$1.99 to the pound!

janeyb

Mouseketeer
Just checked the exchange rate and seen that it's $1.9914 US dollars to the pound!

That's me off to buy my dollars for our September trip!

Great!! We're off in 4 weeks so hopefully the rate will stay as good.

This sounds like it's more than likely to be the business rate rather than the tourist rate, which is 7-8 cents less on average.

Hold Fire-predictions are it will go above 2$ (business rate-Tourist rate normally lower as already mentioned). If it does I'm getting mine for Aug!

It has traded over $2 on the foreign exchange markets already this morning after the rise in infaltion. The downside is that UK rates are forecast to rise by at least another 0.50% this year.

Hi All

Just text the good lady about this, we go in July and were going to take a couple of grand (£) so I think we will go and get at least a grand which should get us almost 2 in Mickey Money!

Roll on July

woo hoo!

Steve

any figure above 1.90 is a great rate, a few cents does't make a huge difference. I got 1.94 last week.

Currently trading at just over $2 so watch it , it may go higher!!!!!!:thumbsup2

They are predicting it will go higher - might give it a few days and get ours in the next week or so.

wooooo hooooo - just got a rate thro my company and they are giving 2.1191 so i'll DEFINATELY be ordering mine today:cool1:

I have been told through a reputable source that the market is predicting the usd will start to fall in the 2nd quarter of the year. But hey, you can never tell eh!

Just got mine from our local thomson branch at 1.922. It was the best around....... I was reading on btinternet that in a years time they predict it will be trading at $2.10 to the pound!!! Good for us tourists, bad for business!!

wooooo hooooo - just got a rate thro my company and they are giving 2.1191 so i'll DEFINATELY be ordering mine today:cool1:

Are you sure you don't work for a Canadian company offering Canadian dollars?
I cannot understand why a company would sell employees US dollars and make at least a 5% loss on every transaction.

ford family

Are you sure you don't work for a Canadian company offering Canadian dollars?
I cannot understand why a company would sell employees US dollars and make at least a 5% loss on every transaction.

ford family

Nope - i work for an insurance company - the people i'm getting the currency from is amex. Its a huge bottomless credit limit the company has so i guess if they lose here they gain elsewhere....

.... and i dont care if they lose as long as i'm getting a good rate :goodvibes

I think I'm gonna buy some USD anyway - even though I haven't book our next trip yet. Cash doesn't go off - it doesn't have a "use by" date!:lmao:

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter