Wonder 10/18/15 West Coast Baja Mexico!

Just checking back in here, it has been a long time! We are currently busy planning the wedding and honeymoon so not too much planning has gone into this cruise, however we are still super excited about it! Welcome to everyone who has joined!

I'm sorry ibouncetoo but one small correction on the roster and that is my fault. We are actually from CA not Canada. I saw another family on the board that is from Canada and posted a welcome to them. The way I worded it makes it seem like we're from there so I apologize for the confusion.

Fixed it! :)

We're in! I just put our deposit down and will be surprising my wife with this as a getaway for just us two!! I have to keep it a secret until our anniversary in August :) That is going to be hard!! We'll be on the cruise during my wife's birthday so it's going to be a combo anniversary/birthday gift. :cool1:

It will be myself Mike and my wife, Diane. (ages 39 and 41 at time of cruise).

The other hard part will be keeping it a secret from our kids! This is just going to be a trip for my wife and I. We just got back from an amazing 7 day cruise on the Fantasy (TR in progress) which was a big family vacation. During and ever since the cruise my wife and I talked about how we would totally do a Disney cruise without kids... well I took that to heart and booked this little surprise! It's going to have to be one of those trips that we keep to ourselves for years to come! I This will be the first trip more then 2 nights away from our kiddos. Technically I still need to arrange childcare (my mom or mother-in-law) but we should be good to go! Still looking to book another family cruise in May 2016 as soon as those dates open up.

I saw some posts about a mixology so please let me know how we sign up! We did one on the Fantasy and totally enjoyed it.

We live in Bakersfield (southern California) so also excited we are driving distance to the port!
Cheers!

Hi Everyone - so glad I found our group! I am Jennie and will be sailing with DH (who i also an RN - guess a lot of us brought our own med team with us ha) and our three boys who at the time of sailing will be 11,9 and our little will turn 6 on board!

My sister and her boyfriend and my parents will be joining us a well. We have all cruised before on the Wonder (California Coast Pixar) except DH who could not get off of work last time.

We will be heading down from Northern Califonia and are so excited for another cruise out of the west coast - now they need to just keep them coming!

Hi, I'm new to the board and wanted to say hello. We are from San Diego so we are so excited to be sailing in and out of our home town!
We are traveling with our daughter (11), my sister and her hubby and their 4 year old son and then friends of ours and their 5 year old daughter.
We will being going through the canal in May from Miami to San Diego and it will be our fourth DC and then October will be our fifth DC and our fourth time on the Wonder. It will be a FUN cruise!!!!!

Oh my gosh that is crazy! We will definitely have to get together! I look forward to meeting you and your family!!!

For the PC cruise in May it will just be me and my 6- and 9-year-old boys, but in October we will be joined by my sister, her husband, his mother, and their son, who will be 7, and daughter, who will be 3, and most likely my husband. The MR cruise will be a complete surprise for my kids.. I'm planning to drive over to "say hi" to the ship, as we usually do when she's here in port, and I'll just say something along the lines of... "Well, maybe we should get on?" Well, as long as no one opens their big mouths and I can make sure their teachers understand that it's a secret!

For the PC cruise in May it will just be me and my 6- and 9-year-old boys, but in October we will be joined by my sister, her husband, his mother, and their son, who will be 7, and daughter, who will be 3, and most likely my husband. The MR cruise will be a complete surprise for my kids.. I'm planning to drive over to "say hi" to the ship, as we usually do when she's here in port, and I'll just say something along the lines of... "Well, maybe we should get on?" Well, as long as no one opens their big mouths and I can make sure their teachers understand that it's a secret!

Hi Erin,
For Mexico, we will be traveling with my sister, her husband, their four and a half year old son, some friends and their 5 year old daughter. It's so great to be in a DC port! Last Sept, Ava and I went down to the dock to wave bye to the ship as we had previous cruise friends on board who were sailing back through the canal. I swear, I hear the horns and I cry it makes me so happy!
We haven't told Ava about MR cruise yet, either. We don't want her britches to get too big, but we will tell her in July after she finishes with 5th grade. We surprise Ava with Disneyland a lot but she gets as excited about the cruises as we do, I let her enjoy the fact that she knows a cruise is coming up.
We are looking into the Med in 2016, but of course if their are any more MR cruises we will probably try and book one.

Just upgraded today to a category 5B verandah stateroom from a deluxe ocean view stateroom. So happy about that! Can anyone tell me based on your experience how you liked the verandah over the other rooms? I'm pretty sure it's a silly question but I'd love to hear your opinions!!

Updated the roster!

Disneymommy79, you will love having a verandah! Lots of obvious reasons, but one I like is that it is somewhere to 'go' while you wait for the rest of the folks in you cabin to finish getting ready!!! LOL!

Unfortunately, posts have been removed from a number of Cruise Meets threads including this one.

PLEASE review the Cruise Meet Policy regarding Cruise Meet and Fish Extender programs. - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3353477

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted or offered by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions, etc.).

Thanks for your cooperation.

Has the FE list for this group been started? I can't remember which cruises I'm signed up for it yet!

Has the FE list for this group been started? I can't remember which cruises I'm signed up for it yet!

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin. Other information you would like to share such as first names, ages of child participants, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM.

For those posting in this Cruise Meet thread to join a FE, since no one has come forward recently to organize a FE for this cruise here on the DIS, please feel free to start the FE right in this thread.

There is certainly plenty of time to plan a FE for this cruise. All it takes is for someone to maintain a list of/for those participating which can easily be done in this thread. Cruise Meet threads have been doing it this way for years now here on the DIS. If anyone is interested in doing this, feel free to contact me for some suggestions.

DISboards Fish-Extender Basics

Enjoy! :)

PLEASE review the Cruise Meet Policy regarding Cruise Meet and Fish Extender programs. - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3353477

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted or offered by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions, etc.).

Hi all, only 6 months left to go! :hourglass lol.

This was going to be a surprise trip for just my wife and I but DCL sent something in the mail my wife opened. She called me at work and asked if there was something I wanted to tell her... It was supposed to be an anniversary surprise but I had to let the cat out of the bag. Oh well, she gets to enjoy the excitement of a prolonged anticipation right? Now we just have to make sure the kids don't find out! Since it's just my wife and I this time my kids would probably have a fit if they found out we were going on a Disney cruise without them >:(.

I originally booked us in an inside stateroom but my wife convinced me to upgrade to a Cat 6a so we would have a verandah. Not exactly cheap but I am excited to have a verandah again :)

I sent rentayenta a PM with our names to sign us up for mixology! Excited about it all, something fun and relaxing to look forward to!

See ya real soon!

Went on our first Disney Cruise May 2014 Fantasy West Caribbean! Fell in love with Disney Cruise! We are from Southern CA so we were so excited to see Disney on the West coast!! Is this for the FE group? The one we participated in for the Caribbean was on a FB page, so this is new to me. I'm looking to find a group for the Oct 18, 2015 Baja Wonder cruise! Thanks!! Also, looking for any information I can to make the trip amazing!!

I'm hoping that this group is forming a FE on this thread and not somewhere else prohibited by the DIS. On my upcoming cruise they have formed it on a site whose name may not be spoken on the DIS and people are getting banned left and right for steering people towards that other site. I urge the original poster to come here and let us know what she is doing with the FEE. I'm considering creating a second thread for this cruise for a DISboards only FEE, so that families who come here inquiring can be given real information and not vaguely convinced to go elsewhere. I like the DIS and hate to see the FEEs migrate to other sites.

Please, if anyone is forming a FEE will you speak up here? Otherwise I'm going to create a separate thread so I can organize a DIS based FEE.

Yes, there is probably an FE exchange being organized on another site, but that doesn't mean you can't start one here too :). And I don't think you need to start another thread - just do it right here so all the info is in one place. We aren't really interested in the FE thing anymore, but I definitely think if you start one here others will join. Good luck whatever you decide!

Yes, there is probably an FE exchange being organized on another site, but that doesn't mean you can't start one here too :). And I don't think you need to start another thread - just do it right here so all the info is in one place. We aren't really interested in the FE thing anymore, but I definitely think if you start one here others will join. Good luck whatever you decide!

Thanks, the only reason I wanted to start another thread is that I can put all the pertinent information in the first post and keep referring people back to the first post. Because someone else started this thread, I can't access that post. It's become rather dicey with the new rules on my cruise next month and I'm afraid if we don't have a DIS based FEE on this thread, there are families that are going to miss out. The enforcement is only going to get more strict, and I completely understand and support it, but I hate the tiptoeing around that is going on my upcoming cruise thread.

There is not a lot going on here. I'll give it a while and see if anyone else chimes in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter