WONDERous adventures on the Panama Canal - 4/23/17

Anybody ever sailed on the Carnival Magic?

We only cruised with Carnival once, our very first cruise in 1994. I'd be willing to give it a try again.

Looking for something to do in early September and thought maybe that would be different. We are easy to please and not food snobs by any means.

We loved Royal Caribbeans Oasis and Allure and also Norwegian's Breakaway and Getaway.

Any input?

Okay... I'd love a link to a video of the new canal's opening that ACTUALLY show the first ship going through. I keep finding links to the live feed, but it's all showing a live panel of 5 news people speaking Spanish...

We decided we are not telling DD about the cruise -- just that we are going to WDW. Because we are sneaky like that!
My sister and I pulled that on my nephew and mom. Mom and I flew in the day before the cruise and my sister and nephew drove down to meet us. Mom knew she was going on a cruise but nothing about anyone else joining us in Orlando. My nephew thought he was just coming down to see grandma for the day before we cruised out. The video when we met at the airport is priceless when everyone finds out the truth. Seriously, make a video cause sometimes the reactions are just that good!

Anybody ever sailed on the Carnival Magic? Any input?

We've sailed Princess and RCCL Oasis. The Princess cruises were both relaxing and we really liked the Coral Princess layout, similar in size to the DCL classic ships. We took a Canadian Princess 7-night cruise out of NYC a few years ago in early October and loved the Canadian/New England ports... so much to do and see compared to the Caribbean/Bahamas. While we relaxed onboard, I was amazed at how much of a 'party boat' that itinerary was! The bars were packed full every evening. We loved the RCCL Oasis. Already have another Oasis vacation in the works. Sounds like you've sailed on several of the largest ships out there. Do you have a preference for larger ships? :sail:

We've sailed Princess and RCCL Oasis. The Princess cruises were both relaxing and we really liked the Coral Princess layout, similar in size to the DCL classic ships. We took a Canadian Princess 7-night cruise out of NYC a few years ago in early October and loved the Canadian/New England ports... so much to do and see compared to the Caribbean/Bahamas. While we relaxed onboard, I was amazed at how much of a 'party boat' that itinerary was! The bars were packed full every evening. We loved the RCCL Oasis. Already have another Oasis vacation in the works. Sounds like you've sailed on several of the largest ships out there. Do you have a preference for larger ships? :sail:

We've done 34 cruises and most of them being on smaller or mid sized ships... 14 of which were on the Disney Wonder or Magic ( plus twice on the Dream) along with several smaller to midsized RCCL and some NCL. We've also sailed the Epic, Breakaway, Getaway, Allure and Oasis.

We don't have a preference for larger ships really but have found them quite nice, especially the Oasis and Allure. Lots of nice quiet little spots to sit on those ships. The Breakaway and Getaway are also nice but harder to find good shady quiet spots to sit.

We are thinking of trying the Carnival Magic for something different. Sailed our very first cruise on a Carnival ship and never went back. Thought we should give them another try.

I'd love to do the Canadian cruise. That's on my list for sure. Being from Canada it seems kind of funny to go to New York and get on a ship and go back to Canada LOL! But I still want to do it.

We have decided to go with the Norwegian Escape out of Miami.

I'd love to do the Canadian cruise. That's on my list for sure. Being from Canada it seems kind of funny to go to New York and get on a ship and go back to Canada LOL! But I still want to do it.

I'm originally from the northeast and I felt the same way about visiting the American ports on that itinerary - Bar Harbor, Newport, and Boston - when we booked it, but actually, at the cost of an inside stateroom, we couldn't have driven the route for less than the cruise fare.

We have decided to go with the Norwegian Escape out of Miami.

Excellent! Gotta keep those sea legs in practice. :thumbsup2:rotfl: Can't wait to hear about it. What ports are on the itinerary?

What ports is everyone looking forward to on our cruise?

Excellent! Gotta keep those sea legs in practice. :thumbsup2:rotfl: Can't wait to hear about it. What ports are on the itinerary?

What ports is everyone looking forward to on our cruise?

The ports are pretty boring and ordinary but I quite often don't even get off the ship anymore. It goes to St. Thomas, Tortola and Nassau with the rest being sea days.

As for which ports I'm looking forward to on our Panama cruise, well, we missed all the Pacific side ones on our last Panama Canal cruise because of tropical storms and hurricanes (didn't see land for 9 days after we left San Diego). So, I guess all of them! Except maybe Cozumel. Been there a lot of times and don't have much desire to get off the ship there anymore. Did the Atlantis submarine tour there once and loved it though.

For this cruise I think once I get on the ship in PC I am not getting off till San Diego. Maybe Pureto Vallerta to use free wifi at the mall/Starbucks as my wifi on the ship maybe running out by then. We will see.

For this cruise I think once I get on the ship in PC I am not getting off till San Diego. Maybe Pureto Vallerta to use free wifi at the mall/Starbucks as my wifi on the ship maybe running out by then. We will see.

I could very easily do that too. I find that I enjoy just being on a ship and relaxing. The ports don't really appeal that much to me.

I am all for staying onboard at Cozumel. Been there, done that and bought the t-shirts. All the other ones we will at least get off the ship and maybe shop or do a little sightseeing. Depends on the weather also:umbrella:

I'll take the non alcohol one please! They look great. Thanks.

Will be nice to board into the lobby on deck 3 and have the whole PC experience -- our last cruise out of Miami had us board on deck 4.

I think for my Galveston cruises it has been deck 3 cause they were putting up the tree when we got on last year. I am just so happy to be back on a ship that I really don't care what deck I enter on:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter