You can take the girl out of Disney, BUT………

Puss N Boots is adorable! Tell Claire she made a great choice! :cool1:

Ohhh, look at the cute wittle Kitty! Thanks Jen, now Kadence wants one!

pssst, she not getting one any time soon!

Sorry I haven't posted comments in a while. I've been just enjoying the pictures. I think Claire made an excellent choice even if she does have 9,999 plushies already. :rotfl:

Sorry I haven't posted comments in a while. I've been just enjoying the pictures. I think Claire made an excellent choice even if she does have 9,999 plushies already. :rotfl:

I know what you mean. I am doing a lot of reading and just short replies. I am truly trying to keep caught up, but it is hard to do.

We headed out of the park and made our way to the parking garage. It’s funny how Skip and Claire now were walking fairly fast, but I was lagging behind this time around. ….. Mostly due to taking pictures though.

globe1.jpg

2012-03-27_19-25-18_60-1.jpg

leaving1.jpg

leaving2.jpg

fossil.jpg

foodclubsshop.jpg

endangered.jpg

quietflight.jpg

cineplex-1.jpg

hollywooddrive.jpg

bgsc.jpg

I thought this was really cute and hadn’t noticed it when we arrived that morning. It’s a mini golf course.

robotgolf.jpg

univeraldr.jpg

This is where we found that people were using the people mover walkways as a ride. (Skip did too at this point) It drives me bonkers. I don’t mind if you ride, but move to one side so people can pass you. Claire and I kept walking and said excuse me a zillion times as we walked. People would look at us like we were the nutty ones.

thankseveryone.jpg

This is in the middle area where you chose which way to go to your parking garage. It’s a little gift stand and has a Jurassic park theme. I remember this from the last time we visited.

trexbanner.jpg

We made it back to the car. Skip was really sore and a bit grumpy now. We also had to fight with the car door to get it to unlock. I was so annoyed at the car. Why can’t it just unlock like a normal car.

We drove back and traffic was literally bumper to bumper near our hotel. Not sure what was going on, but we ended up going a long way around to it so we could turn at a light, as just making a left hand turn with no light was never going to happen. It still didn’t take us too long to get back.

Claire and Skip headed down to the pool. It was around 8 PM now. I took a shower.

If you have read my past TR’s, you might have noticed my hair is a little shorter this time around. I cut it last fall fairly short for me. I wanted to get off old perm and drippy ends and wanted a change. It was cute, but after a month, I no longer liked it. I am a ponytail kind of girl and I like to just throw my hair in one daily and not mess with it. Not happening with short hair. So I have been letting it grow out. And it’s going so slowly. I also can’t just wash and fluff dry and have it look decent either. It’s still got some old perm on the ends and it just looks awful in general. So if I go in public, I have to straighten it to make it look halfway decent. This takes time of course.

So while they swam, I took my shower and did the straightening of the hair process again. I put on a sundress and felt clean and fresh and ready to do something.

Skip and Claire came back up and Claire declared it was the best pool ever because it had a hot tub too. (She says this about every pool we go to)

I asked Claire if she wanted to take a shower and she said no, she just swam so she is clean. LOL! Ok, we are on vacation, let’s let it go for today. We got her dressed and her hair combed and dried, and told Skip we wanted to go to Beaches and Cream for icecream. He grumbled a bit about not being hungry, and I told him we would go without him then…..well he got moving then.

He did say he better not have to walk a lot because he was so sore and tired from me dragging him around for 17 hours straight…a “bit” of an exaggeration there.

We got directions from the front desk on how to get the expressway to Disney area and once again fought with the door locks on the car, then took off.

It didn’t take too long to get there. We pulled up to the Yacht Clubs parking gate and we were told there was a hard close, so we couldn’t park. I guess that means they have too many people there right now and only guest resorts or those with ADR’s could park there. I asked about the Beach Club lot and he told me it was the same. UGH! He did say go over to the Boardwalk and we would be able to park there. OK. But I knew the “walking” would be longer, but I didn’t mention that to Skip.

We were able to park at the Boardwalk, and wow, what a walk that was JUST to get to the resort. Us lowly people who are not staying onsite have to park really far out.
I just kept my spirits up and ignored the complainers in my family. I really don’t think Claire cared at all, but since Skip grumbled, she thought she should as well.

My BW pictures aren’t very good because I was on the move and it was dark.

boardwalkentrance.jpg

welcometotheboardwalk.jpg

totheboardwalk.jpg

boardwalking.jpg

We made it out to the boardwalk, and some entertainment was just finishing up. It looked like it was good, because it had quite a crowd dispersing at the moment.

I tried to figure which way around the lake would be faster, but honestly, I don’t think either is, so we headed in the direction of the YC.

boardwalking1.jpg

totheboardwalk-1.jpg

surrey.jpg

screendoor.jpg

theboardwalklight.jpg

bigrivergrille.jpg

LOL! :thumbsup2 I mean, it's Jen's house storing them all, not ours. Maybe this year on Claire's birthday we should all send her a new plushie! :rotfl2:

She would be in heaven.....I would roll my eyes. :rolleyes1

Katie's best friend gave her a 5 foot stuffed bear last year for her birthday........

If you get a really big box from Missouri next December......... don't ask questions.......... :rolleyes1

GREAT collection of pictures at Universal Studios!

The picture of Claire holding Puss in Boots is just darling! I can hear him saying "Buy Me" in an amazing Latin accent.

The mini golf course at City Walk is brand-spanking new. They were just starting construction in July while we were there and it just opened a month or so ago.

Woo-hoo! I didn't know you were taking a field trip to the Yacht & Beach Club! :hyper:

I will have to find that video, Is it on youtube? He is always so funny. He has that distinct way of talking.

With the passing of Maurice Sendak today, I reposted the video on my FB profile. Watched it again and it isn't that inappropriate- he uses the "b" word a couple of times- the one that refers to a male jerk.

Where the Wild Things Are as read by Christopher Walken

The video is over 9 minutes long, so it is a bit of an investment, but I think it is worth the time- stick with it.

I am all caught up again!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: I had fallen about 8 pages behind in the 10 days I wasn't able to keep up .... it's going to take A WHILE until I will be caught up on ALL threads. :rotfl2:

As always I just LOVE your photos!!!! You got an aweful lot done at UO .... and it seems that a lot of things changed since we last were there. Maybe a visit is in order sooner than expected. ;)

You are right, Rip-Ride-Rockit doesn't really fit in with the theming, but I can asure you, it is one fun ride. :thumbsup2

Awww, Puss & Boots is cute! Did he get lost among the piles of plush at home? LOL

And yes, there are Starbucks here EVERYWHERE! There are some spots where there are 3 within eye-shot. Kinda nutty!

Great update - looking forward to the ICE CREAM! :hyper:

Katie's best friend gave her a 5 foot stuffed bear last year for her birthday........

If you get a really big box from Missouri next December......... don't ask questions.......... :rolleyes1

Oh my...thats huge. I'll know to deny the shipment! :goodvibes

GREAT collection of pictures at Universal Studios!

The picture of Claire holding Puss in Boots is just darling! I can hear him saying "Buy Me" in an amazing Latin accent.

The mini golf course at City Walk is brand-spanking new. They were just starting construction in July while we were there and it just opened a month or so ago.

Woo-hoo! I didn't know you were taking a field trip to the Yacht & Beach Club! :hyper:

She is obseesed with puss in boots lately. she has the wii game and then I had to download one on my kindle for times we are out and it's "boring". ;)

I did not know that about the mini golf course. We never had a chance to stop and play...though I find it always sounds fun to play, but after a couple of spots we tire of it fat...because we are horrid golfers. :rolleyes2

With the passing of Maurice Sendak today, I reposted the video on my FB profile. Watched it again and it isn't that inappropriate- he uses the "b" word a couple of times- the one that refers to a male jerk.

Where the Wild Things Are as read by Christopher Walken

The video is over 9 minutes long, so it is a bit of an investment, but I think it is worth the time- stick with it.

Oh my goodness. That is so funny. I love how he describes the pictures. :rotfl2:

I am all caught up again!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: I had fallen about 8 pages behind in the 10 days I wasn't able to keep up .... it's going to take A WHILE until I will be caught up on ALL threads. :rotfl2:

As always I just LOVE your photos!!!! You got an aweful lot done at UO .... and it seems that a lot of things changed since we last were there. Maybe a visit is in order sooner than expected. ;)

You are right, Rip-Ride-Rockit doesn't really fit in with the theming, but I can asure you, it is one fun ride. :thumbsup2

Welcome home....again! I have actually been neglecting both my reports a bit. I just seem to have too much going on lately. I need to get day 2 here finished and on with the rest of the trip.

Awww, Puss & Boots is cute! Did he get lost among the piles of plush at home? LOL

And yes, there are Starbucks here EVERYWHERE! There are some spots where there are 3 within eye-shot. Kinda nutty!

Great update - looking forward to the ICE CREAM! :hyper:

Last night Claire was looking for Penelope (her favorite lovey) in a pile of animals on the floor. We found Puss in boots in that pile too, so he got thrown back on the bed with her too. She arranges them on her bed when it's made, and it's like an animal shrine...I have to take some off here and there and put them in the closet. They are so cute when we buy them...but mixed with al lthe others, it becomes a bit overwelming.

Last night Claire was looking for Penelope (her favorite lovey) in a pile of animals on the floor. We found Puss in boots in that pile too, so he got thrown back on the bed with her too. She arranges them on her bed when it's made, and it's like an animal shrine...I have to take some off here and there and put them in the closet. They are so cute when we buy them...but mixed with al lthe others, it becomes a bit overwelming.

Kadence does a rotation with all of hers:laughing: This week it's Sulley, Mike, Lamby( a lamb with bunny ears that's looking every bit it's 8 years)and Kermit. She tucks them around her at night and then gets mad when they are all on the floor in the morning

I swear, one of these days the plushies are goning to have start paying rent!

Mmmmm, Ice Cream! I need to pay close attention as that is our destination on our first full day!

Kadence does a rotation with all of hers:laughing: This week it's Sulley, Mike, Lamby( a lamb with bunny ears that's looking every bit it's 8 years)and Kermit. She tucks them around her at night and then gets mad when they are all on the floor in the morning

I swear, one of these days the plushies are goning to have start paying rent!

Mmmmm, Ice Cream! I need to pay close attention as that is our destination on our first full day!

Claire told me the other day that she is sure her toys come to life when she is gone....I guess that explains why her room is a mess...they get up and walk around and play.

Love your trip report!:thumbsup2

I think I've read one of your cruise ones a few months back.

Love all the pics and info!

Love your trip report!:thumbsup2

I think I've read one of your cruise ones a few months back.

Love all the pics and info!

Thanks...yes, I did cruise the Dream last year...and we'll be crusing her again in Nov. I can't wait. My Mom has been calling me daily about our trip. (She and several family members are all coming) I think she's becoming a bit of a Disney addict...no where near as bad as me, but she sometimes acts like a kid waiting for christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts