You can take the girl out of Disney, BUT………

Getting caught up over here after my 'vacation'...

Your lunch at Marg. looked so good! We have almost eaten at one of those in Myrtle Beach several times but always ended up somewhere else. We will definitely be going there next time! I can't believe those nachos! :lmao: Good grief! The club sandwich sounds right up my alley!

I can't believe how wet Claire got! I would have been miserable. I can't stand to walk in wet clothes. Kids are pretty tough when it comes to that though.

Love the old photos of your kids being eaten by the shark! :rotfl: I am so afraid of those things that I probably wouldn't go near it even though I know it's fake.

We did some leisurely strolling. Skip’s feet and legs were killing him. I really noticed him hobbling around. I assumed it was his hip, but he swears it was his feet that bothered him.

animalactors.jpg

universalflags.jpg

kidzone.jpg

gardenof.jpg

usstreetlinedwithpalms.jpg

horrormakeup.jpg

mels.jpg

I didn’t take a picture of (why I didn’t, I don’t know) but there were some fencing up around the lake area over here and it said it was a hot set. Nothing was going on, so we “think" they were taking stuff down from something earlier. We did see guys out in the lake on a boat though too.

2guysinboat.jpg

Skip asked if there was a fireworks show going on later, and we were told no, which I was sure I had read wasn’t happening, but you never know. Someone did say they have something in the summer, and I know I have read TRs that showed pictures of it.

I think down this street is where the Nickelodeon studios used to be. I know we toured it a couple of times and Paige once went with her Dads family and got to do some sort of shout out on one of the shows she watched being taped. They gave them the day it would air and then we recorded it. I don’t know if we still have it on tape anywhere or not. LOL

riprocket.jpg

walgreens.jpg

oneway.jpg

We stopped and rested for a while and watched the guys in the boat and I kept taking pictures.

whiskey.jpg

nosmoking.jpg

dghir.jpg

We headed over to Disaster. That was one thing I wanted to do before we left for the day, and Claire wanted to give it a try too.

It’s right by the famous Richter’s Burgers and we joked about it once again.

earthquakeburgers.jpg

I laughed when we got in line because so many people asked what this was. The TM would say it’s an attraction that is a show and ride…and people look at him like he’s crazy. .....There are these youtube videos where they have these cartoon people being CM’s and the people ask what it is, and that’s the response they get…and it escalates to sort of a frustrated CM. They are so dumb, but funny too, and this made me think of it immediately.

Here is one of those videos, It’s not the one I was thinking of, but it still is funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L16HHxiSPXA

And this one is funny too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iuAyQec-_M&feature=related

We waited in line and Skip kept asking me what this was like. I told him it was called Earthquake last time I rode it and it appeared to look a bit different on the outside, so I wasn’t sure how similar it would be.

centileg.jpg

skipspop.jpg

tank.jpg

We had a buddy hanging with us too.

birdie.jpg

We had a little wait, but soon we were headed into the first room. This has changed from when I saw it last (as Earthquake). I don’t remember it exactly, but I know it was different before. We had a girl who was casting people for a new movie and it was fun. She picked some people to be part of the “show” and she was pretty funny and the guys she picked were funny too. Claire just loved this…Skip didn’t care for it so much.

Next we went into the next room and the actors did there “thing” and it was taped. Again, I thought it was fun and funny. We were introduced to the owner of the studios and it was Christopher Walken….as a holograph. To me this was SO amazing. He looked so real and no flickering at all. He interacted with things and I really don’t think Claire even knew that it wasn’t a real person up there.
I was impressed.
I think we went to the ride vehicle next. This was pretty much the same ride (though I heard they did change it up for safety reasons because someone had gotten hurt (or killed?) several years ago when it was Earthquake.
This time though, we are all part of the movie and the ride is part of the show…years ago, I do believe that we went on a subway ride and then “all of a sudden” there was an earthquake.
This time was corny and we had to all pretend to be frightened.
Claire loved it, Skip still wasn’t impressed ,but did like the ride portion a bit more.

On the way back to the station they play the movie they have just made. It’s pretty funny, and we laughed at the corny movie they made which also stared the “Rock” as the main character. They combined the guest actors in shots with him and it was so silly.

When we got off, Claire declared that this might be her new favorite ride, or at least tied with the Simpsons. Skip said he hoped not to ever go back on it. LOL!

Finally checking in here! I'm up to page 10, but still working my way through!

Random thoughts...

The Toledo Airport bathrooms are really gorgeous! I love the sinks too.

The ride in Orlando is a giant free-fall swing, similar to Ripcord at CP, but taller.

We loved butterbeer, but split one among 3 or 4 of us. It was way too sweet to drink a whole glass on our own.

I'm going back now to get caught up!

That bathroom is pretty. I wish all public bathroom were like that one.
I sonederd if it was like that. I can't remember if we actually saw someone on it or nit, but I am thinking we might've towards the ned of our trip.
I agree, Butterbeer is really too sweet. A couple sips are good, but you can get sick of it pretty fast.

You make it all look so fun... makes me think I need to go back. :goodvibes

It was fun. Of course you have to go in knowing it's not the same as Disney and I truely believe you can make the vacation fun, even if you are not thrilled with the destination. (though I was happy to go here). You just have to have the right attitude and I think researching places also helps get your mind set so you know what to expect, and what nto to.

Getting caught up over here after my 'vacation'...

Your lunch at Marg. looked so good! We have almost eaten at one of those in Myrtle Beach several times but always ended up somewhere else. We will definitely be going there next time! I can't believe those nachos! :lmao: Good grief! The club sandwich sounds right up my alley!

I can't believe how wet Claire got! I would have been miserable. I can't stand to walk in wet clothes. Kids are pretty tough when it comes to that though.

Love the old photos of your kids being eaten by the shark! :rotfl: I am so afraid of those things that I probably wouldn't go near it even though I know it's fake.

I'm still miserably behind on so many threads.
I bought a bag of chips yesterday. I think tomorrows lunch might be some nachos. ;) Or maybe a snack today after Claire gets home from school.

I hate wet clothes too and then I always get the chapped thighs from rubbing.

That Jaws ride was pretty creepy too. Even though the shark was fake, I jsut remember how creepy he looked. I think I did take a few photos of him too...and he looks fake and real...if that makes sense?

OK, all caught up now!

Jen - i want to go shopping with your mom! Think she'd meet me at the Coach store at Franklin Park mall? :lmao:

popcorn:: We made grandpa take DS to see the 3 Stooges last weekend. He thought it was hilarious, but hey, he's only 7, and slapstick is right up his alley!

My mom does the same thing as you with stocking up on clearance shirts for my dad! Except with him it's cooking stains, usually spaghetti sauce, so she buys lots of darks and reds!

The thing you missed on top of Jurassic Park was a food stand. The cool stuff was all on the bottom. The Pteradon riders ride is kind of cool, but not worth the wait if it's that long!

Love the volcano nachos! Sometimes they look exactly like the volcano when they come out, depending on who builds the order. I miss Jimmy Buffets! It's been 3 years since we've been there. We like the outside patio, but DS LOVES sitting inside by the volcano, watching it "blow". It has such great atmosphere!

Someone in Sandusky actually has a Delorean! We see it parked at the mall occasionally.

And the real reason they don't want you taking pics on rides is so that you don't lose your camera. it's a little different there than at some place like CP. I could just see you riding the corkscrew, trying to snap photos, and dropping your camera on the midway onto someone's head! :rotfl2:

:rotfl: Claire loved it, Skip hated it! It sounds fun though, there was no thrill to it at all?

The ride simulates an earthquake, and it is pretty cool. I think it was better when you were supposed to be in a real one on the old ride. This time it was like it was a joke and we were all supposed to act goofy. I think a lot missed all the cool affects. You do get thrown around a bit.

OK, all caught up now!

Jen - i want to go shopping with your mom! Think she'd meet me at the Coach store at Franklin Park mall? :lmao:

popcorn:: We made grandpa take DS to see the 3 Stooges last weekend. He thought it was hilarious, but hey, he's only 7, and slapstick is right up his alley!

My mom does the same thing as you with stocking up on clearance shirts for my dad! Except with him it's cooking stains, usually spaghetti sauce, so she buys lots of darks and reds!

The thing you missed on top of Jurassic Park was a food stand. The cool stuff was all on the bottom. The Pteradon riders ride is kind of cool, but not worth the wait if it's that long!

Love the volcano nachos! Sometimes they look exactly like the volcano when they come out, depending on who builds the order. I miss Jimmy Buffets! It's been 3 years since we've been there. We like the outside patio, but DS LOVES sitting inside by the volcano, watching it "blow". It has such great atmosphere!

Someone in Sandusky actually has a Delorean! We see it parked at the mall occasionally.

And the real reason they don't want you taking pics on rides is so that you don't lose your camera. it's a little different there than at some place like CP. I could just see you riding the corkscrew, trying to snap photos, and dropping your camera on the midway onto someone's head! :rotfl2:

She bought Paige a Coach last year for Christmas. My Aunt used to buy us coach purses every year, she doesn't any more...so bummed about that.

That movie was actually better than I thought it would be.

I don't know how guys can make such a mess. Skip will get food stains from eating and he hangs the shirt back up in the closet like it's clean because he only wore it for 2 hours.....hello....it's still dirty.

I was thinking maybe it was a food stand and that is why I didn't look at it much.

Loved the nachos!!

When I was in highschool there was a guy who went to St. Francis that had one. He would always park it out front at the dances.
I don't know what he looked like...probably a geek. LOL
Have you ever seen the American Dad episode when he has a Delorean and goes looking for parts. He fights with another delorean driver to get to the destination first so they can get another door for the car.

Omg I love the pics I wish I was there right now :)

-M

Thanks....I would like to be there right now too.

So funny that Skip and Claire had totally different opinions of the Disaster attraction. I remember it as Earthquake and wasn't too impressed. I can't imagine there being a safety issue with it where someone actually got hurt. Yikes!

Your pictures continue to be wonderful! :goodvibes

So funny that Skip and Claire had totally different opinions of the Disaster attraction. I remember it as Earthquake and wasn't too impressed. I can't imagine there being a safety issue with it where someone actually got hurt. Yikes!

Your pictures continue to be wonderful! :goodvibes

I was surprised how much she liked it. I think all the cheesiness is what she found fun.
I'm not sure how people got hurt on it either, but I read that somewhere. I would think you had to be doing something wrong to get yourself hurt...unless something malfunctioned. I should google it more.

Wow, I'm amazed at how much your pictures look like Hollywood Studios! There were several pictures in there that made me do a double take.

Your family sounds just like mine! I hate corny stuff, but DH and DD love it. We never agree on those sort of things!

Wow, I'm amazed at how much your pictures look like Hollywood Studios! There were several pictures in there that made me do a double take.

Your family sounds just like mine! I hate corny stuff, but DH and DD love it. We never agree on those sort of things!

Yes, there are some very similar theming in both parks...they were both built at the same time too.

I kind of remember the Earthquake ride, I thought it was pretty cool from what I remember. I may be wrong because my memry is a but fuzzy from this but I am pretty sure my sister was picked for the skit part, I think they were in a mall and she was on an escalator when the "Earthquake" hit.

:rotfl2: That youtube video is so funny! My dd and her husband went to WDW on their honeymoon. Her TR was titled something like "is this a ride" because of that first video. Turns out... some people (like her dh) do actually ask "is this a ride":rotfl2:

I have to agree with others, the park is very similar to DHS. All of your pictures are great!

I think some things are funny that others don't, like dumb movies. Sometimes dumber is better!

We did Disaster too. River loved it too and he really believes he is in a movie that they filmed there. I didn't have the heart to tell him any different. He's my little movie star:laughing:

I kind of remember the Earthquake ride, I thought it was pretty cool from what I remember. I may be wrong because my memry is a but fuzzy from this but I am pretty sure my sister was picked for the skit part, I think they were in a mall and she was on an escalator when the "Earthquake" hit.

I thinl you are exactly right. I knwo they had people in the skits with Earthquake, but it was different...and I couldn't remember how except it was based off the old movie "earthquake".

:rotfl2: That youtube video is so funny! My dd and her husband went to WDW on their honeymoon. Her TR was titled something like "is this a ride" because of that first video. Turns out... some people (like her dh) do actually ask "is this a ride":rotfl2:

It is funny. I understand asking if it is a ride...but then some people still keep asking, or get confused. When my DH asks me, I tell him just wait and see. :rotfl:

I have to agree with others, the park is very similar to DHS. All of your pictures are great!

I think some things are funny that others don't, like dumb movies. Sometimes dumber is better!

We have a bit a warped sense of humor at our house. We laugh at some really dumb stuff.

We did Disaster too. River loved it too and he really believes he is in a movie that they filmed there. I didn't have the heart to tell him any different. He's my little movie star:laughing:

Was River picked to be the kid then? That scene was so funny.

I'm late, but I'm subbing and all caught up! popcorn::

We are thinking about trying for a day or two at Universal this year, but it's just so hard to leave The World!!

I don't have much to add to your post about Disaster. We saw the show/attraction/ride once. It was ok. Worth doing.

I do want to comment on Christopher Walken. Several months ago, one of my Facebook friends posted a link of CW reading Where the Wild Things Are.

HILARIOUS!!! :rotfl2:

My kids came over to see what I was cracking up about- I had tears streaming down my face.

I would post a link here, but it is about 9 minutes long and not quite appropriate for a family board. Not terrible, but a few questionable comments.

If you get a chance, check it out.

I'm late, but I'm subbing and all caught up! popcorn::

We are thinking about trying for a day or two at Universal this year, but it's just so hard to leave The World!!

Thanks for joining in.
It is hard to leave the world, but Universal is a fun place too.

I don't have much to add to your post about Disaster. We saw the show/attraction/ride once. It was ok. Worth doing.

I do want to comment on Christopher Walken. Several months ago, one of my Facebook friends posted a link of CW reading Where the Wild Things Are.

HILARIOUS!!! :rotfl2:

My kids came over to see what I was cracking up about- I had tears streaming down my face.

I would post a link here, but it is about 9 minutes long and not quite appropriate for a family board. Not terrible, but a few questionable comments.

If you get a chance, check it out.

I will have to find that video, Is it on youtube? He is always so funny. He has that distinct way of talking.

After we left Disaster we decided it was time to work our way back to the front and head out. Claire said she had seen something in the Shrek gift shop and she wanted to use her money to buy it. We walked slowly and even took a small break and just enjoyed the views.

lollipop.jpg

umbrellatables.jpg

seafood.jpg

2012-03-27_19-09-54_521-1.jpg

cammery.jpg

games.jpg

I took these for Brook. She lives in NYC and there is a Starbucks on every corner practically.

starbucks.jpg

2012-03-27_19-14-36_720-1.jpg

We would watch this ride every so often…and there is NO WAY any of us would ever get on it. The 2 adults have lost all their spunk, and the little one is just smart.

riprocketroad.jpg

noblesteed.jpg

We made our way into the gift shop.

shreksyeoldeshoppe.jpg

And Claire went straight to him.

clairewithpus.jpg

He was cute…but another plushy…oh well….

We did get 10% off with our AAA card.

suckers.jpg

And here are the princess dresses I had mentioned earlier.

princessdressatus.jpg

And out we went, and I still had that camera clicking.

shrekposter.jpg

shrek4d.jpg

soundstage4d.jpg

mardegraspole.jpg

They are still working on the new Despicable Me ride.

dispmeconstruction.jpg

bettyboopcollection.jpg

leavingus.jpg

studioexit.jpg

Not a good picture, but here is the locker area.

restroomlockers.jpg

I stopped in here and took a quick look around. They had the thing 2 tank top and I debated on getting it, but I decided to wait again and see if anything else caught my fancy first.

itsawrap.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter