11/24/07 We are Better Than Leftovers!!! Nana Head reunion Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep! On my website http://mruhaak-ivil.tripod.com/ AND on my utube page http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=mruhaak

So watch yourselves!:lmao:

Lucky for you I'm going to have a 17 1/2 month old distraction!

That ought to keep us safe from your camera. :lmao:
In regards to the shuttle from the Radisson... we're not gonna use it but they do recommend that you reserve ahead. The passporter says that you can reserve seats up to 2 weeks in advance. I cant wait to see the radissons pool. We've never stayed there, but it looks cool.

Ok,time to get the dog fixed up with a treat-- its too cold to walk him so the backyard will have to do.

bbl....and hi Mel :wave2:

Ok, here is a question for some of you park experts. If you go during a time that is crowded, do you have any particular plan that you follow. We have always been during slow times and have stayed for at least a week, so we just picked a park for the day and went with it. I keep seeing all this advice for visiting during crowded times and wonder if we should follow it or not. Since we will be there the day after Thanksgiving, we are planning to be at the MK at rope drop. But after that, other than just enjoying the day what "plan should we follow? Some say start in tomorrow land, some say no, go the left, etc. etc. Any advice from those of you who have been there and delt with big crowds, how about some insight!!!

Hi Mutt:wave:

I miss Shell... and Kim... and Cheri...

Where IS everybody???

Well I'm off soon... busy night :crazy: of insanity ahead of me!!

Wish I could help you Brantley but I'm not a park expert. Sure Kathy or someone else can though!

Shell will post from time to time....shes working outta town right now...
Pg usually posts in the evening...
Kim? Good question....I know Jacob was ill--that may be taking her time up...work....who knows....Kim? You out there?

Hey Brantley!

I cant help either....I'm the one that has only been to DW two times....so ashamed...look away, I'm hideous.....(wheres it from???? its an easy one)

My poor DH. Every week he goes up to take photos of the Google plant that they are building here. It's a nice paycheck! Well orginally he used a helicopter, but lately he had to switch to an airplane, because the helicopter guy quit business and there is no one else around.

Well... he gets motion sick:sick: when taking photos in the plane. I just called him and he threw up in the plane. And it sounds like he's feeling just awful still!

The good news/bad news:confused3 is that they just told him they want him to take photos of the 2nd plant that they are just starting to move ground on. So that means we could have another 6 months of the $$... BUT...

I told him maybe he should go to the doctor and get some kind of medication. He says dramamine doesn't work.

Ok, here is a question for some of you park experts. If you go during a time that is crowded, do you have any particular plan that you follow. We have always been during slow times and have stayed for at least a week, so we just picked a park for the day and went with it. I keep seeing all this advice for visiting during crowded times and wonder if we should follow it or not. Since we will be there the day after Thanksgiving, we are planning to be at the MK at rope drop. But after that, other than just enjoying the day what "plan should we follow? Some say start in tomorrow land, some say no, go the left, etc. etc. Any advice from those of you who have been there and delt with big crowds, how about some insight!!!

I have lots of experience being at WDW with company during peak seasons, so here is what you want to do first.

Everyone pick the one attraction you just cant miss!!

I need to know that before I can help you with a plan.

But i can say use FAST PASS!!!
Have you used them before?? They are a life saver, but can quickly be gone for the most popular attractions. They give you a 1 hour time frame to return to the ride to get on without long lines, also on the ticket will be a time (before the time you use your ticket) when you can get another fast pass.
so one trick is to get your second fast pass at that time, then you wont have as long a wait for your second fast pass. Keep doing that all day for the attractions that offer them.

also to avoid a fast pass line on the ride do arrive right at the time you can ride, give it 15 minutes, then go, some of the rush will of died down.

When the parade runs in the afternoon and evening is another good time to hit the more popluar rides because thousands will be watching the parade.

Many leave the park right after the parade to relax back at the hotel or to go to another park, so it will slow down a bit then.

I can tell you that when the ropes drop the majority will head for space mountain, or splash mountain and thunder mountain railroad.

If you like these rides, head for splash mountain, grab a fast pass, then walk right next door and go on thunder mountain.
then you should have time to walk around the corner to the Pirates and Tiki Birds and Aladdin. By then you should be able to get a 2nd fast pass for the jungle boat ride.

while waiting for it, do Tom sawyer island, , time to use splash mountain fast pass, then to country bears and the Haunted mansion. at this point we usually send the fastest walker to space mountain to get everyone a fast pass. we meet back for a snack outside the Hall of presidents area, then time to go to the other side of the park.

we do the carousel of progress, the TT&A, by then it will be time to get another fast pass for either Buzz or Stitch rides. Have lunch and over to do space mountain. if time allows we go to the tea cups becasue if they are lined up it still goes fast. Then back to do either buzz or stitch, then grab a fast pass for another attraction and have a snack. it will be parade time so get in position to do what ever you want.
Like the new Monsters Inc laugh comedy club. You can alwasy shop to fill in the time between rides.

Of course you have younger kids so you may want to do the kiddie rides first because most dont have fast passes there.

like I said, tell me everyones must do ride and I will try to give you a tip on which to grab passes for first. We have been to WDW at least 300 times in the last 7 years. So I do know my way around the parks.
Dawn knows her way around too!! Terri too she has been 100 times.

between the 3 of us we will give you some great tips.
you may be sorry you asked:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
3 women with our different ideas about the best way to see the parks

Kathy

Hi MeMe! I don't if anyone here does marathons. I run mostly 5K's with a 10 or20K thrown in once in a while. Our very own CruiseMutt has also joined the racing ranks this year!:thumbsup2

I've heard the WDW half & full marathons are pretty good. One of my friends did both last year so she could get the Goofy medal!

I'm thinking of trying a marathon sometime, just to say I've done one! I've considered WDW or Vegas or Hawaii -- it needs to be somewhere that's a destination in itself.

I'll probably do a couple half-marathons this year and then I'll decide if I'm ready for the next step.:confused3

Who does the drinking marathon?:lmao: Sorry, couldn't resist. I am a slug who has not exercised in twenty years. Yes, I know....

WHAT! I was SURE DCL would debut Enchanted on our voyage! Has anyone asked about the red carpet premeire movie???

IF you have a few days, try another park on Thanksgiving Day. We did MGM, had lunch at the Brown Derby and linked to the Reserved seating for Fantasmic...no waiting...they take you through a different entrance. I did MK on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day once and it was really rough.

My poor DH. Every week he goes up to take photos of the Google plant that they are building here. It's a nice paycheck! Well orginally he used a helicopter, but lately he had to switch to an airplane, because the helicopter guy quit business and there is no one else around.

Well... he gets motion sick:sick: when taking photos in the plane. I just called him and he threw up in the plane. And it sounds like he's feeling just awful still!

The good news/bad news:confused3 is that they just told him they want him to take photos of the 2nd plant that they are just starting to move ground on. So that means we could have another 6 months of the $$... BUT...

I told him maybe he should go to the doctor and get some kind of medication. He says dramamine doesn't work.

That is terrible, I hope they can give him something to help. Gosh, do you think the ships movement will bother him? I hope not, better get something just in case.

Kathy

Who does the drinking marathon?:lmao: Sorry, couldn't resist. I am a slug who has not exercised in twenty years. Yes, I know....

WHAT! I was SURE DCL would debut Enchanted on our voyage! Has anyone asked about the red carpet premeire movie???

Robin - You might be right about the red carpet movie. Last year, they premiered The Santa Clause II on our sailing..

I am def in cruise mode:banana: not much else has been done today other than online research. Our tentative plans for St Maarten - hire taxi when arrive in Phillipsburg(best souvenirs at Rimas but will shop later)
Butterfly Farm
Loterie Farm - try to get dh to do the zipline - their site has been down but emailed another excursion company - possible lunch at their restaurant
Friars Bay Beach (may cut-out depending upon the loterie farm)
Mullet Bay - family beach, not as touristy as orient beach Rosies shack for BBQ
Sunset Beach Bar on Maho Beach for cocktails and jet watching
Phillipsburg - shop at Rimas & Guavaberry Emporium
If there is another family out there who wishes to share the taxi and our adventure please let me know.

Tomorrow I'll make a decision on St Thomas.

Off to do some work to pay for this cruise:rotfl:

Meme - Have you been to Mullet Bay b4? I just looked it up and it looks pretty nice. We are planning on orient but a little nervous about the nudity and the kids. Just don't want to have to have any conversations with DD9 about the male anatomy on this trip...

Judy or Robin
Remind me again where you go at Orient Beach. Is it the Kon Tiki? And is it at the northern end of Orient or more toward the center?

Jeff

HELLO ALL

MY NAME IS TERRI MY DH IS RUDI
OUR DD BRITTANI 14 DS RUDI 12

THIS WILL BE 7TH DC
11-14-99 4 NIGHT
9-30-00 7 NIGHT (I WON ON THE ROSIE SHOW)
11-9-02 7 NIGHT
6-12-04 7 NIGHT
2-11-06 7 NIGHT
12-14-06 3 NIGHT
11-24-07 7 NIGHT

WE HAVE BEEN TO DISNEY OVER 130 TIMES
WE LIVE IN ROYAL PALM BEACH FL.

WE WILL NOT HAVE THE SHIRS ON OUR DD HAS ASPERGERS SYNDROME AND YELLOW IS NOT GOOD FOR HER.
BUT DONT WORRY WE WILL FIND YOU!:banana: :banana: :banana:

FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT ARE AFRAID OF SCARING ME AWAY DONT BE.:dance3:

ONLY 17 DAYS
TALK TO YOU SOON
TERRRI:banana: :banana: :dancer: :rockband: :dancer:

Hey, Terri, I'm a middle school principal and we created an Asperger's group because we have so many kids. We reallocated funds and created a special class for study and social skills and hired three assistants to support our kids in regular classes. My DD Sarah is good with our kids and can be a help to your DD if needed. Make sure we know her concerns and her strengths, TV shows, etc. Are sunglasses good for her color issues? What TV shows/cartoons does she like? Is she musical? What's her "thing" that she knows the most about? We want to make her comfortable.

For other nanas out there, Asperger's kids are on the high end of the Autism spectrum. Really smart, but with some problems taking cues from others' facial expressions, speech, or behaviors. Kids look just like other kids and are usually quite gifted...I've known some BRILLIANT math and music boys. They just don't communicate well and can have problems with certain colors or sounds. They simply perceive many things differently than others and may respond differently to sensory stimulation. The guy on Boston Legal displays some Asperger's behaviors.

Judy and I take our families to Kon Tiki on St. Maarten...the nudity is minimal and usually folks that NOBODY wants to see naked. We made a big joke out of it. Our DDs were between 10-13 at the time. They only remember the great burgers and chili fries at the Kon Tiki ON THE BEACH restaurant. Too good for words!:confused3

Thanks Alot.:cheer2: :cheer2: WE NEED ALL THE CHEERLEADERS WE CAN GET.
BRITTANI IS VERY SMART BUT SLOW ON THE SOCIAL SKILLS. AS I SAID SHE IS VERY DIFF ON THE CRUISE. WE NEVER SEE HER. SHE LOVES THE SHOWS. SEES BOTH OF THEM MOST NIGHTS.
CANT WAIT TO MEET YOU
17 DAYS
:banana: :dancer: party: :dancer: party:

Thanks Alot.:cheer2: :cheer2: WE NEED ALL THE CHEERLEADERS WE CAN GET.
BRITTANI IS VERY SMART BUT SLOW ON THE SOCIAL SKILLS. AS I SAID SHE IS VERY DIFF ON THE CRUISE. WE NEVER SEE HER. SHE LOVES THE SHOWS. SEES BOTH OF THEM MOST NIGHTS.
CANT WAIT TO MEET YOU
17 DAYS
:banana: :dancer: party: :dancer: party:

Back atcha! I'm so glad you are with our crazy group. I LOVE this crowd and I've never met anyone except Judy (mickeyworld).

Gotta let the kid get on the lap top...she's asking me how plants excrete waste. Maybe I can get my other computer rocking. Or, I could just sit and have another drink in front of the fireplace. Hmmm.

TTFN, my TOO EXCITED TO WORK Nanas! (Said in my best little boy on the WDW commercial voice!)

Woo, we miss ya, doll!

Christine...............woo hoo!!!:banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter