•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

What is an "alternate studio" and is there any benefit of staying in that versus not?
@lovin'fl answered most of it, but I thought I’d add that these odd shaped rooms came about as the location of the original Deluxe rooms was converted to Villas. Most studios have the same footprint as a regular WL hotel room had, but these have a separate area off of the main room. They are also located in a corner, usually at the bend in the wing (with a x115 room number) but they are also at the far end of the first floor (1166 and 1168). All of these except 1166 are lockoffs, so they could be part of a 2 bedroom with the 1 bedroom next door. Alternate studios are not a separate bookable category, but whether a room has a tub or walk in shower is, so it is helpful to know the bath configuration to attempt to get one of these rooms.

Alternate studios are not a separate bookable category, but whether a room has a tub or walk in shower is, so it is helpful to know the bath configuration to attempt to get one of these rooms.

I had originally booked my June trip in a 2BR L/O with walk-in shower, but after perusing the info in this thread and seeing a video of the alternate studios having a tub I modified my reservation on the off chance of snagging a 2 BR L/O with alternate. We'll see if it pans out.:)

What is an "alternate studio" and is there any benefit of staying in that versus not?

Screen Shot 2019-02-02 at 10.10.18 AM.png

There are only seven of them, six of which are attached to 1BR as a lockoff and the dedicated Alternate studio is located on the first floor at the very end. The others are located where the hallway makes a right hand turn, these rooms were suites so they were larger than the average room at Wilderness Lodge. With the additional space, DVC created these special studios. And since there are so few did not create a booking category for them. The bathrooms all have tubs, so you can only be assigned one if you book a studio with a tub.

2/2/19 12:05 CST Edited to change numbers to 7, corrected by wdrl. The second floor has not been declared so we are unable to confirm that another alternate studio is on that floor. However an educated guess would say there is another 8th alt. studio at the bend in the hallway on the 2nd floor.

Last edited:
View attachment 379914

There are only six of them, five of which are attached to 1BR as a lockoff and the dedicated Alternate studio is located on the first floor at the very end. The others are located where the hallway makes a right hand turn, these rooms were suites so they were larger than the average room at Wilderness Lodge. With the additional space, DVC created these special studios. And since there are so few did not create a booking category for them. The bathrooms all have tubs, so you can only be assigned one if you book a studio with a tub.
Also they are all tubs none are walk in showers I believe. Also two are on the first floor rest contain 1 on each floor. I believe there is actually 8 in total. You can refer to the maps on the first page, should be fairly obvious which ones they are. X115 (floors 2-7) and 1166 and 1168 on the first floor.

View attachment 379914

There are only six of them, five of which are attached to 1BR as a lockoff and the dedicated Alternate studio is located on the first floor at the very end. The others are located where the hallway makes a right hand turn, these rooms were suites so they were larger than the average room at Wilderness Lodge. With the additional space, DVC created these special studios. And since there are so few did not create a booking category for them. The bathrooms all have tubs, so you can only be assigned one if you book a studio with a tub.

Also they are all tubs none are walk in showers I believe. Also two are on the first floor rest contain 1 on each floor. I believe there is actually 8 in total. You can refer to the maps on the first page, should be fairly obvious which ones they are. X115 (floors 2-7) and 1166 and 1168 on the first floor.
So how can you request one? Just by calling DVC and putting a request in for a studio with a tub? I am torn because I really wanted a higher floor. Hm.......would Touring Plans room request be of help for DVC bookings on points?

So how can you request one? Just by calling DVC and putting a request in for a studio with a tub? I am torn because I really wanted a higher floor. Hm.......would Touring Plans room request be of help for DVC bookings on points?
Whether you have a tub or walk in shower is a bookable category, so to try for an alternate studio you would book a tub studio and request one. The problem is that all of the other non-alternate studios with tubs are on the first floor, so it is quite likely you’d get one of those.

FYI: Another declaration has been made for Copper Creek. Ten more vacation homes, all located on the 2nd floor, have been added to the DVC inventory. I'll have details about the declaration early next week on the DVCNews website.
With this declaration we have the final update to the room type locations. There was a change on the second floor, where we had rooms 2110 and 2112 as dedicated, when in fact they are a lockoff while 2122 and 2124 are dedicated rooms, a studio and a 1 bedroom respectively.

The floor plan map has now been updated to reflect this, and I believe it is now complete.

Last edited:

I guess I was only counting declared lockoffs as the 2nd floor one has not been declared so cannot be confirmed. So the total will be eight, 7 lockoff alternate studios and 1 dedicated alternate studio, which is located at the end cap on the first floor. I agree that all will be the tub/shower combo.

Sorry to beat a dead horse but.....I looked at my original booking for our 2 night stay (our first as owners) and it only says Deluxe Studio. No mention of bathroom layouts.

Other than a different configuration in the bathroom area, is anything else laced out different in a handicapped room?

Other than a different configuration in the bathroom area, is anything else laced out different in a handicapped room?

Switches are usually lower. Beds may be lower. Toilets higher. Microwaves on counter instead of above oven or on higher shelf. Openings under sinks that would allow a wheelchair under them. Balconies with doors instead of sliders. Disney has a nasty design habit in the bathroom where there's less or no storage in the older resorts but that's been a little better in the new.

We had a handicapped room that had a roll in shower, it was like the whole room was the shower. I thought water would go everywhere. We switched rooms after one night, this was at VGC.

Switches are usually lower. Beds may be lower. Toilets higher. Microwaves on counter instead of above oven or on higher shelf. Openings under sinks that would allow a wheelchair under them. Balconies with doors instead of sliders. Disney has a nasty design habit in the bathroom where there's less or no storage in the older resorts but that's been a little better in the new.

One other small difference is half-height closet rods. (Which annoys me when we get an accessible unit, as I like to wear full-length sundresses. I know... first world problem!)

Hello everyone! Just wanted to let you know I have updated Page 1 with resort stay dates, room views and February's activity calendar link. If i'm missing anyone, or if you'd like to be added, please send me your information, and i'll be happy to add you! Thank you for your patience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!