$1 Billion Plus Redevelopment of 1100 Acre Resort Bordering Walt Disney World

PortMickey

WDW & DCL fan
I'm sure Marriott and Hilton were thrilled to hear that DME was ending. Who owns Grand Cypress?

It looks gargantuan. I thought Margaritaville in Orlando was gorgeous, but this concept is impressive. I have to wonder if this will have any substantial impact on DVC sales/resales. I don't know if this new development will require long-term contracts though, but is probably unlikely.

I did fill out the short survey to learn more.

https://evermoreresort.com/home

The Grand Cypress is behind the Best Western Hotel on Hotel Plaza Blvd. near Disney Springs but you cannot access it from Hotel Plaza, you need to go out of WDW at the Crossroads then left to SR 535 and left again onto Apopka/Vineland at the lights to access the hotel.

I think that is a different property. If you look at the Evermore Resort website, if you travel East on Vista Blvd from Golden Oaks, It runs right into it. Across the street from the Cast Member Softball field. Map below:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/V...cdf6!5m2!4m1!1i2!8m2!3d28.403354!4d-81.527306
Its all part of the same Grand Cypress property. Vista Blvd runs past Golden Oak, past a bunch of warehouses and then to 535. The development seems to be directly across from several apartment complexes on 535.

Its all part of the same Grand Cypress property. Vista Blvd runs past Golden Oak, past a bunch of warehouses and then to 535. The development seems to be directly across from several apartment complexes on 535.
Wow! That's pretty big!

I'm very curious about the price point on some of the options they have. The only thing is what their transportation options are. I'm big on that.

I'm very curious about the price point on some of the options they have. The only thing is what their transportation options are. I'm big on that.
If the location is where is being guessed, it will demand a premium as far as house rentals even without the amenities. Even if they only add transportation to TTC, I can see it at levels 20 to 50% more than Winsor Hills rentals.

With the proximity and size they could offer higher frequency busses to TTC than Disney does from the onsite resorts to the parks, though the internal loop would be a downside (like SSR)

Last edited:
Very beautiful and huge resort....

But keeping Disney on their toes.... they have the goose that lays the golden eggs. They can drop one costly incentive like Magical Express, and focus more on others that cost them very little.

When things return to normal, what if Park Reservation stay and along with FastPasses are offered to Disney Resort guest first. What if Disney Resort Guest get additional FastPasses, over what general ticket holders receive. These last few years, even in off season the parks have been very crowed... even with the continuous price increases to tickets, resorts stays and then parking. Just waiting on an end to Annual Passes...

If the location is where is being guessed, it will demand a premium as far as house rentals even without the amenities. Even if they only add transportation to TTC, I can see it at levels 20 to 50% more than Winsor Hills rentals.

With the proximity and size they could offer higher frequency busses to TTC than Disney does from the onsite resorts to the parks, though the internal loop would be a downside (like SSR)

Yeah the transportation could be an issue. If it is a lot of houses ilke it sounds like it is how far will you have to walk to get to transportation will definitely be a question.

Yeah the transportation could be an issue. If it is a lot of houses ilke it sounds like it is how far will you have to walk to get to transportation will definitely be a question.
Yes assuming they have this system, houses near bus stops will bring a premium

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter