“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that "schedule is subject to change". We did this party on our trip this past Thanksgiving (12 day trip). At the time, it was offered only 2-3 days per week, sometimes 4. But generally it was NOT offered more often than it was. IMO, this is THE best dessert party for a number 9f reasons. We are coming back to WDW for 2 days prior to our Feb 28 DCL cruise. I just looked at the current schedule and was floored when I saw it available for nearly every day through the end of Aug (except Tuesdays, I think?). Obviously, Feb won't open for booking until some point in December, at the earliest, but based on current schedule, I can easily just add it to our 2-day plan (Day 1 MK, Day 2 DHS/Epcot). Is the current schedule expected to continue or is just to bring in more people for the end of Illuminations?

Thoughts?

I know that "schedule is subject to change". We did this party on our trip this past Thanksgiving (12 day trip). At the time, it was offered only 2-3 days per week, sometimes 4. But generally it was NOT offered more often than it was. IMO, this is THE best dessert party for a number 9f reasons. We are coming back to WDW for 2 days prior to our Feb 28 DCL cruise. I just looked at the current schedule and was floored when I saw it available for nearly every day through the end of Aug (except Tuesdays, I think?). Obviously, Feb won't open for booking until some point in December, at the earliest, but based on current schedule, I can easily just add it to our 2-day plan (Day 1 MK, Day 2 DHS/Epcot). Is the current schedule expected to continue or is just to bring in more people for the end of Illuminations? Thoughts?

Every day except for Tuesdays is the schedule I remember from the past 2 Augusts (2017, 2018). This is normal for August as far as I know.

Does anyone know what the typical schedule for this event during September has been? Really wish Disney would release the dates for September as I am trying to finalize our plans.

I know when I did the dessert party last October (8th) it was only a few nights during the week. At first I was surprised at all the dates in August but it makes sense with illuminations leaving. I am hoping the Frozen 2 movie coming out keeps the momentum going and the offerings are still the same after illuminations is replaced. We are going in December. Taking my daughter (6) and nieces (5 & 2). Will be the nieces’ first disney trip. They are all bonkers for Frozen already and when the new movie comes out, i’m Sure it’ll be worse!!!

I know when I did the dessert party last October (8th) it was only a few nights during the week. At first I was surprised at all the dates in August but it makes sense with illuminations leaving. I am hoping the Frozen 2 movie coming out keeps the momentum going and the offerings are still the same after illuminations is replaced. We are going in December. Taking my daughter (6) and nieces (5 & 2). Will be the nieces’ first disney trip. They are all bonkers for Frozen already and when the new movie comes out, i’m Sure it’ll be worse!!!
Well, the name of the event is a little misleading. Maybe because it was Christmas season, or maybe because it was dark and I was trying to wrangle both my kids and my parents who were very locationally and directionally challenged; but I didn't notice anything "Frozen" about the dessert party itself. We did get special glasses that made the fireworks look like snowflakes. BUT, you do indeed get the post-party private ride on FEA after the fireworks...so it saves a FP usage, which is great in itself. The seating location is phenomenal. Much better than the parties at DHS. So, IDK if the Frozen factor will have any impact on the party dates, but who really knows anyway, right @FastPasser. ?

Well, the name of the event is a little misleading. Maybe because it was Christmas season, or maybe because it was dark and I was trying to wrangle both my kids and my parents who were very locationally and directionally challenged; but I didn't notice anything "Frozen" about the dessert party itself. We did get special glasses that made the fireworks look like snowflakes. BUT, you do indeed get the post-party private ride on FEA after the fireworks...so it saves a FP usage, which is great in itself. The seating location is phenomenal. Much better than the parties at DHS. So, IDK if the Frozen factor will have any impact on the party dates, but who really knows anyway, right @FastPasser. ?
Agreed, and for those expecting a heavy Frozen theme, you'll be disappointed. I've felt that way from day one. The outdoor version of this party is the best party on property but not because of Frozen.

Funny our various experiences/observations with different events. I thought the Frozen theme was pretty apparent (but fortunately not over the top). My kids still want one of these for the house:

And who can forget Olaf's Warm Double Chocolate S'mores Pudding Cake? Who knew s'mores, pudding, and cake could make their way into one single dish!

And of course there is Elsa's Blue Velvet Cupcakes. Always a crowd fav.

Lastly, I've always felt the glasses during the fireworks to "see snowflakes" felt kind of forced, but all good. :-)

Funny our various experiences/observations with different events. I thought the Frozen theme was pretty apparent (but fortunately not over the top). My kids still want one of these for the house:

View attachment 415885

And who can forget Olaf's Warm Double Chocolate S'mores Pudding Cake? Who knew s'mores, pudding, and cake could make their way into one single dish!

And of course there is Elsa's Blue Velvet Cupcakes. Always a crowd fav.

Lastly, I've always felt the glasses during the fireworks to "see snowflakes" felt kind of forced, but all good. :-)

My daughter and I loved Olaf’s dessert too. We did the frozen dessert party twice so far (separate visits). We enjoyed the snow flake glasses for part of the show. Took them off after awhile but thought it was fun. The second time we attended the party, we received Mickey glasses so it turned the fireworks into a zillion mickeys. Not really part of the Frozen theme but Mickey can trump anything. 💗

Funny our various experiences/observations with different events. I thought the
Frozen theme was pretty apparent (but fortunately not over the top).
We'll have to agree to disagree on the "pretty apparent" part. I'd like it to be a little closer to over the top. Themed table number holders and some themed food items on a faux ice table is not enough IMO.

I stopped in recently to check things out and noticed that even more of the Frozen themed elements have been eliminated. They were poorly constructed and fell apart after being brought to and from the venue so many times from backstage. Hopefully they'll be, or have been, replaced

Hi all, I just booked this party for our August trip and have two questions. I tried doing a search, but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.

1. We're staying at the Swan. We will be able to exit via International Gateway after the event, correct? I've heard of people not being able to exit there after a certain time, so I just want to make sure we'll be okay to leave this way.

2. My kids have food allergies. I noted this on the reservation when I made it, but do I need to notify someone else prior to the event?

Thanks for any help!

Agreed, and for those expecting a heavy Frozen theme, you'll be disappointed. I've felt that way from day one. The outdoor version of this party is the best party on property but not because of Frozen.
We have this booked for this coming August.
We only booked it for the deserts & out door viewing, not so much on the Frozen theme.
What you have said about the out door version is the biggest factor in our booking it. 👍
Over the past 5 years we have done all the desert party's except the Ferry Tale one.
Each trip now it has become the norm for us to do one of these.:)

We only booked it for the deserts & out door viewing, not so much on the Frozen theme.
What you have said about the out door version is the biggest factor in our booking it.

Just be aware that in August, there is a VERY good chance that the party will be moved indoors due to inclement weather or the threat there of. Having attended the party on our last three August trips, we've never actually sat outside once.

1. We're staying at the Swan. We will be able to exit via International Gateway after the event, correct? I've heard of people not being able to exit there after a certain time, so I just want to make sure we'll be okay to leave this way.
They do close the IG at some point but it's long after the park closes. If you leave soon after doing the ride, you'll be fine.
2. My kids have food allergies. I noted this on the reservation when I made it, but do I need to notify someone else prior to the event?
Yes, just inform any server after you're seated and they will notify the Chef. The Chef will explain all the options to you. They may just show up at your table even if you don't speak with a server but I would be proactive.

Just be aware that in August, there is a VERY good chance that the party will be moved indoors due to inclement weather or the threat there of.
Unfortunately, that's the reality. Living next door to WDW and having the same weather, I suspect that most of the parties have been indoors during the past couple of weeks. I was at Epcot on Sunday night and sure enough it was indoors.

Unfortunately, that's the reality. Living next door to WDW and having the same weather, I suspect that most of the parties have been indoors during the past couple of weeks. I was at Epcot on Sunday night and sure enough it was indoors.
You can almost set your watch by it!!

They do close the IG at some point but it's long after the park closes. If you leave soon after doing the ride, you'll be fine.
Yes, just inform any server after you're seated and they will notify the Chef. The Chef will explain all the options to you. They may just show up at your table even if you don't speak with a server but I would be proactive.

Thank you so much!

Just be aware that in August, there is a VERY good chance that the party will be moved indoors due to inclement weather or the threat there of. Having attended the party on our last three August trips, we've never actually sat outside once.
Yes that's something we are aware of. It goes hand in hand with Summer in Florida.
Just gotta hope it's a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter