•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Thank you for posting these! Is the 3rd picture from your studio? If so, what studio room number was that?
The 4th was from our studio, the 3rd was from a little balcony accessible on the 5th floor, right in the middle.

Studio was 2119, it was a corner room so we didn’t have neighbors to one side and we’re right by a door that lead outside towards the pool. I quite liked the location.

Looking forward to saying here in a few weeks. This will be our first stay here, as we keep trying different resorts to experience as many as we can. This will be our first trip with NO KIDS. Our son just graduated HS and will off to basic training starting 8/29/21.... we arrive 9/2/21. Meeting some friends there so it'll be adults only for the first time in 18 years!!

Any tips or tricks anyone wants to share? We're doing a 2 bedroom, if that matters.

Definitely recommend Geyser Point for the bison burger and Whispering Canyon Cafe for the skillet. If you get a chance to go to Ft Wilderness, P & Js has some good BBQ.

Be prepared to become a DVC owner at CCV after you return home. I returned from my Dec 2020 and became an owner in Jan 2021. Love it! Haha

Looking forward to saying here in a few weeks. This will be our first stay here, as we keep trying different resorts to experience as many as we can. This will be our first trip with NO KIDS. Our son just graduated HS and will off to basic training starting 8/29/21.... we arrive 9/2/21. Meeting some friends there so it'll be adults only for the first time in 18 years!!

Any tips or tricks anyone wants to share? We're doing a 2 bedroom, if that matters.
The Boulder ridge pool is much quieter most of the time, less kids, easier to get a chair!

If you get a chance to go to Ft Wilderness, P & Js has some good BBQ.
Yes. Plus Ft. Wilderness is a good time in general!

I was bummed on my last trip that the walking trail between the Lodge and the Fort is closed for (mostly stalled) construction on Reflections since the resort launch loop isn't running. We had a great time, but then had to take two boats (to MK and then to WL) to get back.

Hopefully Hoop-de-doo and Artist's Point will reopen soon, at which point they'll surely bring back the resort launch loop, but I'd really love to be able to walk/run between them.

Definitely recommend Geyser Point for the bison burger and Whispering Canyon Cafe for the skillet. If you get a chance to go to Ft Wilderness, P & Js has some good BBQ.

Be prepared to become a DVC owner at CCV after you return home. I returned from my Dec 2020 and became an owner in Jan 2021. Love it! Haha

To the bolded..... no offense but I hope not! We already own at Grand Floridian (our first purchase) and just bought at Riviera! We're using those points to stay here :rotfl:

We're doing a split stay at BC & CC this year.

I'm reading over at the BC forum that because of CM understaffing a lot of rooms for BC check-ins are late. IE: people who thought they'd check in at around 3-4pm aren't getting their rooms until closer to 6. (Sometimes people get upset.. but PLEASE don't ever take it out on the CM's)

Anyone seeing any problems like this at WL/CC? (IE: CM understaffing causing late room check ins)

Quick update, checking in this morning, just got my room at 8:34 am.:thumbsup2

Please thank your son for his service.

Our CCV thread has been pretty quiet lately! How's everyone doing? We just made our ADR's for our late Oct trip a few days ago. We got mostly want we wanted but I'm using the TP reservation finder to improve a couple of times.

I'm also trying to figure out the best way to do a room request. After seeing those photos of 6113 from GrandCalifornian, I would love to request that room, but I don't want to be on the 6th floor if it is a different room, I'd rather be in 5113 or another room on 5th or 4th floor because we want an open balcony. Trying to decide best method to do (MS vs TP) and what exactly to put in the room request section if I do TP.

Looking forward to taking the boat to MK, eating at Whispering Canyon and Geyser Point, and just taking in the whole atmosphere of the Lodge. I haven't stayed at the Lodge since 2008 so I'm very much looking forward to this!

Last edited:
Our CCV thread has been pretty quiet lately! How's everyone doing? We just made our ADR's for our late Oct trip a few days ago. We got mostly want we wanted but I'm using the TP reservation finder to improve a couple of times.

I'm also trying to figure out the best way to do a room request. After seeing those photos of 6113 from GrandCalifornian, I would love to request that room, but I don't want to be on the 6th floor if it is a different room, I'd rather be in 5113 or another room on 5th or 4th floor because we want an open balcony. Trying to decide best method to do (MS vs TP) and what exactly to put in the room request section if I do TP.

Looking forward to taking the boat to MK, eating at Whispering Canyon and Geyser Point, and just taking in the whole atmosphere of the Lodge. I haven't stayed at the Lodge since 2008 so I'm very much looking forward to this!

All is good here!! Had such a great trip in July! I missed The Lodge so much , it was great to be back!! Still not the same without the tree, though!! I hope you have a great trip!! It will be here before you know if!

Does anyone know the square footage of the "alternate studios" @ CC? I can find the s.f. for the regular studios but not those. Thank you for any info!

Attempted the search, but maybe I'm not using the best keywords. Can any of you CCV friends tell me when I'm booking for Christmas 2022, do I need to do anything special to get the room?

What I mean to say is, I know it is super popular for the DVC owners, etc, and I'm wondering if I actually wait till my 11-month mark, will I still "get" the reservation OR do people "walk reservations" from far out to secure Christmas?

This would be a Studio - don't care which type. TIA

Attempted the search, but maybe I'm not using the best keywords. Can any of you CCV friends tell me when I'm booking for Christmas 2022, do I need to do anything special to get the room?

What I mean to say is, I know it is super popular for the DVC owners, etc, and I'm wondering if I actually wait till my 11-month mark, will I still "get" the reservation OR do people "walk reservations" from far out to secure Christmas?

This would be a Studio - don't care which type. TIA
Yes, owners walk Christmas reservations, especially for CCV studios. They’re one of the hardest DVC reservations to get. Sorry!

Yes, owners walk Christmas reservations, especially for CCV studios. They’re one of the hardest DVC reservations to get. Sorry!

I always thought it was frowned upon, but I guess ya gotta do what ya gotta do! Stinks :-(

I always thought it was frowned upon, but I guess ya gotta do what ya gotta do! Stinks :-(
It is frowned upon by many on these boards and elsewhere on social media - but is also suggested to owners by DVC MS CMs at times! It's within DVC rules and regulations, even though it stinks.

Hey Fellow Owners and Lovers!
I am getting into serious planning mode for our 11 night stay over Christmas. If anyone has been there recently, did the CMs give any chatter about Storybook Dining opening up soon as a full experience? I would love to try to book that for our stay. Or any word if the salon will reopen?

Thanks in advance!

Hey Fellow Owners and Lovers!
I am getting into serious planning mode for our 11 night stay over Christmas. If anyone has been there recently, did the CMs give any chatter about Storybook Dining opening up soon as a full experience? I would love to try to book that for our stay. Or any word if the salon will reopen?

Thanks in advance!

I was just there 9/10 - 9/17. The vibe I got from most cast members is everything should be open post 10/1 if its going to open. Seems like they are holding out until then to open everything. If it doesnt open post 10/1 its probably gone forever or becoming something else. Our server at Cali Grill said the same thing about the brunch its returning post 10/1

Just returned from a stay 9/10 - 9/17 and happened to see a bike rack on the way to the busses with bikes parked there. The wife and I love to bike and would consider brining our bikes on future stays. Has anyone brought a bike to CC? If yes were did you ride to? In the past you could go over to FT Wilderness but I dont think that is an option anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter