“Updated” MDE app being a pain for anyone else?

It hasn't been working for me since yesterday (site or app). At that time I figured it was the GE reservations going live for Disneyland. Now it just isn't working.

Ok, glad it is not just me. I’m sorry we are all having the problems!!

It hasn't been working for me since yesterday (site or app). At that time I figured it was the GE reservations going live for Disneyland. Now it just isn't working.

Ooh probably right on that theory. I could see that breaking the Disney tech stuff...

I didn't know there was an update until now. And I also have changes. "MY PLANS" are now only showing when I select the three lines on the bottom right. It pulls up another screen that has an options to see Tickets and Passes, My Plans, Photos, Resort Hotel, Mobile Food Orders, Play Disney Parks and Shop Merchandise. When I click "My Plans" it shows me all of my FPs and ADRs.

Ok, glad it is not just me.

Nope not just you. Calling anyone at Disney about an IT issue is a complete waste of time. No one you will get on the phone can actually fix IT issues when they require some kind of programming change. You will spend a frustrating 30-45 minutes with their 'try this/try that' approach or clearing cookies/cache/etc. without any success. Often they will just tell you to try later today or tomorrow. Hard to believe a company as big as Disney can't get their IT act together.

Just logged in from my cpu and this message was at the top:
"Pardon the InconveniencePardon the Inconvenience
We understand some Guests may be experiencing issues with My Plans and Reservations. We’re actively working to resolve this issue and provide the best possible Guest experience. We apologize for any inconvenience."

So, not just the app.

I'm seeing this message when I try to view my plans on the computer. I can't even sign into the app on my phone. :rolleyes:

Pardon the Inconvenience
We understand some Guests may be experiencing issues with My Plans and Reservations. We’re actively working to resolve this issue and provide the best possible Guest experience. We apologize for any inconvenience.

So I called to confirm something with a resort reservation and the CM told me he could be my "personal vacation adviser" from now on if I would like. Is this new????

Apparently I am technologically illiterate - I have never figured out how to use the phone and apps at the same time.
If you have a CDMA network phone, then you can't if you are using your phone's data plan to access the app. On a CDMA network you can't use data and talk on the phone at the same time.

I'm seeing this message when I try to view my plans on the computer. I can't even sign into the app on my phone. :rolleyes:

Pardon the Inconvenience
We understand some Guests may be experiencing issues with My Plans and Reservations. We’re actively working to resolve this issue and provide the best possible Guest experience. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Yes, now that is up. It was not when I created this post.

If you have a CDMA network phone, then you can't if you are using your phone's data plan to access the app. On a CDMA network you can't use data and talk on the phone at the same time.

Like, I said, totally over my head.

It's easy enough to test if you can. It totally depends on the phone you are using. Call someone on the phone, and have them wait while you try using an app. Without ending the call, go to your home screen and open up an app. Then see if the person is still there.
To expand, in case it hadn't dawned on PP, put the call on Speaker when doing this.

Pardon the Inconvenience

I got this message as well, but I’ve worked out what the problem is.. me!!!

as I must be cursed as I don’t think I’ve ever got to my 180 day mark and been able to book on that day without one problem or another.

So apologies to everyone effected by my bad mojo, I will burn some sage to try to cleanse my Disney planning aura lol :rotfl:

Appears problem is with 5.1.0, older 5.0.1 is working ok. Wonder how long it will take to fix?

My 180 day window was supposed to open today. On the app, it’s closed. On the website, it’s open. None of my plans are showing in the app.

So I called to confirm something with a resort reservation and the CM told me he could be my "personal vacation adviser" from now on if I would like. Is this new????
I had a similar experience last week when I called to book our 2020 room reservation. After the call, I got an email from the lady I spoke with on the phone giving me her 'personal' Disney email address and asked me to contact her with any future vacation needs or booking. I've never had that happen before so I started second guessing my entire call and was a bit worried that somehow I had gotten connected to a scam phone number and just given my credit card number to goodness knows who. However, I did get the Disney reservation confirmation email and it's showing up on the Disney website, so I'm really hoping it's legit.

It's not just you. None of my plans are showing at all in either the website or the app.

I had a similar experience last week when I called to book our 2020 room reservation. After the call, I got an email from the lady I spoke with on the phone giving me her 'personal' Disney email address and asked me to contact her with any future vacation needs or booking. I've never had that happen before so I started second guessing my entire call and was a bit worried that somehow I had gotten connected to a scam phone number and just given my credit card number to goodness knows who. However, I did get the Disney reservation confirmation email and it's showing up on the Disney website, so I'm really hoping it's legit.

I wanted to make him tell me if Disney After Hours would be extended into July at HS! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter