$/£ Credit Card Coversion rate

Mpet

Mouseketeer
Hi

I am thinking of pre-purcahsing some passes direct from the US.

When the charge hits my credit/debit card, what rate is used for the conversion. Is it the Tourist Rate or the 'business' rate or another rate?

Does it depend on the Bank/Credit Card Company and is the rate that is applied the one that was current on the day of the purchase, or when the charge hits my account?

I hope there are some banking experts out there:)

Thanks

Maxine

Hi Maxine,

The exchange rate used will be based on the business rate on the day the purchase hits your credit card account. However, the credit card companies (rather sneakily I feel) will take a 1-2% commission on each transaction although they never show this on your statement - all you will see is an exchange rate that is 1-2% less than the business rate for that day.

Paul

Nationwide`s credit card have no transaction fee.

I pay regular amounts to the US and used to use my barlaycard, after changeing for a while I have noticed a big differance, even allowing for the exchange rate

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter