12/6/07...Anyone with us?

We're all home safe and sound! Peg and I both took yesterday off, Peg planned it, I just did it.

Pam made her plane too!

Who else is writing a trip report?

I'll be taking care of the Photo pass stuff from here at work after business hours and will PM/emial Jersey Linda and Pooh Jen with the details/directions.

Hey Jackie let me know when someone writes a trip report. I'd like to read :surfweb: up on how much fun you all had. I think I have finally figured out the two worst thing about a cruise. One is waiting for the day to come to get on the ship, even though you are excited it seems like forever before that day comes and the second is the day you have to get off the ship!! That is the pits. Well I still have 10 mo 3 weeks and 4 days to wait for my Nov cruise. :eek: I will need it. These 12 hour work days five and six days a week are really bringing me down. Have been doing them since April and there seems to be no end in sight. Anyway I need a pick me up by reading the trip report of the fun you all had. So let me know when it is ready. Thanks!

Hello all, it was nice to meet all of you and put a face to all your names, I wish we could have talked longer and seen you during the trip.
Thank you for all your help during the past few months it made our trip so much easier and enjoyable.
I hope to meet up with you all again in the near future on another Disney Cruise, I'll be keeping an eye out for some of your trip reports.

Wishing you all a VERY Merry Christmas and a safe, happy, healthy NEW YEAR!:grouphug:

Congratulations -- You are a Disney Cruise Line® House Party host!
You have been selected to host the first ever Disney Cruise Line® House Party on Saturday, January 26th.
As a party "cruise director," you will be one of one thousand Disney Cruise Line® households around the country to gather your friends for some midwinter sun and fun, Disney style. Interest in this promotion was extremely strong and spaces are limited, so be sure to act now to get your party started!

Whoo Hooo!!! I got selected! So ya'll are all invited on January 26th for a combo birthday/DCL party. Who's coming?:)

You have been selected to host the first ever Disney Cruise Line® House Party on Saturday, January 26th.
As a party "cruise director," you will be one of one thousand Disney Cruise Line® households around the country to gather your friends for some midwinter sun and fun, Disney style. Interest in this promotion was extremely strong and spaces are limited, so be sure to act now to get your party started!

Whoo Hooo!!! I got selected! So ya'll are all invited on January 26th for a combo birthday/DCL party. Who's coming?:)

HOORAY for YOU!!!

That is sooooooo cool!
I will be returning from a trip :sad2: so can not make it in person but will be there in spirit popcorn:: ...so what is involved in throwing a party :banana: :yay: :cheer2: ??????

OMG so did I. Now what are we gonna do?

do you know what time you are going to have it? i just saw this now - so i will need to check with my driver (for all who are not already aware of it - i would not have my liscense to this day if i wasnt forced into it! and i still hate to drive!)

:cat: :cat:

one other piece of news from over here - yesterday we brought home two new fur babies! tink (an orange tabby) and tiana (a calico - named after the newest disney princess whom will be in the movie "the princess and the frog" in 2009) - both are 8 weeks old but from different litters

: )

Linda - Congrats!!!! I had a feeling you were going to win. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to come, I can't get away in Jan/Feb !!!! Darn that would have been a blast to fly out and visit with y'all!

Please know I'll be there in spirit as well.

HOORAY for YOU!!!

That is sooooooo cool!
I will be returning from a trip :sad2: so can not make it in person but will be there in spirit popcorn:: ...so what is involved in throwing a party :banana: :yay: :cheer2: ??????

Indeed - how does that work?

:scared1: WOW - Jackie and I would be so torn as to who's home to go too.... if only we could. Well, maybe SHE can... new year for her with vacation time. Her computer is ill and she's not gotten it over here for Jose to fix yet, but I'm going to call her this morning and tell her. WAIT...

LET ME BE CLEAR - WHO IS INVITED AND TO WHICH PARTY?????
do you know what time you are going to have it? i just saw this now - so i will need to check with my driver (for all who are not already aware of it - i would not have my liscense to this day if i wasnt forced into it! and i still hate to drive!)

one other piece of news from over here - yesterday we brought home two new fur babies! tink (an orange tabby) and tiana (a calico - named after the newest disney princess whom will be in the movie "the princess and the frog" in 2009) - both are 8 weeks old but from different litters
Congrats on your new fur babies!!!!! Send pics!!! P.S. Thanks for the Christmas card - really cute!!!!:santa:

I have to set up the "party site" on line (today) and get you guys an e-vite. The House Party will be sending out party favors and other goodies for the guests and the rest of the party will be up to me. We are thinking about doing a pirate theme. Ed is already coming up with clever ideas. When you get the e-vite you can log onto the site and read more.:goodvibes

So where ya goin, Pat? I will put a picture of you, and all my other cruising buddies that can't be there on the mantel. You guys will add "atmosphere", as usual, LOL!;)

Congratulations on the new furbabies! Sarah is thrilled that now you have kitties just like us. Honey is a calico and Weasley is an orange tabby.:goodvibes

Here is a suggestion ~~:idea: Set one party from 12PM thru 3PM at one house having light finger foods, beverage of your choice and desserts, like a tea party. Then at the other house a party from 6PM to 9PM serving cold cut sandwiches, a few salads, beverage of your choice and desserts. This way you'll both be able to have the party, plus you'll be able to go to each others. I'm sure you'll both be inviting a few different people that you know from work etc... so you'll be able to meet new people also. Just decide on one theme and follow it through with both parties. Maybe you can share the cost of decorations for both houses or something to that affect. (The hours between the first and second party gives the people doing the second party time to go home and relax and prepare any last minute things before their guests arrive.) It's a thought, maybe not a great one, but at least you can both do the party that way. I wonder what you get out of having one of these parties. It is like you would be promoting DCL/Disney to your guests. Maybe you'll get some extra OB credits. Wouldn't that be nice!:dance3: :yay: Well let me run I have some food shopping to do.

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!:santa:

:santa: Wishing you safe travels and happy holiday memories with your families and friends!!!:angel:

I GOT SELECTED TOO!! I have a very small house so a friend of mine is letting me host the party at her house, from 1-4pm on Jan 26th. How cool that you and FaireyGodmother both got selected to host parties.

I finally got my invitation list finished and they were sent out to 32 people, although I only expect about half of those to show up (I hope it's only half!).
Now that we made it through Christmas, and don't have big plans for New Year's Eve, I can start concentrating on the house party. It will be FUN!

Since we live in different parts of the country, maybe we could share ideas for games, decorations, etc.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that it was fun meeting all of you onboard the Wonder. It was so nice to see some familiar faces as we strolled the decks and passageways. I'm glad I printed out that picture of you guys and brought it with us to the terminal. Thanks for making us feel welcome.

I have to share something fun that happened to us on Castaway Cay. Steve and I rented bikes and rode out to the observation tower. When we climbed to the top we found a crew filming a new promotional video for the Disney Cruise Line! We watched quietly while the "star" Rick did several humorous takes. Then they asked if I wanted to be in the video!! :thumbsup2 I was directed to look through the telescope while Rick crouched down in front of it, then as he popped up and made a comment I was supposed to react in surprise. We did a few takes with different dialog each time. Then I got to dance with Rick for a few minutes while they filmed us and Rick ad libbed some comments. I'll probably end up on the cutting room floor, but if you should get a copy of the new video - look for me! :cool1: Steve took lots of pictures and videos so at least I'll have those memories.

The director said the video was a project of a woman standing in the background, and she asked if I had applied to be a host for the Disney Cruise Line House Party. When I said yes, she asked my name and said she'd send me a copy of the video. In fact, I'm wondering if they are going to send all the hosts a cop of the new video to show at the house parties. popcorn:: Wouldn't that be fun? :yay:

Bev, I thought the video they were shooting was actually FOR the house parties. Poohjen was also in some shots done in the hot tub at the adult pool.

Hope everyone had a great holiday and I want to wish you all a safe and healthy 2008! And may everyone cruise again with Mickey :thumbsup2

Happy 2008 to all!:grouphug:

I just booked our next cruise, the 12/5/09 Eastern (St. Croix) cruise on the Magic. Anyone want to come?

-3LVDisney

Bev, I thought the video they were shooting was actually FOR the house parties. Poohjen was also in some shots done in the hot tub at the adult pool.

Hope everyone had a great holiday and I want to wish you all a safe and healthy 2008! And may everyone cruise again with Mickey :thumbsup2

Oh, that's what I'm hoping for - that the new video will be sent to all the house party hosts. They didn't explain that to us, but when I got to thinking about it, it made sense. It will be fun to see Poohjen in the hot tub shots, too!

Do you know if anyone has been able to download any party favors or menus yet from the Disney House Party web site? Every time I check it out it says nothing has been posted yet. It's getting close!! I need to know what they will be sending. I'm gathering some Disney door prizes for games and such, although I imagine some things will be included in the party packs.

Oh, that's what I'm hoping for - that the new video will be sent to all the house party hosts. They didn't explain that to us, but when I got to thinking about it, it made sense. It will be fun to see Poohjen in the hot tub shots, too!

Do you know if anyone has been able to download any party favors or menus yet from the Disney House Party web site? Every time I check it out it says nothing has been posted yet. It's getting close!! I need to know what they will be sending. I'm gathering some Disney door prizes for games and such, although I imagine some things will be included in the party packs.

Here's the link to the party planning thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1662206

I PM'd it to you also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter