•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Just have to say, here is a small example of awesomeness and kindness of the people on these boards....so many others but just wanted to grab a few quotes. Disney is the best.
:welcome:And Congrats!! Happy you found us!! We look forward to planning all our many years of trips together!! I’ll be sure to get you up on Page 1!!

WELCOME HOME!

Thank you everyone for all the sweet congratulations! :love:You guys are the best!

Happy, safe travels!

We are at Wilderness Lodge waiting for our Copper Creek studio to be ready. We were assigned a 6th floor room, but didn't want to have a dormer balcony again, so we were lucky that another room was available. Everything else was taken. Eventually we will be on the fourth floor near the stairs.

Boy do we love hanging out in this lobby. Today it has been fairly quiet. Even Whispering Canyon has been tame, only one Happy Birthday and no Ketchup requests. We ate lunch at Geyser Point. We each had the lump crab cake sandwich. It was delicious. We also shared a Frose´, Rose´ with Tito's Vodka. Glad we shared it as it gave me more of a buzz than expected. Tonight we are at MK.

Just got the room notice. We let you know the room number later.

We are at Wilderness Lodge waiting for our Copper Creek studio to be ready. We were assigned a 6th floor room, but didn't want to have a dormer balcony again, so we were lucky that another room was available. Everything else was taken. Eventually we will be on the fourth floor near the stairs.

Boy do we love hanging out in this lobby. Today it has been fairly quiet. Even Whispering Canyon has been tame, only one Happy Birthday and no Ketchup requests. We ate lunch at Geyser Point. We each had the lump crab cake sandwich. It was delicious. We also shared a Frose´, Rose´ with Tito's Vodka. Glad we shared it as it gave me more of a buzz than expected. Tonight we are at MK.

Just got the room notice. We let you know the room number later.

Have a great trip!!!!!! :flower:Sounds like you’re off to a great start!!! :drinking1

The above is a view to the right and straight ahead we see the rooms that angle towards the courtyard and Artist Point and Roaring Fork’s outdoor dining area as well as the Wilderness lodge courtyard rooms. I tried to take a photo of it and upload it but the DISboards is telling me it is too large of a file. Since the first photo was taken on the same iPad I don’t understand why it won’t accept it.

I’ll take a photo of the room showing the layout of a dedicated studio. Definitely roomier at the table. And try to upload it later.

Want to buy CVV - but have some questions. Thank you in advance.
1. How is the studio availability for the Thanksgiving week at Copper Creek? Thanksgiving is the most likely week that my family can go to WDW so I would like to know the availability before I pull the trigger.
2. The studio is among the smallest in DVC and I am wondering if it is big enough for my family of 4 (2 young kids now age 3 and 8)
3. Since there is no monorail there, do you think the bus and boat system are good and efficient enough for getting to Magic Kingdom and other parks. Or, I will need to rent a car if stay at CCV?

Thanks a lot,

1. How is the studio availability for the Thanksgiving week at Copper Creek? Thanksgiving is the most likely week that my family can go to WDW so I would like to know the availability before I pull the trigger.
2. The studio is among the smallest in DVC and I am wondering if it is big enough for my family of 4 (2 young kids now age 3 and 8)
3. Since there is no monorail there, do you think the bus and boat system are good and efficient enough for getting to Magic Kingdom and other parks. Or, I will need to rent a car if stay at CCV?

Thanks a lot,

As for availability, so far things have been great with the 11 month window, even peak times. This is a big reason to have CCV as your home resort, because at peak times rooms will fill up as they open to all DVC members. Studios seem to do fairly well, but ones with bath tubs rather than walk in showers often seem to sell out first.

As far as size goes, I would recommend trying it first before you commit. With DVC you aren’t locked into a room size, so you could buy more points or go less often and do a 1 bedroom, but who wants less Disney? The studios are the same size as the regular WL hotel rooms, but one of the beds is a pullout couch.

Finally we absolutely love WL for its location and amenities. We like having multiple transportation options and being so close to MK while feeling like we are in a much more secluded location. Bay Lake is beautiful, and we love seeing it every morning. We never rent a car and do fine with the transportation, but as with any Disney resort your luck with the buses on any given trip may vary.

Good luck with your decision!

Last edited:
Beautiful view! Would it be ok if I linked it to Page 1 Room Views?

Definitely, please do. I should have said it was okay to do so in my post. You can always assume my photos of CCV views can be added to the front page.

Dedicated studio 4121. The above is a view to the right and straight ahead we see the rooms that angle towards the courtyard and Artist Point and Roaring Fork’s outdoor dining area as well as the Wilderness lodge courtyard rooms. I tried to take a photo of it and upload it but the DISboards is telling me it is too large of a file. Since the first photo was taken on the same iPad I don’t understand why it won’t accept it.

I’ll take a photo of the room showing the layout of a dedicated studio. Definitely roomier at the table. And try to upload it later.

Nice view, nice location. Please tell us about your room!

Here are the photos I promised. This dedicated studio is great and definitely more roomy on the TV side of the living room, since there is no connecting door.

View to left and forward.
DSC_8489.jpg
View to the left - not a lot of privacy from the balcony window despite being on the fourth floor.
DSC_8493.jpg
Dedicated Studio - note that the table and chairs are placed where normally there would be a connecting 1 bedroom.
DSC_8494.jpg
There is even space by the recycle can, we placed a file box we carry with us when driving behind the recycle can and there is still plenty of space.
DSC_8496.jpg

Last edited:
Note: here is some photo of the lockoff CCV studio, 6122 we had in November. It doesn't show the connecting door which was on the other side of the TV and dresser. But notice that there is no bench with drawer in the lockoff studio. So the dedicated has so much room that they added a bench plus there is more room around the table and chairs.

IMG_3838.jpg

Last edited:
Definitely, please do. I should have said it was okay to do so in my post. You can always assume my photos of CCV views can be added to the front page.

Thank you very much. I appreciate it! Love your pictures!! Hope you're having a great time!

Nice. What do you think of the quality of the furnishings? The CC studios are a little smaller than other DVC studios. Did you notice that? How far was your room from the lobby?

Note: here is some photo of the lockoff CCV studio, 4121 we had in November. It doesn't show the connecting door which was on the other side of the TV and dresser. But notice that there is no bench with drawer in the lockoff studio. So the dedicated has so much room that they added a bench plus there is more room around the table and chairs.

Denise...I like the room view and the pictures of your studio. Great comparison photos between the dedicated and the lock off. Dedicated certainly offers up some more surface/storage space and opens up the arrangement. We appreciate you taking the time to share the pix as well as the comments on your villa. Enjoy your stay! :)

Here are the photos I promised. This dedicated studio is great and definitely more roomy on the TV side of the living room, since there is no connecting door.

View to left and forward.
View attachment 305942
View to the left - not a lot of privacy from the balcony window despite being on the fourth floor.
View attachment 305943
Dedicated Studio - note that the table and chairs are placed where normally there would be a connecting 1 bedroom.
View attachment 305944
There is even space by the recycle can, we placed a file box we carry with us when driving behind the recycle can and there is still plenty of space.
View attachment 305945
Thanks for the photos...Hopefully Ill get something in that location, for I had asked for a middle floor facing pool and closer to lobby.
If we do get the dedicated, that lil bench would be perfect to put a suitcase on, and live out of that..:thumbsup2

Nice. What do you think of the quality of the furnishings? The CC studios are a little smaller than other DVC studios. Did you notice that? How far was your room from the lobby?

Studio 4121 is in the last section of the CCV villas, we are the first room on the left after the second set of elevators. It is less than a 5 minute walk to the lobby. Sometimes we use the elevator near our room and other times the main elevator off of the lobby near bridge over the thermal vent. DH thinks it is no more than 3 minutes to lobby.

As to the furniture it is pretty sturdy stuff IMO. Only mark I have seen is on the side of the bench, someone gouge some of the wood and left it hanging. Something I'll report before we leave. I have gotten used to the dresser with all the different knobs and colors. It seems to blend in with the semi rustic plus modern feel that appears to be the design. No hidden Mickeys though, and I am disappointed there. I feel like DVC should always give a nod to Mickey in the rooms.

As to room size, it is narrower than all the other studios, including the one at BLT. It is very functional and works well for a couple. I am not sure I would want to have a family of four in this room.

I like that the vanity area has a sliding door and isn't open like BRV, BWV, BCV, SSR and others I have forgotten. It gives the person stepping out of the shower (we have a shower, no tub) some warmth and privacy if needed. BTW, we have stored all our luggage under the bed; 1 large suitcase, 2 carry ons. We also have begun to use the end of the bed as a place to store our shoes and house shoes. Normally I prefer them out of sight in the closet, but there just isn't enough room in that little space.

I do miss a carpet in the morning when I wake up cold and stiff. The arthritis in my feet really complain about the hard wood-like floor then. But the rest of the day it is fine.

Thanks a lot,
Agree with GrandCalifornian's comments above, but I also want to offer further comments. The best thing about owning where you want to stay is that you get that 11-month booking window, and for the most part, if you're quick to pull the trigger as soon as that window opens, you shouldn't have any issues getting a room. Now, whether a room is big enough for your family, I answer this way: yes for now but unsure in the future. One thing too many people overlook when buying into DVC is what their vacationing habits will be like down the road. Though a tight fit, two adults and two small kids should be fine in a studio. What happens when those kids turn 11 and 16? Will you still be vacationing at Disney in 8 years? 10? 20? 30? Remember, you're not just buying for vacations now, but your contract will reach out 50 years, and you'll be paying dues on those points every single year. I'm not attempting to discourage you but rather to ensure you think strategically. ;) Finally, not having the monorail attached to WL is a good thing. The ideas that most appeal to us about the Lodge are its architecture and its relative sense of intimacy and serenity compared to other resorts. Having the monorail would ruin that uniqueness. That being said, the bus and boat service at the Lodge is usually quite dependable and enjoyable. The boat is by far our favorite method to get to MK, and the bus service to MK is also quite good and quick. Bus service to other parks is generally above average, too; however, we usually prefer to drive to AK, DHS, Epcot, and Disney Springs--it's usually faster. Then again, we always drive down so we don't have to rent a vehicle. If you fly, I would say that renting a car isn't needed as the bus and boat service will be more than adequate. Good luck with your decision making!

We just spoke to a maintenance man about our constantly running bathroom fan in our CCV studio. It turns out it is affecting around 80% of the rooms at CCV. The manufacturer didn't apply a sealant to the sensor so when it gets wet it quits turning the sensor off. The manufacturer is retooling and adding a sealant to the sensor. So until the manufacturer replaces all the sensors they will continue to have the fans run. Maintenance will turn your fan off if you cannot stand the noise. DH pointed out we could just close the sliding door to toilet to block the noise if need be. But it really doesn't bother us, as it is more of a white noise. The maintenance CM said our fan was one of the quieter ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!