•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Looking at Copper Creek for a Deluxe Studio in june months. It would be our home resort, how is booking for a Deluxe Studio at 11 months for june looking? Anything I should be aware of?
I found that during the summer studios were available most of the day (and sometimes for a couple days) post the 11 month window. DVC in general just isn't popular in the summer because of the higher point charts and possibly weather. With that being said though DVC is showing the desire to finally move around the seasonal point charts so summer will continue to get cheaper probably and could shift demand.

I don't know the exact numbers, but yes what you are saying is correct. Hypothetically, 95% are owned by owners and can be booked by owners on the DVC site, and 5% are owned by either Disney or DVC and can be booked for cash rates by anyone (I made those numbers up, one of the more knowledgable posters would have to verify the exact percentages).
DVC maintains a minimum of 2% ownership in each unit (they have not really gone above this requirement at any resort as far as I can tell) as a requirement to have the voting rights of that unit signed over to them (something done with each direct contract sold). So they "own" 2% of the resort and then have unsold inventory they don't own but are allowed to "rent" out on the CRO just as what they own. I only highlight the difference between the two pools because the 2% they declare as owning they pay dues on and the unsold inventory they do not (usually this is a small percentage) because they guarantee to make up any shortages in the dues.

DVC maintains a minimum of 2% ownership in each unit (they have not really gone above this requirement at any resort as far as I can tell) as a requirement to have the voting rights of that unit signed over to them (something done with each direct contract sold). So they "own" 2% of the resort and then have unsold inventory they don't own but are allowed to "rent" out on the CRO just as what they own. I only highlight the difference between the two pools because the 2% they declare as owning they pay dues on and the unsold inventory they do not (usually this is a small percentage) because they guarantee to make up any shortages in the dues.

Thanks for that information...i've often wondered what the true numbers were.

Do you guys think the craziness in December booking will let up a bit for the 3rd week of December? I'm planning to book December 18-20, 2br, but as noted earlier, studio, 1br, and 2br have all been booked by 8:01am for the past few days....

You should be fine at 11 months...from what I've seen they might linger around for a week after the 11-month window, but I'd always be prepared if you want a studio to book exactly at 11-months at 8AM.
Great thanks :) We were originally looking at Bay Lake tower until I realized Copper Creeks Expiration Date is 2068, 8 years longer than BLT!

This Makes Sense to everyone right?

Wife is 29 and I am 30. We have gone to Disney World 5 straight years and love it and have really no desire to travel anywhere else. We started looking into DVC more after our last trip and we think we are ready to do it. We are looking to start off buying 100-125 points to stay in June every year. Wife is a teacher so we are pretty much locked in to June july or the occasional Thanksgiving break trip. Deluxe Studio rooms.

So we narrowed it down to

100-125 points via Resale for Copper Creek
100 Points Direct at Riviera
160 Points via Resale for AKV

We liked Bay Lake Tower a lot but CCV seem like a much better Value with the expiration date being 2068 vs 2060 and we like the theming more at the WL and CCV anyway. Riviera Direct would seem to make sense if we wanted direct points for the member benefits but it seems like their Deluxe Studios require more points in June and July than other resorts and I fear they will only get higher in the future. AKV is a great Value choice via resale, we do like the theming but enjoy WL and CCV more.

We are looking to spend under $20,000 and pay in cash.

What use year would everyone recommend if we wanted to always go in june, july and possibly over thanksgiving break maybe? (althought it might make more sense to just pay for a Value Resort over thanksgiving break)

I'm thinking CCV makes the most sense at 155 a point via resale for 100 points vs Direct Riviera at 188 a point for 100 points.

Capacity doesn’t meet demand—fine. But DVC has an ethical if not legal obligation to disclose what to expect with regard to actually being able to use your points. “December is busy” is not the same as “You’ll need to book right at 8am or by 8:05 forget it and wait to see if you can get into SSR or OKW at 7 months.” This is like trying to get Hamilton tickets online—except that you’ve already paid for your ticket and they won’t give you a seat.
I do understand your distaste at this moment, and I agree Disney is reluctant to share the "real" hard news and facts about DVC ownership, in this case the studio situation at CCV. That being said, that's pretty much how most major corporations do business--they may not lie outright, but they don't identify warts, either. As has been the case for eons, caveat emptor. Now, Disney built their foundation on a very high standard of customer service, and that has slipped precariously close to "industry standards" now; in fact, they often use that term in defending their decisions about services, resorts, et. al.

As for the studio situation at CCV, in particular, DVC touted the cabins as a cachet to buy into the new Copper Creek. What they didn't stress is that most people who bought/buy points there will not be able to afford more than a night or two in the cabins, and once the pixie dust settles, the buyer realizes that and attempts to use his/her points in the most economical way--studios. The studio situation there will likely never improve due to that reason alone. As you continue to get used to DVC, I think you'll see ways to maximize your points, to find ways to make the points work for you, which might involve walking. I wish you the best in going forward with your trips and hope you'll get many years of wonderful memories from your DVC purchase. In the end, though, Disney is a mega-corporation whose loyalties lie with major shareholders, not with some ethical commitment to patrons and guests.
What does walking mean?
In short, DVC owners book a date for a room that is prior to their actual travel time. They then go in each day and reset that date to one day closer to their actu

Wife is 29 and I am 30. We have gone to Disney World 5 straight years and love it and have really no desire to travel anywhere else. We started looking into DVC more after our last trip and we think we are ready to do it. We are looking to start off buying 100-125 points to stay in June every year. Wife is a teacher so we are pretty much locked in to June july or the occasional Thanksgiving break trip. Deluxe Studio rooms.

We liked Bay Lake Tower a lot but CCV seem like a much better Value with the expiration date being 2068 vs 2060 and we like the theming more at the WL and CCV anyway. Riviera Direct would seem to make sense if we wanted direct points for the member benefits but it seems like their Deluxe Studios require more points in June and July than other resorts and I fear they will only get higher in the future. AKV is a great Value choice via resale, we do like the theming but enjoy WL and CCV more.

What use year would everyone recommend if we wanted to always go in june, july and possibly over thanksgiving break maybe? (althought it might make more sense to just pay for a Value Resort over thanksgiving break)

I'm thinking CCV makes the most sense at 155 a point via resale for 100 points vs Direct Riviera at 188 a point for 100 points.
I would not do Riviera. It's new and no one knows how the new restrictions for resale of that property will hurt them down the road. Plus, who knows how the location or theming will play out? It seems nice (we toured), and we liked the Skyliner; however, the furnishings aren't any better than other resorts (just newer), and the services/food there didn't wow us. If you don't like the theming of a place--say BLT--by all means don't buy there. Buy where you want to stay. It's a mantra on many threads, and while some disagree, it's mostly regarded as true. With CCV, it's trickier due to the studio issue discussed above, but if that's the resort you love, I'd buy there. My second choice would be AKV--beautiful resort, better restaurants than WL (in a landslide), cheaper cost, and lots of rooms. Good luck!

Last edited:

Finally hit single digits in days until copper creek visit! Going to be a long week of work next week. It will be our first stay in January, do you think pool time is realistic? Or is it too cold? I’m coming from cold.

Our family stayed last January....the evening temps were in the 40’s....yep, we went swimming In the quiet pool when we stayed at the Beach club. The pool attendant was in a winter coat and thought we were crazy....well, we are from Minnesota soooooo...any hoo - as long as we stayed in the pool we were fine! 🤪🤪🤪☺️

Are you planning on buying where you want to stay every trip? Or are you buying with an intention of ‘sleeping around’ at other resorts?

We have October UY for November/Dec. trips and April for summer.

We also wanted contracts that had the longer duration. We’d love for them to go to our kids someday, so we’d like them to be able to get some use out of them as well!!

Last edited:
I do understand your distaste at this moment, and I agree Disney is reluctant to share the "real" hard news and facts about DVC ownership, in this case the studio situation at CCV. That being said, that's pretty much how most major corporations do business--they may not lie outright, but they don't identify warts, either. As has been the case for eons, caveat emptor. Now, Disney built their foundation on a very high standard of customer service, and that has slipped precariously close to "industry standards" now; in fact, they often use that term in defending their decisions about services, resorts, et. al.

As for the studio situation at CCV, in particular, DVC touted the cabins as a cachet to buy into the new Copper Creek. What they didn't stress is that most people who bought/buy points there will not be able to afford more than a night or two in the cabins, and once the pixie dust settles, the buyer realizes that and attempts to use his/her points in the most economical way--studios. The studio situation there will likely never improve due to that reason alone. As you continue to get used to DVC, I think you'll see ways to maximize your points, to find ways to make the points work for you, which might involve walking. I wish you the best in going forward with your trips and hope you'll get many years of wonderful memories from your DVC purchase. In the end, though, Disney is a mega-corporation whose loyalties lie with major shareholders, not with some ethical commitment to patrons and guests.
In short, DVC owners book a date for a room that is prior to their actual travel time. They then go in each day and reset that date to one day closer to their actu
I would not do Riviera. It's new and no one knows how the new restrictions for resale of that property will hurt them down the road. Plus, who knows how the location or theming will play out? It seems nice (we toured), and we liked the Skyliner; however, the furnishings aren't any better than other resorts (just newer), and the services/food there didn't wow us. If you don't like the theming of a place--say BLT--by all means don't buy there. Buy where you want to stay. It's a mantra on many threads, and while some disagree, it's mostly regarded as true. With CCV, it's trickier due to the studio issue discussed above, but if that's the resort you love, I'd buy there. My second choice would be AKV--beautiful resort, better restaurants than WL (in a landslide), cheaper cost, and lots of rooms. Good luck!

Thanks for ur thoughts. Riviera is probably not as likely now as a June deluxe studio seems to be higher in points than other DVC resorts. Is the studio situation that bad in june? what I said about BLTs theming is that its not our favorite is out weighed by the monorail and proximity to the Magic Kingdom I suppose.

Are you planning on buying where you want to stay every trip? Or are you buying with an intention of ‘sleeping around’ at other resorts?

We have October UY for November/Dec. trips and April for summer.

We also wanted contracts that had the longer duration. We’d love for them to go to our kids someday, so we’d like them to be able to get some use out of them as well!!
Wed like to stay at other resorts in addition to Copper creek. We also like BWV, BCV, BLT, BRV, AKV, SSR. Wed like to occasionally stay at CCV also.

Thanks for ur thoughts. Riviera is probably not as likely now as a June deluxe studio seems to be higher in points than other DVC resorts. Is the studio situation that bad in june? what I said about BLTs theming is that its not our favorite is out weighed by the monorail and proximity to the Magic Kingdom I suppose.
If it were me, I'd sit down and talk over what life might be like the next 20-30 years. Yeah, that's a difficult task because we simply don't know. Still, DVC is a long-term financial commitment that doesn't go away unless you sell it. Kids? Travel habits? Retirement? All of those things (and more) will affect your thinking and how you visit in the future. What works now may not work in 10 years. How important is theming to you? How important is length of contract? For example, you mentioned contracts expiring in 2060 vs 2068. Is eight years (when ostensibly you'd be 70 vice 78) really that important? In the end, what you need to do is decide the cost value formula that works for you. I don't know what that criteria is for you. I will say that BLT is a fine resort, and despite the knock it gets from some about theming, we find it modern (mostly), very convenient to MK, on the monorail line, and host to a couple of good restaurants. It will also remain popular due to its proximity to MK. Is that worth giving up a few years on a contract for you? Do you even like the resort?

As I said before, one of the basic mantras that's promoted on many threads is "buy where you want to stay." If you are absolutely in love with a resort, no matter the cost, you will likely be happy there, especially when you can't find any other place to stay at 7 months. If you are only mildly liking a resort, chances are you won't enjoy it down the road and will find reasons to dislike it. I once was stationed with a fellow officer who had been a car salesman before entering the Air Force. He told me something I've never forgotten. He said that the only customers he ever had who were dissatisfied with their car purchases were those who bought the best deal as opposed to the car they really wanted. I approached my DVC purchase the same way. Again, best of luck to you going forward, and I hope you find a property that works for you. . .if one does at all.

If it were me, I'd sit down and talk over what life might be like the next 20-30 years. Yeah, that's a difficult task because we simply don't know. Still, DVC is a long-term financial commitment that doesn't go away unless you sell it. Kids? Travel habits? Retirement? All of those things (and more) will affect your thinking and how you visit in the future. What works now may not work in 10 years. How important is theming to you? How important is length of contract? For example, you mentioned contracts expiring in 2060 vs 2068. Is eight years (when ostensibly you'd be 70 vice 78) really that important? In the end, what you need to do is decide the cost value formula that works for you. I don't know what that criteria is for you. I will say that BLT is a fine resort, and despite the knock it gets from some about theming, we find it modern (mostly), very convenient to MK, on the monorail line, and host to a couple of good restaurants. It will also remain popular due to its proximity to MK. Is that worth giving up a few years on a contract for you? Do you even like the resort?

Oh we like BLT. Like you said, being on the Monorail loop is a huge deal. The Contemporary and BLT is just a different hotel IMO. Its not themed bad at all its just different. But being on the Monorail loop on its own is its best theming quality I think. While its not the Wilderness Lodge or Beach Club, nothing beats the convenience and the nostalgia of the Monorail being in the Lobby. I've gone to Disney World over 14 times since I was a little kid so pretty much anything on Disney Property has disney "theming" to it even if its not WL or BC theming. We are coming from Staying at the Value resorts and Riverside and some moderates from time to time when we can get nice discounts so it won't take much for us to be excited about staying really anywhere on property. The Best Part of DVC imo is staying around, we are excited to try anything really, from OKW to SSR, to BWV. We honestly like them all. The thing that made me worried about CCV is some said getting Deluxe Studios can be hard since most don't want to stay at the Cabins so that made me think, maybe Buying Direct for RIV is a smart choice while its $188 a point. The savings on a Gold Pass is a nice chunk over the Platinum Pass we have bought. This is our second time buying a platinum pass. We usually try to get 2 or more trips out of them for a total of 26 days, a 12 day trip here or 12 day trip next summer then a holiday trip for like 6 nights. So saving $420 a person might be substantial. We are honestly Disney World Lifers now so we plan on going year after year and to take our kids once we have them.
We even talked about going to Disney when my wife is pregnant and just going around and walking to all the resorts and Disney Springs for a week since she will be limited with Rides.

My thought was if I'm buying Direct RIV at $188 a point for 100 points makes the most sense, long expiration date(2070) and we would get the Member Benefits. Then if we need more points we will buy resale at AKV or BLT or CCV. We like all 3 of those. We also really like the proximity of Disney Springs of Saratoga so if we stay there its a great choice also. Plus having 100 points at RIV also gives us the option of staying at Reflections possibly down the road or any new DVC resorts that come. Aside from it all, my parents just turned 60 and they still going yearly to Disney World with us so its not out of the this world that in 30 years that We wouldn't also. Plus there's some value to being able to hand down our DVC to our kids one day if we become too old for it also or possibly selling it at the end also. So we are really buying for the long term, not to sell anytime soon at all. We fully plan on keeping our DVC for at least 30 years maybe longer.

Oh we like BLT. Like you said, being on the Monorail loop is a huge deal. The Contemporary and BLT is just a different hotel IMO. Its not themed bad at all its just different. But being on the Monorail loop on its own is its best theming quality I think. While its not the Wilderness Lodge or Beach Club, nothing beats the convenience and the nostalgia of the Monorail being in the Lobby. I've gone to Disney World over 14 times since I was a little kid so pretty much anything on Disney Property has disney "theming" to it even if its not WL or BC theming. We are coming from Staying at the Value resorts and Riverside and some moderates from time to time when we can get nice discounts so it won't take much for us to be excited about staying really anywhere on property. The Best Part of DVC imo is staying around, we are excited to try anything really, from OKW to SSR, to BWV. We honestly like them all. The thing that made me worried about CCV is some said getting Deluxe Studios can be hard since most don't want to stay at the Cabins so that made me think, maybe Buying Direct for RIV is a smart choice while its $188 a point. The savings on a Gold Pass is a nice chunk over the Platinum Pass we have bought. This is our second time buying a platinum pass. We usually try to get 2 or more trips out of them for a total of 26 days, a 12 day trip here or 12 day trip next summer then a holiday trip for like 6 nights. So saving $420 a person might be substantial. We are honestly Disney World Lifers now so we plan on going year after year and to take our kids once we have them.
We even talked about going to Disney when my wife is pregnant and just going around and walking to all the resorts and Disney Springs for a week since she will be limited with Rides.

My thought was if I'm buying Direct RIV at $188 a point for 100 points makes the most sense, long expiration date(2070) and we would get the Member Benefits. Then if we need more points we will buy resale at AKV or BLT or CCV. We like all 3 of those. We also really like the proximity of Disney Springs of Saratoga so if we stay there its a great choice also. Plus having 100 points at RIV also gives us the option of staying at Reflections possibly down the road or any new DVC resorts that come. Aside from it all, my parents just turned 60 and they still going yearly to Disney World with us so its not out of the this world that in 30 years that We wouldn't also. Plus there's some value to being able to hand down our DVC to our kids one day if we become too old for it also or possibly selling it at the end also. So we are really buying for the long term, not to sell anytime soon at all. We fully plan on keeping our DVC for at least 30 years maybe longer.
Reading between the lines, it seems you actually know what you wish to do, and certainly your thought process has considered the variables between going resale at an older resort and direct at RR. Many have suggested, and I agree, that buying a smaller contract first then potentially adding on via resale later is a fine option. If you like RR, you're aware the point requirements are higher, and you're comfortable with the resale restrictions (no one ever goes in thinking they will sell but many do), then go for it. I agree that one of the major issues a CCV is they sold so many contracts based on the cabins that those who bought and who are realizing that staying there is mostly a pipe dream are now booking studios, so it's tight to get in.

Wed like to stay at other resorts in addition to Copper creek. We also like BWV, BCV, BLT, BRV, AKV, SSR. Wed like to occasionally stay at CCV also.

So... my suggestion was going to be to buy SAP’s. (Sleep Around Points) The reason why I am suggesting this, is because you do not have one resort that you feel like you HAVE to stay at every trip. And since you are considering resale anyway, I was going to suggest buying in at Saratoga Springs. The reason being, is that you can get about 200 points for the same price that you will be paying to buy direct at Riviera for only 100 points. 100 points will not go far. You WILL want more!! I promise you that!! It’s like an addiction!!! 😆 And you will end up spending more! But that is just my two cents!!!!!

So... my suggestion was going to be to buy SAP’s. (Sleep Around Points) The reason why I am suggesting this, is because you do not have one resort that you feel like you HAVE to stay at every trip. And since you are considering resale anyway, I was going to suggest buying in at Saratoga Springs. The reason being, is that you can get about 200 points for the same price that you will be paying to buy direct at Riviera for only 100 points. 100 points will not go far. You WILL want more!! I promise you that!! It’s like an addiction!!! 😆 And you will end up spending more! But that is just my two cents!!!!!
I've thought of that too lol. Only issue is the shorter expiration date at 2054 for Saratoga. I'm also giving losing the Annual Pass discounts which is nice at $420 a person if we would get Gold Passes. If we bought resale It would be better for us to go to AKV since you gain 3 years also for similar pricing and I could see us potentially staying there more over Saratoga.

I guess it comes down to is the ability to buy a Gold Pass at $700 vs a Platinum AP at $1,120 worth it of a discount? The Gold Pass Isn't just for Florida Residents right? Any DVC Direct Owners can buy it right?

I've thought of that too lol. Only issue is the shorter expiration date at 2054 for Saratoga. I'm also giving losing the Annual Pass discounts which is nice at $420 a person if we would get Gold Passes. If we bought resale It would be better for us to go to AKV since you gain 3 years also for similar pricing and I could see us potentially staying there more over Saratoga.

I guess it comes down to is the ability to buy a Gold Pass at $700 vs a Platinum AP at $1,120 worth it of a discount? The Gold Pass Isn't just for Florida Residents right? Any DVC Direct Owners can buy it right?

I totally get it! We bought direct first, and then the second two were resale. Discounts are great, and yes you must be a direct owner to get those discounts. You will also get discounts at restaurants and for merchandise.

Correct any DVC owner can buy a Gold Pass. Have you considered buying direct at AKV? It is cheaper point wise and absolute price, though with less years but you will get more "nights" with a 100 point contract there then a 100 point contract at Riviera (and those points would be qualified to switch at 7 months to other resorts). However, I don't want to discourage you from buying any resort really its a matter of personal preference in the end. Though if you like AKV you potentially open the possibility up for the Club and Value rooms, though don't count on them just think of them as a bonus really.

Correct any DVC owner can buy a Gold Pass. Have you considered buying direct at AKV? It is cheaper point wise and absolute price, though with less years but you will get more "nights" with a 100 point contract there then a 100 point contract at Riviera (and those points would be qualified to switch at 7 months to other resorts). However, I don't want to discourage you from buying any resort really its a matter of personal preference in the end. Though if you like AKV you potentially open the possibility up for the Club and Value rooms, though don't count on them just think of them as a bonus really.
I looked at AKV direct but its $186 a point so its only $2 cheaper per point buying than RIV at $188. Plus its 2057 vs 2070 expiration date so it wont last as long and if I did sell when I'm 65-70 then it will be worth less then also and would have less time left if we left it to our kids also. That's why I'm mostly only considering RIV direct since its the cheaper than BLT Direct($235 a point) and Copper Creak Direct is $220 a point.

I looked at AKV direct but its $186 a point so its only $2 cheaper per point buying than RIV at $188. Plus its 2057 vs 2070 expiration date so it wont last as long and if I did sell when I'm 65-70 then it will be worth less then also and would have less time left if we left it to our kids also. That's why I'm mostly only considering RIV direct since its the cheaper than BLT Direct($235 a point) and Copper Creak Direct is $220 a point.
I would look at the nightly $ cost of your room. While it appears to be $2 cheaper per point the best way to look at the problem is assign a dollar value to your expected vacation habits. Because AKV has significantly lower point charts its nightly $ cost of your room will be much less. Depending on your travel patters changing at 7 months maybe difficult (wanting studios or 2 bedrooms in the Fall Frenzy, October through January). With all that being said Riviera, IMO, is a beautiful resort and worth the higher point costs but for some it might not be.

Your concern about the end of the contract is valid but I would consider a more cost calculation of the vacations since that really is the utility you get out of the product not the points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter