Wonder--10-day Hawaii to Vancouver 9/17/2015

Eeyorefanuk, I don't think there's really any sure way of predicting which "side" is better on this sailing. I was on the October 2012, and can't recall that one side would have been a strong preference over another. 1/2 of our cruise is going to be nothing but the Pacific as far as they eye can see for those 5 days, for BOTH starboard and port sides! :)

You can absolutely get "Frozen" if you go all the way to the top of Haleakala on Maui or Mauna Kea or Mauna Loa on the Big Island!!! :teeth:

I'm getting SO excited about our upcoming cruise!! I have a private tour booked on the Big Island, Feast at Lele on Maui as well as of course a rental car to show my DD#2 my favorite Maui haunts, and just booked a great tour for Kauai!!! WOOHOO!!! Now I need to make some more money to put away for all this fun……. :dogdance:

Aloha MJDisFamCruiser! Seriously?? That's kind of funny, since we are going to HAWAII!! LOL!! Oh well, I do love Frozen too…… Great to know formal night and Pirate night though! Should be great fun!!

I haven't seen this posted yet so in case any one is interested here are the dining rotations for the cruise:

Rotation 1: TAPTAPTAPT
Rotation 2: APTAPTAPTA
Rotation 3: PTAPTAPTAP

For newbies:
T= Triton's
A = Animator's Palate
P = Parrot Cay

Remember you eat breakfast at your last night restaurant.

Hope this helps with excursion and Palo planning! Enjoy.

My TimeHop app notified me that a year ago today, we booked this cruise (switched it from the San Diego to Vancouver that was a week ago)! Cannot WAIT for it! We're fiddling with some reservations for our 6 nights at Aulani right now while we wait for the Silver CC date to check in and start booking excursions/Palo/kids club. :-)

Aloha MJDisFamCruiser! Seriously?? That's kind of funny, since we are going to HAWAII!! LOL!! Oh well, I do love Frozen too…… Great to know formal night and Pirate night though! Should be great fun!!

Yeah, we thought it was kind of odd too...but I guess since it's so popular. Three years ago we did our first Alaska cruise and they had the "Pirates in the Caribbean Deck Party" and we thought that was kind of silly since we were in Alaska and not in the Caribbean...but when we went last year they changed it to the Pixar Pals party so I guess they thought it was odd too. But I am super excited for the Frozen night...well actually all the nights! :)

I haven't seen this posted yet so in case any one is interested here are the dining rotations for the cruise:

Rotation 1: TAPTAPTAPT
Rotation 2: APTAPTAPTA
Rotation 3: PTAPTAPTAP

For newbies:
T= Triton's
A = Animator's Palate
P = Parrot Cay

Remember you eat breakfast at your last night restaurant.

Hope this helps with excursion and Palo planning! Enjoy.
How do we know again which rotation we are on

I found this :)

http://www.koolina.com/events/hawaii-food-wine-festival

Even if don't go to it should be able see fireworks ?

This event looks great; although quite expensive. It's held at the Aulani lagoon so I would think we could see the fireworks (I've not yet been to Aulani). I'm going to try to contact the resort directly to see what areas will be closed off during the day. Sept 13 will be our first full day at the resort. Since the event starts at 5:00 I would think they will have the lagoon area closed off quite a bit of the day. That may change our plan to use that day as a resort day - we may switch and use that as an off-resort touring day. If I find out any additional information, I'll post it here.

This event looks great; although quite expensive. It's held at the Aulani lagoon so I would think we could see the fireworks (I've not yet been to Aulani). I'm going to try to contact the resort directly to see what areas will be closed off during the day. Sept 13 will be our first full day at the resort. Since the event starts at 5:00 I would think they will have the lagoon area closed off quite a bit of the day. That may change our plan to use that day as a resort day - we may switch and use that as an off-resort touring day. If I find out any additional information, I'll post it here.
Good thinking, thank you for letting us know if hear anything :)

Aloha again, Goofynut!

Okay, I can't swear to what the heck the weather will be on our 5 sea days returning to the mainland. I did the 14 nt R/T from LA to Hawaii in 2012 and it was actually quite chilly until we got within a day, day and a half of Hawaii. I would assume that we will get less than warm weather as we get farther away from Hawaii and farther north. Definitely bring stuff to layer.

Hawaii? Wow. This loveliest of U.S. states has every microclimate known to this planet save two. :teeth: At sea level the temperatures are pretty static year round on the leeward sides of the islands (the much drier western sides of the islands), averaging around 81 degrees F. Gorgeous temps! Winter brings more rain and the windward sides of the islands are rainier by far, which is why they are so verdant and gorgeous!

And remember that the highest mountains on the earth are the mountains of Hawaii. Yep, that's right. They actually start from the sea floor, but even above sea level, Haleakala on Maui is over 10,000 ft above sea level and Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa on the Big Island are about 13,000 ft elevation! WOW! So in just an hour or 2 one can drive from beautiful beach weather to where you need a serious coat and mittens! For real! Snow is common on the peaks of the BI mountains in winter. Haleakala gets occasional snow as well.

Expect gorgeous weather for most of your sightseeing. Bringing a light, water resistant jacket is a very good idea. And as said, clothing that can layer for warmth as needed. When we drive upcountry, I always take a jacket. We love the amazing variety that Hawaii offers. IMHO it is truly the most beautiful place God made on this planet. I cannot WAIT to return!! :love:

Unfortunately, posts have been removed from a number of Cruise Meets threads including this one.

PLEASE review the Cruise Meet Policy regarding Cruise Meet and Fish Extender programs. - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3353477

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted or offered by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions, etc.).

Cruise Meet threads are doing just fine still managing meet and FE discussions right here on the DIS as they have since FE began (also here on the DIS).

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin with child ages for age appropriate gift giving. Other information you would like to share such as names, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM.

For those posting in this Cruise Meet thread to join a FE, if no one comes forward to organize a FE for this cruise, anyone can organize the FE right in this thread.

DISboards Fish-Extender Basics

Enjoy!

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Okay, so is there someone that would like to organize an FE group from this thread?? I am about the least organized person I know, and between my 2 jobs, I don't really think the group wants ME to do it! :crazy: It could get SCARY!!! :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter