WONDERous adventures on the Panama Canal - 4/23/17

I think for my Galveston cruises it has been deck 3 cause they were putting up the tree when we got on last year. I am just so happy to be back on a ship that I really don't care what deck I enter on:laughing:

Me too. Entering the ship is only a matter of minutes and then you are off and running to somewhere else. Just let me on!

Just checking in with everyone! Hope planning is going well. It has been a super busy summer that I can't believe is almost over. Less than 6 months to PIF, got to get those pennies pinched away. :-)

I'm still making shirts for those interested. I will work on attaching an image when I get on my computer. We have been chatting with what we collectively would like to change or see, so if you have ideas, please let me know.

Ok all this talk, (I realize its not that much) on what deck you board on is rallying irking me. my take is WHO CARES?!?!?! You are on vacation. I mean you board on deck one from a port of call (OK on the first Hawaii cruise we used deck 3 as our on and off point and on the wonders first Panama cruise in Costa Rica we got off on deck three), does that make you feel like you have snuck on? Just wondering. I could board on deck ten as long as I get on that ship for two weeks and not have to have a care in the world.

Ok all this talk, (I realize its not that much) on what deck you board on is rallying irking me. my take is WHO CARES?!?!?!

I like to think all this chit-chat, regardless of topic, helps me get to know everyone on these boards better and share in the planning so I guess I care. :goodvibes:thumbsup2 We can find less antagonizing subjects out there though. :hug: I'd enjoy discussing all the locations and times it will be possible to find Tiramisu onboard, too. Years ago, I actually managed to locate it once a day on one of our 7-night Disney cruises. :lovestruc For some reason, while I don't like coffee or cream by themselves, my favorite dessert includes both... but that could just be my sweet tooth talking. Dessert is my favorite meal. :love: (I am really hoping that the Chocolate Buffet is still happening on this itinerary next year.) :cake:

I like Tiramisu! :smooth:

and........... the chicken strips on deck .........

and.......... going for a walk out on the top decks every night before I go to bed...........

and.......... watching from an upper atrium deck while the kiddos get to meet and interact with the characters......

and........... coming across Mickey and Minnie taking a stroll on Deck 4

and.......... hanging out in the adults only area at night even though I'm not an alcohol drinker. :drinking1

I love sitting outside where it's quiet enough to hear the ship going through the water :boat: Going to a movie or trivia is always fun. And there is just something about running into a character in the halls and having a moment with them.

What are some thing that you like?

Mickey ice cream bars from room service.

A blast of air conditioning on my hot shoulders as I step inside from the sun.

Knowing that I can have the Grand Marnier Soufflé for dessert and take the vanilla crime brûlée to the room for later.

Knowing that "later" is whenever I want it to be.

I have never had a Mickey ice cream:mickeybar onboard, only in the parks. Of course I have never ordered room service either so it will have to go on a list of things to do:D

I have never had a Mickey ice cream:mickeybar onboard, only in the parks. Of course I have never ordered room service either so it will have to go on a list of things to do:D

You can get one in the dining room too.

They are on the children's menu for dessert.

I've seen a lot of adults eating Mickey Bars..... myself included

Don't get me wrong, I like Mickey bars but I use a cruise to expand my food horizons, especially at dinner. I always try to order at least 1 thing I would normally never eat at dinner. Last year I learned that I like lingonberry desserts(thanks Frozen) and before the cruise I didn't even know what they were:laughing: Of course this does not mean I am eating escargot ever!

I am so much not a food person. Of course you wouldn't know it to look at me :p

I'm a very plain eater and I don't like to linger over meals. I especially don't like it when my plate comes out swimming in some sort of sauce :crazy2:

I like to eat and get back to doing whatever it is that I might prefer to do.

So, long slow meals in a dining room really do not appeal to me all that much.

I'm a very plain eater and I don't like to linger over meals. (...) I like to eat and get back to doing whatever it is that I might prefer to do.

So, long slow meals in a dining room really do not appeal to me all that much.

I've read in several trip reports about the Mid-Cruise Crisis, where people just can't handle another four-course dinner and bail out for burgers by the pool.

I must confess: I don't think I've ever had the chicken tenders. I'm pretty sure that at some point in our two weeks together, I'll give them a try!

I don't even try 4 courses at dinner unless you count 2 desserts as multiple courses:rotfl2: I think the only thing that I had read here that sounded good was the pretzel and I was not impressed with it. Pretty sure I have tried the tenders. If I am sitting up on deck I try to get a plate of fruit as it seems more of a cruise thing to me, don't know why. Must be an island thing!

Loving all the foodie-talk. :worship::teeth: I had a chance to try the Shawarma on the Magic a few months ago and it was :thumbsup2. I was thrilled to see how versatile it was (with a wide range of pick-your-toppings) and that DCL was actually trying new meal/snack items. The late night hot bar in the adult club area also had a different selection than usual some evenings, too. I love the idea of ordering two desserts in the MDR and taking one to-go... Adding that to my cruise-do list. Thanks, @MickeyEarrings!

I've read in several trip reports about the Mid-Cruise Crisis, where people just can't handle another four-course dinner and bail out for burgers by the pool.

I completely believe this can happen but have yet to experience this myself. No doubt, my eyes are always bigger than my stomach but somehow, my stomach always manages to rise to the challenge.:blush::lmao:

The only time I seem to hesitate on ordering food is while in ports. We usually prefer to eat for 'free' onboard. The only exception so far tends to be Cozumel, where we usually head over to the Atlantic side to relax for a bit at one of the shacks along the coast there. We're going to pay for drink whether we are on the ship or in port, but there's an added bonus of a great view there... so we usually splurge on some guacamole. It's an island thing, just how @Huskiesrule described it with the fruit plate. :beach: Is it lunchtime yet?

@runskyhy, that is so us. Why pay to eat off the ship when you've already paid for what's on the ship? Unless food is part of an excursion, we try to make it back to the ship for lunch and then off exploring again. My DCL cruise this November will be the exception as we are going to Key West and we've all agreed we need to find the BEST key lime pie. Any suggestions on that are welcome.

Another one in agreement with eating off the ship.

I don't understand why you would get off the ship and eat at the pub right beside the ship and pay for it.

But it's not my money so if that's what you like, go for it I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter