You can take the girl out of Disney, BUT………

been meaning to join this for ages but with college work my own trip report was the only thread I was following!
Catching up now.
Those big coloured finger things you could see out of your window were across the road from where we usually stay.
We went to that pirate dinner show twice with the dancers. It's ok but prob not worth the money.
Skip sounds alot like my daddy did with his witty remarks. My momma used to kill him for some of them though :lmao:
I am miffed that they added the Lorax to the park since Christmas I want to meet him and get pics of him.. excuse to go back much :)
I love Claire's outfit.
Regarding the umbrella for shading from the sun I never get why people go on sun holidays and then spend their time trying to hide from the sun :confused:

I voted too!

Claire is like DS with all the stuffed toys. Last year someone gave us a 10' stuffed snake. We call him Nagini! We rotate the toys too. DS has bunk beds, so when he is on the bottom, 3 are with him and the rest are up top, and vice versa...

Love the ice cream, but I can't believe you drove all the way to Disney for it! You'll have to stop at Tofts next time you're up this way! Does Skip sell milk or cream to them?

Loved the Sundae!! If you go to Disneyland, take a drive up to Hollywood and go to the disney Soda Shop(a DIS tip I found when traveling to DL) Order a Sorcerer's Revenge. Dont make the mistake and eat a good lunch first. This is all you need for your whole party. 1 person or even 2 people cannot eat all of this!!

Thanks for the tip...I hope we make it out there eventually!

Can you describe the taste of your wonderful ice cream? Details, lots of them. I'm hungry!:lmao:

How much was the No Way Jose? Would suggest sharing with someone? Kadence doesn't eat much, I wouldn't mind sharing of it's crazy big.

Oh my...it's wonderfull, hot fudge,,peanutbutter...MMMMMM

Yes share it with Kadence. It's pretty big and Claire loved it, but still didn't eat that much. I did, however ration the ammount if whipped cream she could take, because she would be happy with just a bowl of whipped cream. I wanted some of it too, so I told her each bit had to include icecream too. :goodvibes

Someday I want to try beachs and cream the sundae looks amazing!

It is. I wanted to fo years too...and finally did in Aug...and now I have to try and squeeze it in each trip if possible.

That's just cute!

Isn't it? I love how big the couch is.

You're right, the lobbies of the BW and the BC/YC do look very similar.

Oh, wow, that sundae looks amazing!

My Beach Club friends are amazed to discover that I have never had a meal or ice cream from Beaches & Cream-

:duck: as a whole can of whipped cream is thrown at my head

The only time I have been to B&C was when they were testing a breakfast service there in July 2009. I still don't know why it didn't succeed. With all the complaints about the lack of quick breakfast options, you would think this would have been well received.

I would love to give Boardwalk a try someday. It looked pretty, and several people I know have siad it's their favorite resort.

I can't beleive you haven't been there....give it a try next time. It is so yummy.

Isn't it amazing how ice cream and pizza can brighten even the worst of moods? :lmao: Even though I'm allergic to milk (it gives me headaches and nosebleeds), I probably would have taken the risk and had one of those No Way Jose's myself.

It sure can...especially when its a no way jose. :lmao:
It might even be worth a nosebleed.

been meaning to join this for ages but with college work my own trip report was the only thread I was following!
Catching up now.
Those big coloured finger things you could see out of your window were across the road from where we usually stay.
We went to that pirate dinner show twice with the dancers. It's ok but prob not worth the money.
Skip sounds alot like my daddy did with his witty remarks. My momma used to kill him for some of them though :lmao:
I am miffed that they added the Lorax to the park since Christmas I want to meet him and get pics of him.. excuse to go back much :)
I love Claire's outfit.
Regarding the umbrella for shading from the sun I never get why people go on sun holidays and then spend their time trying to hide from the sun :confused:

There were quite a few resorts in the area there. I thought it was a decent location...very close to Universal and not far from Disney.
Skip thinks he is the funniest guy around...and I cringe at some of the remarks he makes.

Claire is like DS with all the stuffed toys. Last year someone gave us a 10' stuffed snake. We call him Nagini! We rotate the toys too. DS has bunk beds, so when he is on the bottom, 3 are with him and the rest are up top, and vice versa...

Love the ice cream, but I can't believe you drove all the way to Disney for it! You'll have to stop at Tofts next time you're up this way! Does Skip sell milk or cream to them?

I know at one time some of our Milk went for Dannon products...I think he said that some it goes for Kroger milk too. It's all hauled to Wisconsin....dialy... :rotfl:

I just have to share this.

Yesterday was Skip's birthday.
I went shopping with Mom, because she wanted to get him a new grill and wanted me to help pick it out. We stopped at my Aunts house whileout and about, and my Aunt gave me a picture that one of her friends had painted. It was from a picture I had taken of Claire a few years ago...on of my favorites. I guess her friend wanted to paint a child, so my Aunt gave her a copy of the picture of Claire and this lady did a wonderful job. We decided to head over to Hobby Lobby and frame it and give it to Skip for his birthday...which he loved. I think he thinks I hired this lady to do the picture. :rotfl:

Here is the origional picture.

clairesocuteinhat.jpg

And here is the framed painted version

clairpainting.jpg

skipsgift.jpg

Your TR is going to become my advice line! Now that we are officially going to Universal, I just have one very important question... Was it heartbreaking to not be "at" Disney instead? :rotfl2:

Your TR is going to become my advice line! Now that we are officially going to Universal, I just have one very important question... Was it heartbreaking to not be "at" Disney instead? :rotfl2:

So it's official now? YAY~
yes and no. I really enjoyed Universal a lot, it's different, but a good time....but I also went on Disney property several times through out the trip, so I got a little fill of that too. But knowing that you will be back later this year (like I knew I would too) you'll be fine.
I really wished I could've had the full Universal experience and stayed on site though.
I would definitely go back again.

Day 3 ~ Wednesday, March 28th

I woke up pretty early, I believe around 6:15 or so and got dressed and left the sleeping beauties alone. I grabbed my nook, phone and notebook and went outside and caught up on the happenings in the world via facebook and email.

I ate a little bit of breakfast and then checked on my crew in the room. It was so funny, because Claire would sleep with Skip, but hog the bed. She would squirm right up against him and I swear most times his rear was hanging off the edge of the bed. I took this quick shot, but it doesn’t even show how bad it was at times.

snugglyclaire.jpg

I still had time to waste, so I went back outside and took some morning pictures.

viewfrombackofqi.jpg

Not all the views were beautiful….like this abandoned parking lot next door.

abandonedparkinglot.jpg

morningpool.jpg

spatimer.jpg

morninghottub.jpg

morningpool2.jpg

resovior.jpg

Sort of a self-portrait.

selfportrait.jpg

After a little walk, I headed back upstairs around 7:30. Skip got up and was moving, and he headed out to get a bite to eat. I made a call to take care of some business at hom and got everything worked out just fine.
Next job was to get Claire up and moving. She was a little slower today, but she eventually did get up and get ready for another full fun day.

We headed over to Universal and I think we were in our parking spot around 8:15. Not too bad. We didn’t make the rope drop, but we still were there for early hours.

We walked a little slower today. I was still excited, but my family didn’t feel the need to rush, which was fine.
Once we hit City Walk, the camera was out again and I took a few shots.

minitgolfrightside.jpg

minigolf2.jpg

And LOOK! They have a pick a pearl here too. It’s not as nice as the one at Epcot, but they do have that option.

pearlfactory.jpg

dayioa.jpg

nowrockin.jpg

trashcans.jpg

The turn styles looked like a ghost town compared to the day before.

welcometurnstyle.jpg

We were in the park by 8:30.

chineesewriting.jpg

ioatradintco.jpg

lighterthanair.jpg

santassleigh.jpg

dome.jpg

sandwiches.jpg

pastries.jpg

We started to go the way we went the day before and then stopped. We decided to try the other way around today, and also check on the time wait for Spiderman. Now honestly, I was not…..and still am not sure what all is open for early entry. But we thought we would check it out and see since we weren’t in a huge hurry.

I never even noticed this times board the day before.

timeboard.jpg

Hulk was running, but I didn’t actually see people on the ride, so it might’ve been just doing testing.

hulk.jpg

cafe.jpg

arcade.jpg

candy.jpg

pointer.jpg

puncher.jpg

shop.jpg

Spiderman had a 5 minute wait…Now’s the time to do it!

spidermanride.jpg

I took a couple shots in the queue, but it was completely walk on, so they are not good as I was walking fast.

spidyqueue1.jpg

spidyqueue2.jpg

I don’t know how to describe this ride….but it was AWESOME!!!! I think one of the best rides I have ever been on.
It had been newly refurbished, but I couldn’t tell you what was done. It’s in 3D and the graphics are just amazing. The best 3D I have ever seen. You move around in a car, not like a roller coaster, but not like a dark ride…...it was just amazing. I am not a fan of the Spiderman story, but I would ride this ride over and over. Claire and Skip both enjoyed it too. This is another ride that Disney needs to take some notes on.

After our amazing adventure we worked our way towards the WWOHP. Of course, more pictures were taken on the way.

spike.jpg

comiccafe.jpg

bettysign.jpg

ooooooh.jpg

hagar.jpg

thedagwood.jpg

sweethaven.jpg

hushabomb.jpg

ga.jpg

comicrestrooms.jpg

mountdudmore.jpg

bigaward.jpg

We stopped here and watched empty logs fall for a few minutes.

logsplahsdown.jpg

I just have to share this.

Yesterday was Skip's birthday.
I went shopping with Mom, because she wanted to get him a new grill and wanted me to help pick it out. We stopped at my Aunts house whileout and about, and my Aunt gave me a picture that one of her friends had painted. It was from a picture I had taken of Claire a few years ago...on of my favorites. I guess her friend wanted to paint a child, so my Aunt gave her a copy of the picture of Claire and this lady did a wonderful job. We decided to head over to Hobby Lobby and frame it and give it to Skip for his birthday...which he loved. I think he thinks I hired this lady to do the picture. :rotfl:

Here is the origional picture.

clairesocuteinhat.jpg

And here is the framed painted version

clairpainting.jpg

skipsgift.jpg

What a beautiful painting!:thumbsup2 They did an amazing job. I can see why Skip liked it. The photo is very striking. Totally something to treasure.

Finally catching up with your trippie.......loving every minute of it, great pictures.

That is a beautiful picture of your daughter....she is a real little princess. How talented is the Artist who painted it.....it`s identical. :)

Was the Spiderman ride young-child friendly? Henry would FLIP over a Spiderman ride (and really, all of the Super Hero rides...). I really want to squeeze in a day at "the dark side" on an upcoming trip in 2013...

The painting of Claire is beautiful. What a great gift for Skip.

It seems like it was just yesterday she was that small.

Wow! That painting of Claire looks just like the picture!

We loved Spiderman too! I wonder what they changed about it?

John and I will flip a coin on who gets to sleep with Kadence on vacation. She's a bed hog, a kicker, and worst of all she radiates heats like a furnace! :laughing:

That log ride photo, it looks like you get absolutely get soaked!

Wow! The artist did an amazing job!

Thanks! I think it is amazing.

Finally catching up with your trippie.......loving every minute of it, great pictures.

That is a beautiful picture of your daughter....she is a real little princess. How talented is the Artist who painted it.....it`s identical. :)

Thanks. I was impressed with it too.

Was the Spiderman ride young-child friendly? Henry would FLIP over a Spiderman ride (and really, all of the Super Hero rides...). I really want to squeeze in a day at "the dark side" on an upcoming trip in 2013...

I'd have to check the height requirement. But he would probably like it. It has a few sort of scary parts...I held Claires hand the whole time. Watch it on youtube! :thumbsup2

The painting of Claire is beautiful. What a great gift for Skip.

It seems like it was just yesterday she was that small.

Thanks. I was thinking it was only like 2 years ago that picture was taken...but now I think it might've been y ears ago.

Wow! That painting of Claire looks just like the picture!

We loved Spiderman too! I wonder what they changed about it?

I think they enhanced graphics, but I could be wrong.

John and I will flip a coin on who gets to sleep with Kadence on vacation. She's a bed hog, a kicker, and worst of all she radiates heats like a furnace! :laughing:

That log ride photo, it looks like you get absolutely get soaked!

Sounds like claire is her twin.
We passed on the log ride. :rotfl2:

Love the bed hog pics! DS is one too, so we usually try for a king with a sofa bed to put him on there! otherwise he's the same as Claire!

We love the Spiderman ride too! That, MIB, and Hulk are almost as good as HP Forbidden Journey!

And yes, you do get very wet on Dudley Do Right!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter