Wine and Dine 2015

I keep printing slower pace bands and adding songs to the playlist. I could easily be two corrals back and fit right in. The effort will still feel horrible. We had that cool spell and got spoiled...

I get to 2:00 slower per mile using following page (if not by feel):
http://www.over40runner.com/info/RunningInTheHeat.html

This is scaring me. It will be hard to slow down to roughly a 13/mi as internally I'm used to a bit faster pace- but on top of which if we all slow don roughly 1-1:30; those who normally pace at 13-14/mi are going to be cutting it close. I wouldn't photo op too much if I were them. Heck, I might not photo op too much myself.

Ugh if the heat an humidity is as bad as the last Tower of Terror this may end up being a self pull. I got heat exhaustion earlier this year and since then have gotten it twice. Doctors said once you over heat like that it is so much easier for it to happen again. Also doesn't help that Disney only sells powerade because I can't drink it. I really need Gatorade so may have to ask my friend to make a stop for me. I'm actually allergic to something in powerade so it would be the end of the race for me at the first water stop if I drank it.

Some good news - I will say that when I was able to get out into a more open area (like the parking lot at MK, as opposed to being sandwiched in the park with 50,000 other people), the breeze felt very nice. For we Floridians, this is MUCH nicer weather than summer. But I think it's probably pretty warm by more northern standards.

Ugh if the heat an humidity is as bad as the last Tower of Terror this may end up being a self pull. I got heat exhaustion earlier this year and since then have gotten it twice. Doctors said once you over heat like that it is so much easier for it to happen again.
Bolding is mine - 100% true. Be careful! I've had heat stroke once and came dangerously close a couple other times; I'm far more susceptible to heat-related illness now. I'd put the weather now at warmer than last year's TOT, which had the freak cold front, but cooler and more comfortable than 2013 or 2012.

Sorry - got that beat - look up the 1991 World Series. I actually threw up after that game. It made me physically ill.

Was that the one with Eric Gregg as home plate ump? I just watched a video the other day of him calling balls and strikes in a WS game with the Braves and I swore to myself I would never complain about balls and strikes again.

Bolding is mine - 100% true. Be careful! I've had heat stroke once and came dangerously close a couple other times; I'm far more susceptible to heat-related illness now. I'd put the weather now at warmer than last year's TOT, which had the freak cold front, but cooler and more comfortable than 2013 or 2012.

This is absolutely medically true. And I've had it too- which makes me a little more worried. I think we all will have to slow down a bit, hydrate, and replenish like crazy. I won't quit; because that's just the crazy nut I am (it's insanely hard for me to give up- I'm really tough on myself) but knowing that is why I said the weather report is scaring me- I'd be the idiot trying to keep going even though I really honestly shouldn't.

Will definitely listen to my body. Not sure if it was true heat stroke, may have been heat exhaustion, but I was in Vegas for my fiances birthday and I got over heated and then spent the entire night on the bathroom floor with my body going between extremely hot to extremely cold and I was throwing up. Thought it was the flu but once I got liquids and the ability to adjust my body temperature I was fine. Then I was at the US Open where it was ridiculously hot and after about 4 hours in the direct heat I was flush, sweating more than I ever had, and couldn't hold down food again. My ankles were even so swollen that I had to adjust the straps on my Teva's 3 times. After the last time I told my fiance to take me home as I didn't think I could get a train back to the city by myself and I need to sleep. Took a cool shower and then a 3 hour nap and felt like a new person.

This is absolutely medically true. And I've had it too- which makes me a little more worried. I think we all will have to slow down a bit, hydrate, and replenish like crazy. I won't quit; because that's just the crazy nut I am (it's insanely hard for me to give up- I'm really tough on myself) but knowing that is why I said the weather report is scaring me- I'd be the idiot trying to keep going even though I really honestly shouldn't.

That was me last year and at the Tower 2 years prior. The 2nd Tower I took my top off and kept going. I honestly should have pulled myself but I actually did great. Last year at Wine and Dine I rolled my ankle. I limped and cried the whole 2nd half and finished just after the balloon ladies but hey I finished.

Was that the one with Eric Gregg as home plate ump? I just watched a video the other day of him calling balls and strikes in a WS game with the Braves and I swore to myself I would never complain about balls and strikes again.
That was the 1997 NLCS (Braves vs. Marlins) - aka, the worst called game in MLB history.

I keep printing slower pace bands and adding songs to the playlist. I could easily be two corrals back and fit right in. The effort will still feel horrible. We had that cool spell and got spoiled...

I get to 2:00 slower per mile using following page (if not by feel):
http://www.over40runner.com/info/RunningInTheHeat.html
That page falls in line with Galloway's advice that for every 10° above 60 you should expect to drop your pace by 1:00/mile. That always seems like a smart thing to do right until the gun goes off and then I am back into the habit of the goal time I have been training to for the last 4 months. I expect to have my fun 'heat headache' all day on Sunday.

What happened to this great weather all the runners promised the Wine & Dine had when we were waiting in the ToT corrals back in 2012 & 2013. I get rain last year (though I did set my old man, sorry Master's, PR) and an odd ToT vibe coming for this year.

Hey, I'm still bitter that you guys beat us (Cleveland) in 1995. I was 11. STILL BITTER!

And yeah...I'm from CLEVELAND. As far as sports misery goes, beat that! :rotfl2:
That was our only WS win. You had the best offensive club in the history of the game. We had the best pitching staff in the live ball era.

That was the 1997 NLCS (Braves vs. Marlins) - aka, the worst called game in MLB history.
1997 was a sad year for the C-L-E too (yes, I need to move on with my life).
That was our only WS win. You had the best offensive club in the history of the game. We had the best pitching staff in the live ball era.
I know, we were sooo good in the 90s. It really was amazing to see.

My husband was a Braves superfan growing up - he LOVES Glavine, Smoltz and Maddux and went to the HoF induction last year. :)

I have a handheld water bottle by Nathans that also has a phone holder in it. Not sure if you want to spend the extra money but I'm thinking of bringing it this time.
My Nathan bottle has a pouch on it but it's not big enough for my phone. I usually keep one of my gels in it with my ID, some cash, and my plastic baggie that I use to put my empty gel packets in so they don't make a mess. The main reason I was going to run with the hand strap case, though, was so I could take pictures more easily, not to have someplace to carry it. I'll just put it in one of the leg pockets on my sparkle skirt... but now I'll have to dig it out every time I want to take a photo.

How weird would it be if I stop at a water stop somewhere along the way and try to fill up my bottle? I know I will drink through the 20oz bottle before the race is over, and I might want to refill it and drop another Nuun in there. They aren't going to kick me away from the table if I stop and pour like 5 cups of water in it, are they? Or is there something more convenient to refill a bottle with at the water stops? I don't really remember from my last race, I only remember the cups.

How weird would it be if I stop at a water stop somewhere along the way and try to fill up my bottle? I know I will drink through the 20oz bottle before the race is over, and I might want to refill it and drop another Nuun in there. They aren't going to kick me away from the table if I stop and pour like 5 cups of water in it, are they? Or is there something more convenient to refill a bottle with at the water stops? I don't really remember from my last race, I only remember the cups.

Not weird at all. In years it has been ridiculously hot they have filled my bottle to the top from a water bottle and not the cups.

You'll pretty much all beat me there; we aren't driving out until Friday morning. We live in Tallahassee so we'll probably leave around 7:00 a.m. (if I can get my husband from the bed to the car that early :rolleyes:) so we can get to the expo around 11 a.m. I really want that tank top and I'm worried it'll sell out early.

We don't leave until Friday morning as well and have a 6 hour drive and an hour time difference. Ugh. We plan to leave at 7am. My dad will leave to take kids to school and we'll leave at the same time. I'm a little worried about merchandise, but we'll just pray what we want is there.

I also carry a handheld Nathan water bottle and just like having my water available to me when I want it. @Miranda at Princess they had people with bottles of water refilling runner's bottles. (They had this at the 10K and it wasn't super hot.) My husband has been running with a Camelbak and filling my bottle while we run out of that. It's a little messy sometimes, but it works.

My Nathan bottle has a pouch on it but it's not big enough for my phone. I usually keep one of my gels in it with my ID, some cash, and my plastic baggie that I use to put my empty gel packets in so they don't make a mess. The main reason I was going to run with the hand strap case, though, was so I could take pictures more easily, not to have someplace to carry it. I'll just put it in one of the leg pockets on my sparkle skirt... but now I'll have to dig it out every time I want to take a photo.

As PP have said they'll fill it for you, especially during a hotter race. If I remember correctly, the people that did this were at the end of the tables (so you'd pass the ones giving out the cups and there would be people waiting with big bottles of Dasani water).

Not weird at all. In years it has been ridiculously hot they have filled my bottle to the top from a water bottle and not the cups.
As PP have said they'll fill it for you, especially during a hotter race. If I remember correctly, the people that did this were at the end of the tables (so you'd pass the ones giving out the cups and there would be people waiting with big bottles of Dasani water).
Thanks guys! I will keep an eye out for them. :) At least if I'm carrying my Nuun bottle and mostly drinking that, I won't have to try and drink and walk at the same time. I am really terrible about getting the water from the cup into my mouth... at races I usually grab a cup (or two in the hot races) and then pull off to the side of the road and stand still and drink it. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter