• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

wind blowin',sun shinin',Soarin'on a magical celebration!April/10: Final thoughts!

The pictures of the aquarium really makes me wish we were able to go today. Looks like Ashton and Chloe had a good time. Think I may have to take a trip to the zoo too when we get to go to the aquarium. The kids have never been, just to the Baton Rouge one. Definitely want to wait until it gets cooler for the zoo. Maybe not being able to go this weekend was a good thing.:confused3

And I hadn't heard about the children's museum in Hammond. Please pm me the info if you have it handy!:goodvibes

COBRAND_NAME=snapfish

http://www1.snapfish.com/snapfish/slideshow/AlbumID=3247758015/PictureID=145260934015/a=138273033_138273033/otsc=SHR/otsi=SPIClink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/
still not figuring it out...
can you see the link if you click on it?!?

watching the news about relaxing and vacations:
here are a few hints from the experts that I think we already knew...
START PLANNING YOUR NEXT ONE AS YOU ARE LEAVING THE CURRENT ONE!!! :mickeyjum :thumbsup2

here is one we just about all have at least one person in our group
TURN OFF THE CELL PHONE AND TECH FOR BUSINESS REASONS...

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

START PLANNING YOUR NEXT ONE AS YOU ARE LEAVING THE CURRENT ONE!!! :mickeyjum :thumbsup2

Too funny. My DH wouldn't agree with either! I don't mind the phone, but it sue would be nice to have on booked for the next year when we leave.

I am always in "Disney vacation planning" mode. While we are at Disney, I'm planning on when we'll go back to Disney.:laughing:

You already know how the "turn off the cell phone" idea works out for our family. John's phone is constantly ringing on vacation.

OK! guys I ordered my US/IOA pictures finally should be in by the end of the week and I just need to scan them in so I'll try and wrap this up next week!!!

Hope everyone is having beautiful weather and enjoying fall!!!
for those stuck in the rain--hope it passes quickly...
:sunny: :wave: Connie

OK! guys I ordered my US/IOA pictures finally should be in by the end of the week and I just need to scan them in so I'll try and wrap this up next week!!!

Hope everyone is having beautiful weather and enjoying fall!!!
for those stuck in the rain--hope it passes quickly...
:sunny: :wave: Connie

Can't wait to see them, Connie. :hug:

Can't wait to see your pics. We keep going back and forth about visiting US/IOA. My girls are not into the big rides, so I don't know if they would really enjoy it.

Can't wait to see your pics. We keep going back and forth about visiting US/IOA. My girls are not into the big rides, so I don't know if they would really enjoy it.
I'm trying to remember about how old your girls are?!?
they would love Seuess Landing at IOA, (do they like rollercoasters like Big Thunder Mtn RR and Splash Mtn) they would enjoy IOA except for the Hulk and Dr Doom's free fall. Universal is a very mild park only have two big rides; the MUmmy and Rip Ride Rocket it...but, they have ET, Nick, Shrek, Jaws, Men in Black, th Simpsons, Earthquake, Tornado (you stand up and watch a tornado scene).... US/IOA is a blast and a lot of fun; BUT, it is NOT disney!

I'm trying to remember about how old your girls are?!?
they would love Seuess Landing at IOA, (do they like rollercoasters like Big Thunder Mtn RR and Splash Mtn) they would enjoy IOA except for the Hulk and Dr Doom's free fall. Universal is a very mild park only have two big rides; the MUmmy and Rip Ride Rocket it...but, they have ET, Nick, Shrek, Jaws, Men in Black, th Simpsons, Earthquake, Tornado (you stand up and watch a tornado scene).... US/IOA is a blast and a lot of fun; BUT, it is NOT disney!

They are 10 and 5. 10 year old likes splash mtn and rnrc, but nothing else. 5 year old is scared of just about everything. That's another thing, when we go, we can fill our days with Disney, how would we squeeze in anything else.

They are 10 and 5. 10 year old likes splash mtn and rnrc, but nothing else. 5 year old is scared of just about everything. That's another thing, when we go, we can fill our days with Disney, how would we squeeze in anything else.
I think they would enjoy both IOA and US but if they have never been they won't miss it! Ashton enjoys both! as does my entire family...but everyone will tell you US is not Disney. In fact some of the attractions at IOA has been downgraded you can say. the Cat in the Hat use to bounce kinda like the Pooh attraction and now you just ride through even Ashton noticed it this last trip.

My US pictures came in today but now I have to scan them so hopefully by the weekend I will be able to conclude things!

OT: a bit
last Tuesday Ashton went to a social at the local PRE-K and met Ronald McDonald; the guy put on a really cute show and did a sortof circus with the kids...
2010006.jpg

on Friday we went to the Zoo again
I try to do something new each time we go this go round we went watch th Creature Feature
Ashton was brave enough to pet a Norwegian Rat, Austraillian (sp) blue tongue skink, a baby hedgehog, and a constrictor
Photo0424.jpg

Photo0426.jpg

Photo0427.jpg

today Ashton went for his dental check up he did so well that he got his very first Hot Wheel track--Buzz Lightyear "falling with style"
Photo0456.jpg

AND
Nickie (my2disneyboys) and Becki (ladybugmom) had shared some pics of some finds at Walgreens so today we finally made it over...
here are some of our Disney finds
Photo0457.jpg

Photo0458.jpg

Photo0460.jpg

be back later with the rest of Universal Studios and a wrap up of our April 2010 trip!

I agree with Kathy....Ashton is a braver person than I am. I've only petted (is that a word?) a snake once and that was at the Animal Kingdom. It was a big constrictor and I was trying to act all brave for the little ones around me.

I'm confused about the US pictures? Did you not use your digital camera there? Or are these something different?

I'm confused about the US pictures? Did you not use your digital camera there? Or are these something different?
Yes, I did have them on digital BUT we had a computer problem and I lost them so the only copy I had of them was snapfish (I did not upload them photobucket :sad2: )
I lost several videos I did not upload, too! so,

I didn't realize they changed the Cat in the Hat. when we were there in 2008 it bounced. how sad that they changed it. I wonder why.

Nice Walgreens finds.

Yes, I did have them on digital BUT we had a computer problem and I lost them so the only copy I had of them was snapfish (I did not upload them photobucket :sad2: )
I lost several videos I did not upload, too! so,

Ok. I must've missed that somewhere. LOL!

Such cute things from Walgreens. May have to make a trip there!

Looks like Ashton is having fun with that Buzz track.

Ashton was very brave to touch all of the animals!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter