"10/23/2010 Seven Days of Magic Sailing to the Saints Looking for Serenity Now!" 2

Thank god we never had problems with the sewage smell. The only thing I noticed was we had to pull our cabin door shut (the kids often forgot). I saw a lot of cleaning and varnishing going on. I thought the pools looked great. I don't know why anyone thought the WD theater was falling apart???
Let me say that after speaking with people on the Epic I too feel we got a good value for the money. I've always conceded that DCL is expensive but now I am not so sure. I couldn't believe how NCL nickels and dimes their guests. They were not thrilled with the entertainment and some shows they even had to pay for!!!

Wow, guests had to PAY for some shows onboard the ship??!!! What's that all about?

Sue and I had an awesome time on the cruise. It had been 8 years since our last cruise (also on Disney) and we had forgotten just how great the service is on the Disney Magic. We met our server and head server from our very first cruise. After 10 years they are still on the Disney Magic. How awesome is that. Dean (our server on this cruise) went above and beyond at every meal and whenever we bumped into him on the ship. He is what Disney is all about. The entire staff was excellent. It was fun meeting a few new DISers and reacquainting ourselves with friends from other Disney trips. And I finally managed to convince my wife to eat at Palo. I can see why Pete likes to eat there EVERY night. We booked a 3-day cruise next year about the same time just so I can ride the Aqua Duck. Thanks again to Brenda and Eric for keeping the excitement level so high for this cruise.

Thank you, John. It was a pleasure meeting you and Sue as well. Eric and I enjoyed chatting with you. I think this group as a whole just made this such a wonderful cruise.

Was wondering why our original meet posts were a few pages back - we have a new one...:)

Finally recooperating from vacation. We had a great time on the Ship (as usual).

I will say, and yes I tend to be detailed oriented, that the Magic is definetly looking her age. Our stateroom was showing signs of wear and tear as well of many of the common areas (large stains on the carpet near the stairs, etc.). I constantly saw work and cleaning going on but I think there is only so much you can do with constantly used areas without doing a total replacement.

I hope that when Fantasy comes into play they take the Magic out for several months and really do an overhaul.

Was wondering why our original meet posts were a few pages back - we have a new one...:)

Finally recooperating from vacation. We had a great time on the Ship (as usual).

I will say, and yes I tend to be detailed oriented, that the Magic is definetly looking her age. Our stateroom was showing signs of wear and tear as well of many of the common areas (large stains on the carpet near the stairs, etc.). I constantly saw work and cleaning going on but I think there is only so much you can do with constantly used areas without doing a total replacement.

I hope that when Fantasy comes into play they take the Magic out for several months and really do an overhaul.

Hi, Anjelica, Welcome home.

Our original thread was closed because it had reached its maximum page/post limits, 250/3750. So, I posted a link in the last thread directing folks to the new one.

Hope that you had a wonderful time.

Wow!! That's beautiful!!! My picture is always washed out becouse it's so bright. Would you be willing to sell any 4 x 6 of this picture (Magic)?

Hey Paul send me your email via a pm and I will send you a copy of the file. Print off what ever size you want.

DCLCruise2010-0322_edited-2.jpg

Thank you!!!!

I used a polarizer filter on the lens while at CC. It really helped to make the colours pop. Normally on such a bright day the colours would wash out. First time using that type of filter. See I'm still learning this photography business....

Here's couple more from CC.

DCLCruise2010-0344_edited-2.jpg

I would love to use this photo as my 'computer screen background' if that is ok with you - it is GORGEOUS - well they all are!!! you have an amazing eye

I would love to use this photo as my 'computer screen background' if that is ok with you - it is GORGEOUS - well they all are!!! you have an amazing eye

Thank you so much!! Use what ever you want, I don't mind at all. :thumbsup2

Thank you!!!!

I used a polarizer filter on the lens while at CC. It really helped to make the colours pop. Normally on such a bright day the colours would wash out. First time using that type of filter. See I'm still learning this photography business....

Here's couple more from CC.

DCLCruise2010-0344_edited-2.jpg

You know, Brenda, that's a great idea!! I hadn't thought of that. But, looking at it, it fits my computer screen perfectly!!!

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone in our FE group. Your gifts were wonderful and we had such a great time receiving them on the ship and even more fun going through them again at home. You are all so generous!

I'm sad that I only got to meet a few of you. We got to the port so late that we missed most of the meet. :sad2: Then we woke up late on Sunday and missed the stateroom tour. :sad1: It was great getting to know you on the boards. We had a wonderful time and hope to run into you again soon!

We booked a B2B on the Dream 12/8/11 and 12/11/11 and a dummy date for our 15th anniversary :hug: in December 2012 on the Fantasy (no kids). I can't wait to see the new ships!

So- how was it? Took me a minute to find the group, as they closed the other thread.

WDW was a lot of fun for us: hot weather, interesting tours, Eatin' Epcot, though it seemed like all the parks were unusually crowded until about Thursday.

So- how was it? Took me a minute to find the group, as they closed the other thread.

WDW was a lot of fun for us: hot weather, interesting tours, Eatin' Epcot, though it seemed like all the parks were unusually crowded until about Thursday.

it was FABULOUS!!!! definitely my favorite itinerary (over the western)....booked two more cruises!!! Epcot & the FandW fest was great too - hadn't done that before....

While there were a couple of "bumps" in the road... we had a great time!
1200 pics, sunburn, overeating, and lack of sleep... and we are all happy as can be!

Thanks to everyone in our FE group from cabin 6106! My girls loved all their little gifts and so did my husband and I!

Next vaca booked on the Dream in 2012!!!

Quick question. We dummy date booked a cruise onboard for Dec 2011. We are thinking of moving this ressie to a 2012 DD on the dream. My question is if we are even thinking about it should we move it now to lock into a price? Will the price be better now rather than waiting to decide? We know we are not actually taking the 12-04-11 cruise as we cannot pull the kids out of school next time. Please advise.

I am secretly hoping Mizar (my server) will show up at my door tonight ready to serve me a wonderful dinner. Anyone else feeling that way?:laughing:

I am secretly hoping Mizar (my server) will show up at my door tonight ready to serve me a wonderful dinner. Anyone else feeling that way?:laughing:

I just called my neighbor who also sailed with us. I asked her..."Isn't this supposed to be lobster night???" How low we've sunk;)

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter