• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

wind blowin',sun shinin',Soarin'on a magical celebration!April/10: Final thoughts!

Shannon~ if you only knew. Danny bought the car (and to this day I still can't believe he bought that thing! :eek: )...it is a pretty car to look at and to them it sounded sooooo good...but, the motor needed to be rebuilt. They got it running and planned to rebuild it over the summer. Finally, they pulled the motor earlier this summer brought it to a friend to rebuild and than decided to buy one the guy had already built a few years back; from some guy that had bought it and needed money. Sooooo, this project is now dragging on for two years; at least he was able to drive it last year. I cannot stand projects like this....we do not have the money for project cars and cars like this ALWAYS need tinkering and money...I believe Dayne's latest plans is once he has the car running he wants a street bike to go back and forth to school (which again I do NOT like)...Gwendolyn and Danny have been wanting bikes for a while too :eek: :headache:
I told all three of them if they get bikes they need a life ins and disablitly policy to cover their outstanding bills and the cost of taking car of someone handicap or a burial policy... can you tell I don't like bikes...

what ever...he is young, does not have a girlfriend (his daddy was like that~ you can't have a girlfriend and a project car--unless you have unlimited funds and he does not have that)...

sorry I'm rambling...that is what happens when I stay up from 4:30 and drink a pot of coffee :hyper:
have a great day! :wave: Connie

I know you'll be glad when they get the car up and running. It does seem like it's the never ending project. Too bad that you couldn't meet Dana. She and her family are such sweethearts.

Sounds like Skip and his pulling tractor. He said for years the tractor was way more important than dating.

Don't stress about getting the last day up. We will still be here.:goodvibes

Can't wait til you get your car back! Looking forward to meeting you and Ashton!:)

Boys and their toys. Every man has to have something that us women just can't understand. Puleez somebody tell me what is so great about fantasy football?:laughing:

Oops, wanted to say that it looks like we won't be traveling into New Orleans this weekend. I think the aquarium will have to wait until after disney. Trying to watch our money before the trip, and everytime I turn around the kids are needing money for something else school related.

Hiya! Ashley
I brought the kids to the aquarium last Friday--we have a memebership. Should only cost gas and parking right! :eek:
I spent close to $70; so, I can appreciate what you are saying...
no worries...we will get together soon!!!
:wave2: Connie

Hiya! Ashley
I brought the kids to the aquarium last Friday--we have a memebership. Should only cost gas and parking right! :eek:
I spent close to $70; so, I can appreciate what you are saying...
no worries...we will get together soon!!!
:wave2: Connie

Hijacking: We have the zoo/aquarium annual pass.. and haven't gone to the zoo one time this year.. You must have got stuck in the souvenier shop?? ;)

Hi! Anglea
yes, I spent $30 in the gift shop :eek:
I have never been one for souvies but Ashton was able to cash in on his reward stickers for a job well done, and I had Chloe with us so of course I had to buy her something (I seem to spend more money than I make on those two--and she is not even mine)...

after Ashton's surgery last year we started having potty problems...because of his incision and bruised ribs, they told me if he did not mind let him use a diaper instead of trying to handle him by putting him on and off the potty. While he did great going back to doing #1 on the potty we could not get him to go #2 (he had gotten constipated and said it hurt and just would not even try :mad: )...well, after a year of alot of pushing, leaving him alone, pushing again, trying different reward methods, having talks with him...EVERY THING I could think of...he has finally :yay:; decided to use the potty again. I think this turned out to be the worse part of his recovery...

so, anyway he loves playing with dinosaurs and all sorts of animals...
as his reward he bought an octopus, jellyfish, stingray, otter, and one other animal I can't think of; she bought a necklace and wallet (which I had to put money in :confused3

so, gas, $3 for the Causeway, $12 lunch, $10 parking, $30 gift shop our field trip cost more than I made last week!

and feel free to comment on ANYTHING we talk about never feel like you are hi-jacking...

I will have to see if I have any pics from last week and post a few --just to share...

this was one of the best visits in so long...we had just entered as a school group was leaving and the aquarium did not have very many people; it, was so nice being able to let the kids run around from tank to tank without having to worry crowds

Photo0351.jpg

Photo0355.jpg

Photo0356.jpg

Photo0363.jpg

Photo0389.jpg

Emma and Buck! the otters--the kids were amazed at their toys
Photo0395.jpg

Photo0409.jpg

I try to do something with them every Friday (as Dayne has my car every Tu/Th)...we are planning the Mandeville Trailhead this Friday and next week probably the zoo...Hammond is opening a Children's museum in Oct so we can't wait to explore and have fun there!!

a few shots from our Zoo field trip on Sept 3
007.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

our beautiful white tigers...
I could not get over how they were laying together and one had her paw on the other...too cute!

020.jpg

023.jpg

026.jpg

I had decided to ride the horse next to Chloe...this was the first time I did not ride on the side of Ashton I think he was scared...
043.jpg

but recovered quickly
046.jpg

and fun on Monkey Hill
(back story-- in the '50's they built Monkey Hill so the kids of N.O. would see what it was like to play on a hill...I love the improvements to it and the kids love it too!)
083.jpg

086.jpg

097.jpg

Great pictures of the zoo. We have not been in about two years. I guess it's time for us to go back. Love the pictures.

Hi Connie!

Cute, Cute Zoo and Aquarium pics!

Oh...and so sad that you're on the last day of your trip. Sad to leave Orlando and sad that your report is coming to an end. :sad2:

A project car sounds like a money pit! My non-project cars can be money pits! Jeff's car's brakes just bit the dust...UGH!

Hi! Anglea
yes, I spent $30 in the gift shop :eek:
I have never been one for souvies but Ashton was able to cash in on his reward stickers for a job well done, and I had Chloe with us so of course I had to buy her something (I seem to spend more money than I make on those two--and she is not even mine)...

after Ashton's surgery last year we started having potty problems...because of his incision and bruised ribs, they told me if he did not mind let him use a diaper instead of trying to handle him by putting him on and off the potty. While he did great going back to doing #1 on the potty we could not get him to go #2 (he had gotten constipated and said it hurt and just would not even try :mad: )...well, after a year of alot of pushing, leaving him alone, pushing again, trying different reward methods, having talks with him...EVERY THING I could think of...he has finally :yay:; decided to use the potty again. I think this turned out to be the worse part of his recovery...

so, anyway he loves playing with dinosaurs and all sorts of animals...
as his reward he bought an octopus, jellyfish, stingray, otter, and one other animal I can't think of; she bought a necklace and wallet (which I had to put money in :confused3

so, gas, $3 for the Causeway, $12 lunch, $10 parking, $30 gift shop our field trip cost more than I made last week!

and feel free to comment on ANYTHING we talk about never feel like you are hi-jacking...

I will have to see if I have any pics from last week and post a few --just to share...

Ohh, poor ashton... I feel you, we had some problems with Jarrott too..

And.. that gift shop as you leave the zoo always gets me!

I have also tried to do the Handy Manny photo in my siggie and the one of my dad and Ashton at AK...but, cannot seem to upload it...anyone else having problems with it only selecting a few of the photos in an album?!?

Don't stress about getting the last day up. We will still be here.:goodvibes

Can't wait til you get your car back! Looking forward to meeting you and Ashton!:)

Boys and their toys. Every man has to have something that us women just can't understand. Puleez somebody tell me what is so great about fantasy football?:laughing:

OOOOOH I know the answer to this one

Absolutely nothing!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter