You can take the girl out of Disney, BUT………

Loving the TR so far. The pics of Boardwalk are great and I can't wait to read about B&C as I am hoping we get there for a kitchen sink this trip!

I voted for you! Your pictures are always spectacular so you have to win!!! Good Luck!! :thumbsup2

Done voting! You are in the lead! :thumbsup2

Thanks Karin!!! :thumbsup2

Loving the TR so far. The pics of Boardwalk are great and I can't wait to read about B&C as I am hoping we get there for a kitchen sink this trip!

I voted for you! Your pictures are always spectacular so you have to win!!! Good Luck!! :thumbsup2

I hope to get it up tonight or tomorrow. It's been one crazy day...but good crazy.

Thanks for voting. :hug:

I thinl you are exactly right. I knwo they had people in the skits with Earthquake, but it was different...and I couldn't remember how except it was based off the old movie "earthquake".

It is funny. I understand asking if it is a ride...but then some people still keep asking, or get confused. When my DH asks me, I tell him just wait and see. :rotfl:

We have a bit a warped sense of humor at our house. We laugh at some really dumb stuff.

Was River picked to be the kid then? That scene was so funny.

No River wasn't picked. The part of the ride where they tell everyone to act scared is the part he thinks he is in:laughing:

That Puss in boots is so cute! I know River would have wanted it if he saw it. He has a bunk bed and apparently I bought the bed so all his stuffed animals would have a place to sleep.:laughing:

River said he couldn't do Rip Ride Rockit because it goes straight up. Well thats good because there was no way I was taking him on that thing!

Thats's funny that Skip wasn't hungry but got a move on when you told him you would go without him:rotfl2:

I voted!

That Puss in boots is so cute! I know River would have wanted it if he saw it. He has a bunk bed and apparently I bought the bed so all his stuffed animals would have a place to sleep.:laughing:

River said he couldn't do Rip Ride Rockit because it goes straight up. Well thats good because there was no way I was taking him on that thing!

Thats's funny that Skip wasn't hungry but got a move on when you told him you would go without him:rotfl2:

I voted!

Claire can't find her DS right now...so now I have to go through the pile of animals and see if it's hidden under it. I sure hope we didn't lose it somewhere. I can't remember where she had it last.

I'm glad Claire has no desire for those type of rides too. ;) Paige probably would've though. She was a daredevil.

Skip is so funny, God forbid we go have fun without him.

We kept walking the Boardwalk, trying to make our way to B&C. I didn’t want to rush and make Skip hurt more, so we strolled at a leisurely pace, but I had to hold myself back from walking faster……after all there was an ice-cream sundae with my name on it….just waiting for me.

crestwave.jpg

viewofepcot.jpg

jellyrolls.jpg

jellyroll.jpg

welcometojellyrolls.jpg

swanfin.jpg

As we walked by the Yacht Club I pointed out the room that Brook and I stayed in last Aug. Skip was like “What? Why did you stay here?” Almost like he was accusing me of staying at a nice place without his knowledge. Um…I had told him over and over where I had stayed…..he just doesn’t listen. And this is where we HAD to stay, it was part of the program, we didn’t choose our resort.

As we passed Storm Along Bay I took a few dark pictures. They were doing some construction and parts of it were shut down.

constructionatsab.jpg

sabconstruction.jpg

Soon we reach B&C and we went up to ask about the wait….30 minutes. UGH! Of course, I have grumpy along and now he has to wait. I said fine, but the guy offered that we go in the “to go” part, which Skip promptly said yes and the same time I said no. I told the guy I wanted a No Way Jose, and he then agreed, yes we would have to wait for that one.
We grabbed a buzzer and Claire panicked. She was starving and could not possibly wait any longer for food. So I told them to sit with the buzzer and I would head to the market place and get her a pizza.
I walked fast, but I had forgotten just how far away the Market Place was. I ordered her a kids pepperoni pizza and waited. Soon it was done and I got in line to pay. The gal told me this was a kids pizza and I had to get 2 sides and a drink. I told her I didn’t want that, just to charge me for the pizza. Couldn’t be done, it was the same price either way. So I told her what I would get as sides and a drink and paid and headed back to the refrigerator area and pulled out a pack of grapes, a cookie and a milk and off I went to find my gang…..only they were not where I left them.
I took a peek inside of B&C and sure enough they were seated at the counter…in the same exact seats that Patty and I had sat in last summer. We even had the same waitress.
Skip said he ordered. I was amazed that he even remembered what I wanted, but I did catch the waitress’s attention and let her know I wanted my No Way Jose with only vanilla ice-cream.

Claire started in on her pizza while we waited.

clairespizza.jpg

Skip and I nibbled at it too. I actually think Skip ate half of it. (Remember he wasn’t even hungry) We saved the sides and took them back to our hotel with us and nibbled on those for a snack when hungry later on.

Soon “heaven on Earth” was brought out.

noway1.jpg

Claire and I shared it and Skip got a strawberry milkshake. It was very large and they even gave him the mixer cup to refill his glass. He said it was very good. I did not take a picture of it though, as I was too busy admiring my treat.

I took this picture and posted it on facebook and had the caption “Where am I?”

2012-03-27_22-20-13_386-1.jpg

Several people responded, and most were right, or close, but I got some off the wall answers too.

nowayjose2.jpg

Claire and I dug in and oohed and ahhed and mmm’d. She agreed that this was absolutely wonderful.

I am proud to say that in August I ate every last drop by myself. This time Claire fizzled out early and I got to the point that I just couldn’t eat the last few bites. I hated not finishing it, but I was about to explode.

allgone.jpg

We paid and headed out. Skip decided we would walk the other way back to the Boardwalk because it looked closer to him. I really don’t think it is, but I didn’t care which way we walked. Everyone was in a better mood now.

walkingwithdaddy.jpg

I took a few more pics of the Boardwalk area once again.

sportscenter.jpg

bwarcade.jpg

boardwalkbakery.jpg

Have you ever eaten at the “Lyin Ish?” LOL

lyinish.jpg

We decided we should have a potty break before heading out.

horsefish.jpg

bwlobbylights.jpg

I must say the lobby reminded me a lot of the Yacht and Beach Club Lobbies.

bwlobby.jpg

I didn’t see a restroom sign jumping out at me, so we asked a CM and he directed us in the right direction.

bwbathroom.jpg

It was very similar to some of the bathrooms at the Yacht Club too.

I was taking too long with pictures, so Claire ran ahead and joined up with Skip.

bwhallway.jpg

I really think this place looks beautiful…another one to add to my list of places to stay.

bwropundseating.jpg

I found them here.

bigseatbw.jpg

And we headed out to the parking lot and into our car. We made the drive back to Quality Inn and I think a little someone had dozed off in the back seat while we drove…..though she would never admit it.

We were all tired at this point and got ready for bed.

perrysleeping.jpg

We watched a little bit of TV and I checked out facebook on my kindle and before we knew it, we all drifted off to dreamland.

And that is the end of Day 2! 2 1/2 more full days left

I have just read your whole report (so far) from start to finish. A-may-zing! Love your pictures, they are brilliant and so detailed.

I am getting so excited for our next trip to Universal in just over 3 months :cool1:

Just what I needed today! :cool1:
Two updates, lots of pics to take my mind off the course I am enrolled in! :scared1:
Love your B&C pics, makes me SOOOO homesick!

I have just read your whole report (so far) from start to finish. A-may-zing! Love your pictures, they are brilliant and so detailed.

I am getting so excited for our next trip to Universal in just over 3 months :cool1:

Thanks for joining in. We had a good time. We had a few trying moments, but still very fun!
I still have more to tell about Universal...I need to get in gear and get writing.

so nice to read your reports, but your dear hubby is certainly a Buzz Kill.

Welcome to the Dis!!!! :cool1:
He can be, but he can also be really fun. Sometimes I think he thinks he is funny being a downer.

Just what I needed today! :cool1:
Two updates, lots of pics to take my mind off the course I am enrolled in! :scared1:
Love your B&C pics, makes me SOOOO homesick!

Good, glad to cheer up. I hope to update my PTR tomorrow, as today is pretty much booked up with dance class, a bit of birthday shopping for a few people and then to cut my dads hair.
We are doing the dreaded homework right now. Why do teachers give homework? :lmao:

Loved the Sundae!! If you go to Disneyland, take a drive up to Hollywood and go to the disney Soda Shop(a DIS tip I found when traveling to DL) Order a Sorcerer's Revenge. Dont make the mistake and eat a good lunch first. This is all you need for your whole party. 1 person or even 2 people cannot eat all of this!!

Can you describe the taste of your wonderful ice cream? Details, lots of them. I'm hungry!:lmao:

How much was the No Way Jose? Would suggest sharing with someone? Kadence doesn't eat much, I wouldn't mind sharing of it's crazy big.

You're right, the lobbies of the BW and the BC/YC do look very similar.

Oh, wow, that sundae looks amazing!

My Beach Club friends are amazed to discover that I have never had a meal or ice cream from Beaches & Cream-

:duck: as a whole can of whipped cream is thrown at my head

The only time I have been to B&C was when they were testing a breakfast service there in July 2009. I still don't know why it didn't succeed. With all the complaints about the lack of quick breakfast options, you would think this would have been well received.

Isn't it amazing how ice cream and pizza can brighten even the worst of moods? :lmao: Even though I'm allergic to milk (it gives me headaches and nosebleeds), I probably would have taken the risk and had one of those No Way Jose's myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter