10 ways you are getting ripped off.

After reading all these posts, I decided to go and buy a pair. Last night I went to Kohl's with my 20% off coupon and got the Avia Avi-Motion iTone High-Performance Toning Shoes.

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/sho...Motion+iTone+HighPerformance+Toning+Shoes.jsp

OMG - they are so comfortable. I usually have such a problem finding sneakers that don't hurt my feet when I do a lot of walking. These felt like I was walking on air.

So now I can alternate between wearing my new comfy sneakers and my comfy Fit-Flops.

Thanks so much for starting this thread. My feet are going to be so happy.

FWIW - if you think the ShapeUps, Fit Flops & Easy Tones are pricey, check out MBT Shoes.
http://us.mbt.com/Default.aspx?lang=en-US

MBT owner here. I purchased them before the other manufacturers came out with a similar concept. I'm not positive, but I think that MBTs were the first with the idea.

I purchased them because I have a hard time with shoes. Period. These were the first shoes that I was able to wear for even a short period of time without having blisters form and without any other random pain in the feet.

When I first started wearing the MBT's, the thing that hurt the worst was my inner and outer thighs. The MBTs say they "awaken forgotten leg muscles." The sole of the shoe is not as wide as your foot, so you "wobble" which activates your inner and outer thighs with each step or even while standing.

If you are on your feet a lot, even while standing, the rocking motion of the shoe (if you purposefully do it) will help with fatigue. You can get your body into different positions so that one muscle, especially one area of a muscle, doesn't get overworked.

Because of the soles, the cushioning is amazing. It becomes very difficult to put on regular shoes once you get used to the footbed of this type of shoe.

I really love my MBTs. They have lasted a long time. I don't wear them every day, because I love my Merrell sandals too.;) It's awesome that I can get the MBTs resoled too.

I tried FitFlops. Maybe I got a bad pair, but the thing between my toes was rough and rubbed me raw. I'm used to shoes with things there so I was very surprised. I got rid of those.

The Rip-Off: Reebok calls it the EasyTone; Skechers, the ShapeUp. These curved-sole shoes, transforming people into human rocking chairs, cost up to $130 and promise to keep you fit even while grocery shopping. During 2009 sales grew 14-fold to $245 million, estimates market researcher NPD. One problem: "They mostly affect the foot and ankle," says Dr. Michael Ross, director of Rothman Institute's Sports Performance Lab, which counts the Philadelphia Eagles, Phillies and Flyers among its clients. "There is no evidence they will help you tone better or quicker than a regular shoe."

How to Avoid It: Join a gym.

They don't even have their info right. The Easy Tone shoes do not have a curved sole, they have something they call a balance ball on the bottom. Very different from the curved soles used on the other brands.

So we are supposed to trust the opinion of someone who doesn't even know that?:rotfl2: I think I will trust the opinion of the many people who have told me they love their exercize shoes.:thumbsup2

I just bought the Avia brand -- well because they were the only size 10 in the store!!!

Anyway, it does seem to take more effort to walk in them, so I guess I'm getting some exercise benefit from them. But agree with others that the cushioned soles are wonderful. I take a 3 mile walk every day on pavement and the bottoms of my feet don't hurt when I wear them.

So, I agree that maybe I will not have a model's butt, but they are certainly helping my aching feet!

p.s. I got mine at Kohl's ... $80 minus 30% = $56

p.s. I got mine at Kohl's ... $80 minus 30% = $56

Ooh, I'm jealous! My Mom had a 30% coupon, but I told her I wasn't going shopping:eek: and didn't need it. Of course after she throws it away, I come here and find this thread.:rotfl: I'm just glad I got them.

I'm starting to get interested after reading this. I'm 50 years old and feel like I'm starting to walk like an old woman due to sore feet. I don't care about the getting in shape claims, but if they can make my sore feet better, I'm sold (I've also been diagnosed with PF.)

I hear you...all of a sudden my heels kill me..and I'm exerciseing alot more. I think running started it, but now..OW. I got a pair of NB heel support shoes but they don't help, in fact my old NB feel better. I may try these. Getting old really does stink.

It also says that Cable TV is a rip off. While I think it is overpriced, I disagree that you can just watch everything on Hulu.....that is hard with 5 of us. We don't have 5 computers. Also, not everything is on Hulu.

Dawn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter