Wonder--10-day Hawaii to Vancouver 9/17/2015

Have fun in the Baltic, CaptJackFan!

And Mahalo, dcannon101! Out of curiosity, what view 1 bdrm was it? I'm wait listed for the 16th in a 1 bdrm Gdn/Island view since I was able to snag the 15th for the same. Also w/l for both nights in an Ocean View Studio….. Thanks for the heads up!

aloha all, is it too late to sign up for FE exchange for this cruise? Just thought of it now.. hope it's not too late!!

Sadly we had to cancel this cruise due to DH's work schedule...but we booked Panama Canal in its place!

Have fun in the Baltic, CaptJackFan!

And Mahalo, dcannon101! Out of curiosity, what view 1 bdrm was it? I'm wait listed for the 16th in a 1 bdrm Gdn/Island view since I was able to snag the 15th for the same. Also w/l for both nights in an Ocean View Studio….. Thanks for the heads up!

I think it was a garden view. I believe it was the least amount of points for a 1 bedroom.

Mahalo, dcannon101. The least expensive Studio would be a Stnd view. Island/Garden view is next. Thanks again for the heads up!

Just put details below on normal dis cruise
What would you do

Thinking of booking few nights at aulani before getting cruise from honolulu

If I want to stay three nights and the cruise is 17th would YOU get there very early on 13th for three nights so get four full days there, then on 16th check in to hotel closer to port? Or just stay three nights from 14th and not have much last day there as go to port early?

(What is earliest time can arrive aulani and use facilities on day of arrival)

:)

DH and I are sailing also. PIF when purchased last month. Wait listed at Aulani for 12th to 17th, studio. But I will be calling them next week for a cash room as a back up.

Hi

Is there a roll call of who is going?

any cocktail classes etc being organised

Do not do facebook so am I missing out?

:)

Haven't seen a roll call, and I don't know that much is being organized here on the Dis... the thread hasn't been super active as I'm sure you've noticed. Seems that there has been a fair bit of turn over with who is going and who has changed plans.

Aloha Eeyorefanuk,

It's a holiday weekend here in the U.S., Memorial Day weekend, so lots of us are traveling and busy with family, etc.

Funny thing about the onboard gifts, I almost always order champagne for our stateroom to toast our sail away but when you go into the the gifts section it does NOT list Honolulu as a port where we can order. Weird… Perhaps if you give DCL a call they can clarify that?

I agree that lots of folks are making decisions whether to keep their bookings as the penalty periods ramp up. Longer cruises are bigger commitments in many ways, and on this sailing, one must fly to HNL to get on the ship. My DD#2 and I cannot WAIT!!! We are super excited!

Haven't seen a roll call, and I don't know that much is being organized here on the Dis... the thread hasn't been super active as I'm sure you've noticed. Seems that there has been a fair bit of turn over with who is going and who has changed plans.
Hello :)

Are you surprised like me that there is still alot staterooms left, thought since an "unusual " itinerary it would have been popular

Aloha Eeyorefanuk,

It's a holiday weekend here in the U.S., Memorial Day weekend, so lots of us are traveling and busy with family, etc.

Funny thing about the onboard gifts, I almost always order champagne for our stateroom to toast our sail away but when you go into the the gifts section it does NOT list Honolulu as a port where we can order. Weird… Perhaps if you give DCL a call they can clarify that?

I agree that lots of folks are making decisions whether to keep their bookings as the penalty periods ramp up. Longer cruises are bigger commitments in many ways, and on this sailing, one must fly to HNL to get on the ship. My DD#2 and I cannot WAIT!!! We are super excited!

They seemed to have every port except Honolulu

I know exactly what you mean. I am from the UK so still trying to get a flight

Dh as always wanted to go to hawaii

Have a lovely weekend

X

Aloha and YIPPEEEEEE!!! My DVC wait list JUST came through for my 2 nights pre-cruise in an Ocean View Studio!!!! SO HAPPY!!! Blessings from heaven…...

Are you surprised like me that there is still alot staterooms left, thought since an "unusual " itinerary it would have been popular

I am a little surprised it didn't sell out, however it is decently full I think, they don't really have enough availability for a *GT rate I don't believe (who knows I could be proven wrong), they did however offer a great rate to travel agents.

I haven't decided what we will do in Maui I've heard amazing things about Lahina so may rent a car or take a cab to that area for one day and I haven't decided if we will do a luau in Honolulu pre cruise or in Maui on the night we are there. The rest of the ports I have picked out what excursions we want, but nothing really appeals to me in Maui.

Aloha, Eeyorefanuk!

Maui for 2 days?? You are asking someone that is a FREAK over Maui!! We try to spend a month in Hawaii every other year, and the majority is always on Maui. I told God it's the most beautiful place He ever made! :lovestruc

Right now I have booked a "cat" (catamaran) for a sunset sail on our overnight so I don't have to worry about missing the boat. I looked at the DCL excursion but it's mighty pricey, plus I would prefer to go out of Ka'anapali in the evening as opposed to Maalea Harbor. Just personal preference, but Maalea can get a little choppy in the evening. I have booked lunch at Mama's Fish House in Paia, which is DIVINE. An incredible experience there, but you will pay dearly for it. The setting is exquisite and the fish so fresh the menu will tell you the fisherman's name and where he caught your fish. Amazing. But very expensive.

I have a car rented for both days, and plan on showing my DD#2 around "my" beloved Maui. It is her first ever trip to Hawaii. We will probably be going down to Wailea for some chocolates that my DD adores (we've brought them home from Maui for her, and then spend the rest of my day in West Maui, driving up to Kapalua for the amazing views. We will most likely grab a meal in Lahaina at one of the fabulous restaurants on Front St., and you can bet your bottom dollar we will be partaking of some Ululani's Shave (it's not "shaved", but "shave") Ice. Theirs is the BEST! And they now have a few locations on Maui. We will spend a little time in Paia and Makawao. Not sure if we will make it far enough upcountry to go to Kula, which I love. 2 days simply is not enough, but I will stretch that time as far as possible!!!

For someone that's never been to Hawaii, I think you would love Iao Needle, which is a short drive from the port in Kahului. You drive mauka (toward the mtns) into Wailuku. Lots of history about this verdant valley and it doesn't take long to explore at all. If you do drive south toward Wailea, you might drive all the way down to La Perouse Bay. It's the site of the last lava flow on Maui and the lava field is starkly beautiful.

The Road to Hana is beautiful, though you have to drive several miles before you start really getting into the curves and rainforest/jungle. Wainapanapa State Park is on the RTH and very beautiful.

There's a sugar mill museum near the airport. There are sugar cane fields everywhere. Charming shops amid the touristy "junk" shops, lovely, lovely, LOVELY views everywhere and breezes that are fragrant and soft. Ahhhhh. I can't WAIT!!

Going to the top of Haleakala, a dormant (not extinct) volcano is an amazing drive, especially since you go from sea level to over 10,000 ft elevation. Silver sword plants can be found only here and on the Big Island at very high elevations. The views are amazing, and the crater of Haleakala is so gigantic, it would hold Mahattan! Wow!

Okay, I could go on and on, but Maui, like all of Hawaii IMHO, is one of the most spectacularly beautiful places on the planet. Many species of flora and fauna are found only in Hawaii. I recommend you read up on Hawaii to find what interests you and your DH the most. If you are able, I would highly recommend either the Old Lahaina Luau or Feast at Lele luau. The are authentic and very well done. You would definitely have to do a luau on our overnight on Maui. And they may already be booked. If you're interested, you should call them right away. Hope all this helps a little bit. :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter