•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

I post the new Pre-Arrival MagicBands daily over on the Shopping Thread (when they are available), and unfortunately, the WL band has not been on. If it comes back on, I’ll be sure to post it on the above mentioned thread!
Wow, what a thread! Do you happen to have a page that I could follow just for magic bands? If not, no worries.

Thanks for putting in all of that hard work!

Hey Everyone, New CCV owners here, have our first visit next week and just thought of a few last minute questions:

1. My 2 youngest are 2 and 4 and use puddle jumpers at home for the pool, was wondering what the life jacket situation is for the pools at Wilderness Lodge. Last time we were there (2019) the life jackets were a little big/cumbersome for my at that time 2 year old. Was considering just buying puddle jumpers to be delivered and keep them in an owners box since we plan on visiting twice a year the next several years and have plenty of resort/rest days or should we just go with the resort life jackets? My youngest will want to be in the pool with my older kids vs being at the splash pad exclusively.

2. Carrying food/drinks back from Roaring Fork back to room. I'll most likely be the one to go get orders and bring back to the room, since we are traveling with a large family, I'll be carrying a lot lol. Does Roaring fork provide drink carriers? or should I grab and bring a reusable one to make it easier?

Thank you for any input!

Hey Everyone, New CCV owners here, have our first visit next week and just thought of a few last minute questions:

1. My 2 youngest are 2 and 4 and use puddle jumpers at home for the pool, was wondering what the life jacket situation is for the pools at Wilderness Lodge. Last time we were there (2019) the life jackets were a little big/cumbersome for my at that time 2 year old. Was considering just buying puddle jumpers to be delivered and keep them in an owners box since we plan on visiting twice a year the next several years and have plenty of resort/rest days or should we just go with the resort life jackets? My youngest will want to be in the pool with my older kids vs being at the splash pad exclusively.

2. Carrying food/drinks back from Roaring Fork back to room. I'll most likely be the one to go get orders and bring back to the room, since we are traveling with a large family, I'll be carrying a lot lol. Does Roaring fork provide drink carriers? or should I grab and bring a reusable one to make it easier?

Thank you for any input!

1. Yes you can bring puddle jumpers. I agree, the on site life jackets may be big for a 2 year old. My son was 3 before I felt like the smallest size fit him well. If you’re wanting to save money, your older child would probably fit in the Disney ones well, then you would just have to buy one for your younger child. My kids grew out of puddle jumpers somewhere around age 5 or 6.

2. You can absolutely bring RF back up to your room. If you tell them it’s to go, they’ll even bag it up for you. I really want to say that they provided drink carriers too, especially after Covid restrictions started. It was to go only for a long time.

Thank you for any input!
What is a drink carrier? If it’s the cardboard thing that holds 4 drinks, then yes, they were providing them this morning.

Try and get a fixed week direct if they are available.
I thought about that but I’m not sure the increased price over resale is worth it. Especially since every five years my time off will be wonky. Every five years, including this year, my Christmas vacation starts on a Thursday and ends on a Wednesday two weeks later. Every other year it starts on a Saturday. So 4 years week 51 will work and then every five years week 52 works.

We are going to stay at AKL this Christmas. After this Christmas we will decide between WL and AKL. Looking at buying 400-600 points.

Last edited:
Help, I'm so confused!

I'm searching for the cabin #s of rooms that have good fireworks views from the porch. I've searched this thread, the forum, & other websites & have found info that seems to be conflicting so now I'm just not sure what I'm looking at. I've seen some people say that the lower #s (in blue below) have good fireworks views, & I've seen others say the highest #s (in purple). Given the island in the middle & the direction the cabins face, it just doesn't seem correct that both extremes can see it? Please help me understand! Thanks
1655942560450.png

Help, I'm so confused!

I'm searching for the cabin #s of rooms that have good fireworks views from the porch. I've searched this thread, the forum, & other websites & have found info that seems to be conflicting so now I'm just not sure what I'm looking at. I've seen some people say that the lower #s (in blue below) have good fireworks views, & I've seen others say the highest #s (in purple). Given the island in the middle & the direction the cabins face, it just doesn't seem correct that both extremes can see it? Please help me understand! Thanks
View attachment 678610
I stayed in 8008 and it had a view of the castle from the porch. I would highly recommend it if you want to see fireworks.F6FC0492-D2F9-4E20-8F96-AF0D3C0F8DD4.jpeg

Thank you for any input!
There have been multiple times this trip where they have run out of life jackets and my 4 year old had to wait an hour or so for a life jacket to become available. She played in the splash pad while we waited, so it wasn’t that big of a deal, but I would have definitely brought ours from home had I known they’d all be gone.

44A15BCE-9453-4424-86C0-C8138B5741A2.jpeg

Good morning from the Lodge! It’s been a great trip but it’s time to pack up and drive home.

There are a few maintenance issues (lobby spring and Copper Creek water fall not working, broken automatic doors) that hopefully be resolved by our December stay.

Edit. Yesterday one of the elevators sounded horrible clanking metal. Today it is down. Maintenance issues isn’t exclusive to the Lodge, it was pretty much a theme of the whole trip.

Last edited:
View attachment 678937

Good morning from the Lodge! It’s been a great trip but it’s time to pack up and drive home.

There are a few maintenance issues (lobby spring and Copper Creek water fall not working, broken automatic doors) that hopefully be resolved by our December stay.
BEAUTIFUL picture 😍 Happy you had a good time!!

A few random thoughts from our stay.

The bus to Epcot sucks. It makes a stop at ft. Wilderness to pick up people and took seemingly forever to get there.

The roll put couch was pretty comfortable. The kids were arguing who was going to get to sleep with mom, so we had both of them in the queen with her. I got great sleep.

I have never been more rushed during a meal than I was at Artist Point.

Geyser Point was excellent as always.

Every CM was great.

And finally, I brought home a case of the Covid as a souvenir. Sucks, but it is what it is.

Do you know if they were the same size or were they larger than the old ones? Also, I wonder what they do with the old TVs.
The only equipment I say looked like router boxes, which leads me to believe that they will be hooked up to the existing TVs to provide more functionality. Alternatively, the TVs that were to be installed were not in the hallway as I was leaving.

I asked the guy what kind of equipment they were installing and he said “TVs.” I then asked if they would have streaming capability and he said “Yup.”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter