WONDERous adventures on the Panama Canal - 4/23/17

I really don't know why I feel I need to book air now:confused3, but I just don't feel like waiting for SW to release their rates in September(or whenever). I keep seeing a flight out of San Diego at 10:40 am that I would love to book but I think that may be pushing it even with express walk off. Bad thing is if I don't grab an early flight I am stuck at the airport until 1 or 2 in the afternoon:faint: Making a decision is so hard!

Hi All, was thinking of changing my Mexican Riviera cruise to this one. Can any of you veterans tell me if my OBC from our last cruise can be used or is this a black out cruise? Thanks in advance! :worship:

......if I don't grab an early flight I am stuck at the airport until 1 or 2 in the afternoon:faint: Making a decision is so hard!

I'm sure there will be a few dozen new friends in that same boat who would be happy to join a new cruise friend for a tasty airport lunch!

Agreed...not a blackout date. When DCL released this batch of dates, at that time there was not blackout dates. Did they re-instate them on the latest opening? I sure hope not! I hope that is a concept that is gone for good!

We may be joining for lunch at the airport for a 12:45 pm flight. That's the one we are looking at now....not booked but very likely. Seems like that's a safe time for us, we have TSA pre check. Am hopeful that the addition of Uber and Lyft will have cut down that time to pick up a ride post-cruise

Yeah, cause we all haven't spent enough time with each other so let's do lunch at the airport on the last day - I can't decide if that thought is:thumbsup2 or :scared1: since we haven't met yet. Party in the airport!party:

Does your MR itinerary offer the same Mexican ports on the west coast, @sayuracodfish ? If so and you can swing the 2nd week of vacation time, then what are you waiting for?!? :laughing: :thumbsup2

I really don't know why I feel I need to book air now:confused3, but I just don't feel like waiting for SW to release their rates in September(or whenever). I keep seeing a flight out of San Diego at 10:40 am that I would love to book but I think that may be pushing it even with express walk off. Bad thing is if I don't grab an early flight I am stuck at the airport until 1 or 2 in the afternoon:faint: Making a decision is so hard!

I'd also love to get them set and paid off before the end-of-the-year holidays get here but with non-stop one-way fares quotes of $370 pp right now for the 1-way, 1-hour flight to MCO, I'm going to have to wait for SW fares to open up. :scared:

I'm sure there will be a few dozen new friends in that same boat who would be happy to join a new cruise friend for a tasty airport lunch!

LOL. I saw what you did there... :boat::rotfl2:

Yeah, cause we all haven't spent enough time with each other so let's do lunch at the airport on the last day - I can't decide if that thought is:thumbsup2 or :scared1: since we haven't met yet. Party in the airport!party:

What's one more :scared1: meal after 14 nights of them? Well, at least for those that will be at my MDR table. :rotfl: :goodvibes:woohoo:

I'd also love to get them set and paid off before the end-of-the-year holidays get here but with non-stop one-way fares quotes of $370 pp right now for the 1-way, 1-hour flight to MCO, I'm going to have to wait for SW fares to open up. :scared:
Yikes, where are you flying from that one way is so high. I'm planning on flying out of Chicago and it is sticking to less than $150 one way to MCO. Not sure that SW is really going to be cheaper, probably the same and I hate the airport they fly out of in Chicago so :confused3
What's one more :scared1: meal after 14 nights of them? Well, at least for those that will be at my MDR table. :rotfl: :goodvibes:woohoo:
Now I feel I should ask if you are main or late seating and is the entertainment at your table going to be enough that I want to sit close and watch? Not sit at your table mind you that might be :eek:, but close enough to tell others "OMG, did you see what they just did!"
We have officially booked this cruise!!! Yay!!! Me and the Hubby...3rd DCL cruise, 1st PC - can't wait!!!
:welcome: We are a fun bunch and will try not to scare you away.

We have officially booked this cruise!!! Yay!!! Me and the Hubby...3rd DCL cruise, 1st PC - can't wait!!!

Welcome!! :woohoo:

Yikes, where are you flying from that one way is so high. I'm planning on flying out of Chicago and it is sticking to less than $150 one way to MCO. Not sure that SW is really going to be cheaper, probably the same and I hate the airport they fly out of in Chicago so :confused3

Georgia. This is the highest I've ever seen prices and it's probably because its the end of Easter week. (We never take vacations during the holidays if we can help it.) I've checked both Travelocity and Kayak. Any other suggestions? Of course, I am only looking at non-stop flights because it doesn't make sense for us to trade a 1-hour, 10-minute non-stop flight for a multi-stop, 3+ hour flight with a layover to save possibly $100 pp... In addition to doubling our chances of lost luggage with plane changes, the two of us can drive to WDW in 6.5 hours from here on Saturday with a $75 1-way AVIS rental plus mileage - about $90 - (and even turn the car in at PC on Sunday at that price)... but at least we have a back-up plan. :goodvibes

Now I feel I should ask if you are main or late seating and is the entertainment at your table going to be enough that I want to sit close and watch? Not sit at your table mind you that might be :eek:, but close enough to tell others "OMG, did you see what they just did!"

ROTFLOL. Main. Unfortunately for my table neighbors, my only real talent is regularly sticking my foot in my mouth, which is usually not very entertaining for anyone. I will try to be on my best behavior for you all thought as our thread here has really been a lot of fun. :cool2:

Last edited:
Georgia. This is the highest I've ever seen prices and it's probably because its the end of Easter week. (We never take vacations during the holidays if we can help it.) I've checked both Travelocity and Kayak. Any other suggestions? Of course, I am only looking at non-stop flights because it doesn't make sense for us to trade a 1-hour, 10-minute non-stop flight for a multi-stop, 3+ hour flight with a layover to save possibly $100 pp... In addition to doubling our chances of lost luggage with plane changes, the two of us can drive to WDW in 6.5 hours from here on Saturday with a $75 1-way AVIS rental plus mileage - about $90 - (and even turn the car in at PC on Sunday at that price)... but at least we have a back-up plan. :goodvibes
Honestly if I was that close and for the price of the car, I would just drive as that would be cheaper than flying anyways. Now my drive is 22 hours so that's not happening! I think when SW releases their fares in the fall the major airlines may come down-or gas prices go up and airfare will follow, it's a game we play to see who will win. And it is usually not the customer.
@runskyhy, pleas don't behave yourself as being bad is more fun:earboy2:
Ok for those looking for air. I work for SWa and will be happy to post when we open for sale flights that will cover this cruise as I too am awaiting the date so I con book my one way from LAX to MCO.
We have an inside source-score!:woohoo:Thanks.

Thanks @aan1701 for the Southwest airfare schedule release timeline. :goodvibes

Honestly if I was that close and for the price of the car, I would just drive as that would be cheaper than flying anyways. Now my drive is 22 hours so that's not happening! I think when SW releases their fares in the fall the major airlines may come down-or gas prices go up and airfare will follow, it's a game we play to see who will win. And it is usually not the customer.
@runskyhy, pleas don't behave yourself as being bad is more fun:earboy2:

We have an inside source-score!:woohoo:Thanks.

Yep. For RT cruises out of PC we always drive. It's really easy (especially when he's driving and I get to knit.) :thumbsup2Usually flights to MCO are much less expensive from here and two one-way airfares should be similar to rental+fuel costs. We'll probably decide when the SW airfare are released and see what they look like. :bored:

Only 5 more days until the official opening of the new PC locks. :dancer:

Wish we lived that close. We'd drive and simply park at the port. Unfortunately for us, it would take 23 hours to drive. :(

If I lived that close I would probably be a WDW passholder again! I do miss having that but DCL took over:laughing:

I keep saying it doesn't get exciting until I am under 100 days. I'm still at over 150 for my November cruise:sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter