin' was really a priority ride for a lot of people (and it should be), so we toughed it out. Plus, the boys didn't mind being in lines at all- they were with their friends.

I think that what really bothers me is that looking back, I know we could have done it differently. And better.

Thanks for the shout out! I learned about the golf ball trick the DIS of course! LOL. It was one of my favorite moments of the trip.

Loved your report! So hard to be in Disney but not able to do your own thing, oh well, the only thing to do is to plan another trip, right????

Apparently, I have been too chaperone-y for some of our group..... :eek:

I think that would call for really early morning wake up calls all round :goodvibes

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

My trip was great! I need to upload my pics. We got home at 10pm and I was at work by 7:30am.

Amanda

Can't wait to hear about your trip and see your pics. I don't think I could make it to work so early after our vacations. :worship: to you! I try to come home so that I have the next day off so I can regroup before I head back to work.

My son didn't really try to spare my feelings about whether he wanted me to chaperone. He mostly didn't want me to be there. I have chaperoned many of his field trips throughout the years and he doesn't like it when I talk to his friends, or (horror) ask them to behave. But there was no way he was going on this trip without me, for so many reasons.

EXACTLY THIS!!! This sounds like my youngest daughter when I chaperoned her basketball trips. I was team mom and travelled with them all the time. We went up and down the east coast playing in tournaments and while she like my travelling with them, she would rather have had me not being a "chaperone" to the other girls. Oh how this brings back the memories of her many "eye rolls" at me. :rotfl:

EXACTLY THIS!!! This sounds like my youngest daughter when I chaperoned her basketball trips. I was team mom and travelled with them all the time. We went up and down the east coast playing in tournaments and while she like my travelling with them, she would rather have had me not being a "chaperone" to the other girls. Oh how this brings back the memories of her many "eye rolls" at me. :rotfl:

It is a really difficult situation. I think that the kids who don't want their parents to chaperone are the ones who have the most caring and diligent parents, who are the best chaperones.

I know the teachers and administrators were glad I was there!

I have heard that golf ball thing too before.. I have said for the last 3 trips I would bring one and do it...but have I yet.. NOPE! I actually just gave that tip out recently to some people on facebook too.

I have heard that golf ball thing too before.. I have said for the last 3 trips I would bring one and do it...but have I yet.. NOPE! I actually just gave that tip out recently to some people on facebook too.

It is such a neat idea! I would love to hear Claire's reaction to it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter