14 Nt Passport question

Lthouseprincess

Mouseketeer
Any one heard anything more on this? Here is waht was at the
http://www.curacao-tourism.com web site about vistors..

Entry Requirements: US and Canadian citizens need either a valid passport, or proof of citizenship in the form of an original birth certificate accompanied by photo ID, and an onward or return ticket. Most other nationals need only a passport. Visitors from the Dominican Republic, Colombia and Haiti require a visa. You will need to apply for a resident permit if you plan to stay for longer than three months. You are not allowed to work or live on Curacao without a work permit.

My TA called DCL last week and inquired about this and was told that DCL had not yet addressed that issue. When I received my invoice and receipt for deposit from the TA yesterday, it states:

Your travel requires the fo0llowing documentation:
A valid passport for US citizens required for entry.
All others must contact the consulate for ID requirements.
All passengers traveling outside of the country require a passport valid for 6 months beyond the conclusion of their travel date.

Based on everything that we have heard so far, it seems like a Passport is going to be required for the repositioning cruises.

An interesting FYI from my TA...If you miss the boat and have to fly to a non-US port to meet the boat, you MUST have a passport or you cannot fly into a non-US port.

Originally posted by myfairygodmother
An interesting FYI from my TA...If you miss the boat and have to fly to a non-US port to meet the boat, you MUST have a passport or you cannot fly into a non-US port.
Basically you'll need a passport to leave the country you're stranded in, period. Even if it's to fly back to the USA.

So having passports would make life soooooooooo much easier IMHO.

A lot of the ports are now requiring passports. We got ours before our 7 day last fall, glad we did, now we have no worries.

Lthouseprincess, just do what I did when I was inquiring about our stop in Barbados this Sept. - email the Curacao embassy, explain you are arriving via cruise ship and see what they tell you. I was pleasantly surprised to find out my group (all 17 of them) didn't need passports. Cruise passengers are considered "in-transit" and the new requirement didn't apply.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter