Wonder--10-day Hawaii to Vancouver 9/17/2015

Aw, Tink. You did NOT just say that! :flower3: Maui no ka oi!!! Perhaps it's just the DCL excursions that haven't intrigued you yet...
It very much is that the DCL excursions haven't excited me. I LOVE your description of Maui, I wish THAT was an excursion I could book!! :rotfl: I'm sure my hubby and I will find something to do. I have heard of Ululani's and will definitely be getting some Shave Ice yumm!

:sunny: No worries, Tink! I understand. But Maui is pretty fabulous. Read up a bit, ask whatever questions you might have. I think you'll love it. Upcountry is beautiful, even if you don't drive all the way up Haleakala. Lunch at the Plantation House at Kapalua offers amazing views with a different perspective, or you could have lunch at the Ritz-Carlton there or the new Montage resort that's opened in Kapalua. I hear great things about it.

There are tons of venues/restaurants that will have great live music in Lahaina and around the island. Pick up a Maui News or similar. Those tourist magazines that one can pick up free at the airport and various locations can be very helpful. Paia is a very funky town with a surfer vibe and lots of great little cafes and shops. Wailea in south Maui has gorgeous views and some high end shopping. There are some fun little cafes in Kihei in south Maui as well.

If you're driving and see a fruit stand or farmers market, STOP and check it out! Growing fruits and veggies in Hawaii is like growing them in the garden of Eden! Fabulous! If you do decide to drive upcountry, (the higher elevations) be sure to have some small bills with you in case you see an "honor" stand with flowers or produce. Some folks will have a little farm stand and leave a lockbox with a slot to drop your money in. Does anyone know if we are allowed to bring flowers back on the ship??? I'm thinking probably not, but if they do, you can bet I will be bringing some beauties back on board for our stateroom!!:rose:

Wow you are so knowledgable :)

I don't know if dh will feel comfortable hiring a car :(

It sounds fab though

Can you recommend any tour companies for maui and Honolulu?

Thanks again x

Last edited:
Aloha, Eeyorefanuk!

Maui for 2 days?? You are asking someone that is a FREAK over Maui!! We try to spend a month in Hawaii every other year, and the majority is always on Maui. I told God it's the most beautiful place He ever made! :lovestruc

Right now I have booked a "cat" (catamaran) for a sunset sail on our overnight so I don't have to worry about missing the boat. I looked at the DCL excursion but it's mighty pricey, plus I would prefer to go out of Ka'anapali in the evening as opposed to Maalea Harbor. Just personal preference, but Maalea can get a little choppy in the evening. I have booked lunch at Mama's Fish House in Paia, which is DIVINE. An incredible experience there, but you will pay dearly for it. The setting is exquisite and the fish so fresh the menu will tell you the fisherman's name and where he caught your fish. Amazing. But very expensive.

The cat sounds wonderful. Is Ka'anapali far from port? Have you got the link to the cat website?

x

Just curious what excursions everyone interested in via dcl :)

In Hilo we will probably do the Volcano National Park Odyssey and Macadamia Nut Factory Tour - Adults Only departure, and in Nawiliwili we will either do the Kipu Safari Kayak and Zip Adventure or Tubing the Ditch Expedition. ...I really want to go horseback riding, but my hubby is afraid of horses... *sigh* might go alone if I can find a good one in Honolulu pre cruise or in Maui.

Have you looked though yet?

Just curious what excursions everyone interested in via dcl :)
The excursions we are doing: "Maui Ocean center & tropical plantation", "Best of West Maui", "Volcano National Park odyssey & Macadamia Nut Factory", and "Kilohana Plantation, Wailua River, & 'Opaeka Falls"

We are platinum so we were able to book our excursions already. There were so many to choose from so we had a tough time deciding what we wanted to do especially since we have never been to Hawaii...but I think we made some good choices! :)

Hello :)

Still can't decide lol

I have looked up road to hana (non disney) which looks fab but a very long day

Think dh would like the movie set tour

Thinking of old lahuani lai but if we do Polynesian cultural centre circle island tour will that be the same evening "entertainment"

Anyone planning on going to palo? alcohol tasting?

Karen x

I've looked at a Road to Hana tour through another supplier and I think we will probably book that, the second day in Maui I want to get over to Lahaina to explore on our own so I just need to figure out transportation there. I'm leaning towards a luau pre cruise when we are in Honolulu. We definitely will do some alcohol tastings and Palo Brunch, also want to book a couple spa packages. Can't wait until the 19th so I can finally get this all booked... and I'm anxiously awaiting our cabin assignment as well, although I know it will be awhile before we get that.

Everyone's plans are sounding awesome!! Eeyorefanuk, yes. If you did the luau and the PCC on Oahu you would not need to do another luau. I left details in a PM to you.

Doing Palo?? You BET!!! Palo is one of our favorite restaurants anywhere! We love brunch and dinner there! I don't think they still offer high teas, do they??

I've looked at a Road to Hana tour through another supplier and I think we will probably book that, the second day in Maui I want to get over to Lahaina to explore on our own so I just need to figure out transportation there. I'm leaning towards a luau pre cruise when we are in Honolulu. We definitely will do some alcohol tastings and Palo Brunch, also want to book a couple spa packages. Can't wait until the 19th so I can finally get this all booked... and I'm anxiously awaiting our cabin assignment as well, although I know it will be awhile before we get that.

Road to hana does look fab doesn't it but a long day and lots windy roads lol

Are you thinking of doing the Polynesian cultural centre luau?

Everyone's plans are sounding awesome!! Eeyorefanuk, yes. If you did the luau and the PCC on Oahu you would not need to do another luau. I left details in a PM to you.

Doing Palo?? You BET!!! Palo is one of our favorite restaurants anywhere! We love brunch and dinner there! I don't think they still offer high teas, do they??

Hi :)

Did you see my ears prick up . . . High teas . . Not heard of that. Yum

Palo used to offer High Teas on certain at sea days as I recall. We did it once a number of years ago and loved it. :dogdance:

I did high tea at Palo on my first DCL cruise, however they discontinued it shortly after to make more time slots for brunch.... BOO! haha I LOVE going to high tea and there's was amazing!

We are thinking of doing the Paradise Cove luau in Honolulu, probably the night before we get on the ship.

Nice that you got to do the high tea as well, Tinker*bell! It was nice, but I have to say that out of all the offerings at Palo, brunch may be my favorite. They're all lovely!!

Paradise Cove should be nice for you! Are you staying next door at Aulani?

No unfortunately we will be staying in Waikiki. I wanted to rent points and stay at Aulani but there is no availability and I'm not willing to shell out a months rent for 3 nights there. Still playing with the idea of paying out of pocket for one night though... haven't booked the hotel aspect yet so we shall see!

Palo Brunch is one of my all time favourite things, can't wait to be back there, maybe more than once with 5 days at sea!

Yes, Aulani is pricey. I had a rez at the Outrigger Waikiki Beach while waiting to see if my DVC wait list came through. I wasn't entirely optimistic about this particular wait list but PTL it came through! That means less $$ out of pocket!! Woohoo!!

Even if you can't stay at Aulani, why not make a rez for lunch at AMA AMA and go out early and shop the stores and stroll the grounds?

we will for sure go for lunch and look around if we don't stay the one night. I'm quite excited to see it and spend some time there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter