wind blowin',sun shinin',Soarin'on a magical celebration!April/10: Final thoughts!

With a sad heart I am finally coming around to our last day in FL theme parks. Our last day was to be spent at Universal Studios...we choose this park for this day due to longer hours the day before at IOA and longer day here at US.

Danny, Ashton and I got to the gates about an hour after they opened. Gwendolyn, Dayne and gang were there for opening. My parents stayed behind and slept in the week was really catching up with them and my dad is not that crazy about US/IOA to begin with. He made mention he wished he would have done a one day ticket or no tickets and went spent the day at NASA and the outlets (for mom).

Now, today was the day we were very very happy to have the Express passes. Being a Friday really made a difference on the crowd levels;although, it was still not bad levels compared to May of the year before.

As we entered we called the kids to see where they were. Gwendolyn and Joe had said they were going back to the resort for something and would meet back up with us later. Dayne and Luke were either on the Mummy or R3 and would meet up with us later.

universal2010140.jpg

universal2010145.jpg

universal2010147.jpg

Danny and I started with the Nick. attraction (I still remember when this was new and you could go through the stage set--Gwendolyn still talks about getting to play in one of the games and how she had hoped to get slimmed!)
Ashton enjoyed helping Jimmy Neutron rescue his rocket (his first introduction to Jimmy and friends-we have since recieved a DVD as a gift from his Paran). We than crossed the street--after watching a marching band come through, to visit with Shrek and friends (this is a really fun 4D show--Ashton thought it was great!). As we left the theatre we found some friends and Ashton could not wait to meet them...
now, I guess from carrying my camera loose in my bag the week and not making sure to put it back in its case I was starting to have some problems with it...I was able to get shots of Ashton and Shrek but missed Donkey...this was too funny! Donkey started yelling and calling us back, he was telling the PP person to give me some of her batteries and for me to come back when I figured out what the camera problem was...

universal2010148.jpg

universal2010149.jpg

from here we were to meet up with the kids so Gwendolyn could ride ET with Ashton! and from there Danny and the kids were going to go off and ride the two roller coasters while Ashton and I went to meet Barney. Now, Ashton is not crazy about Barney, but seeing them in person changes the whole persepective of watching Barney...

Since, Gwendolyn and Joe were at the resort we met up with Dayne and Luke who were having an early lunch at Mel's Drive In. Now, today only Danny and the boys choose to get the meal deal plan. Danny &I had both gotten a burger and Dayne had gotten a burger and a chicken tender basket so Ashton ate Dayne's ck, some of my fries, some of Danny's onion rings, and later he would have Dayne and Luke's cookie (you get a dessert with the meal plan-Danny must have eaten his cake or cookie cause I just don't remember at this time).

up next...who will we meet while waiting for Gwendolyn and JOe to join us! and would Mom and Dad ever meet us in Universal Studios.

Seeing your pics brings back fun memories for me. Hunter was a little younger than Ashton the last time we visited Universal Studios. The story about donkey was too funny.

We ate at Mel's Diner too!

How funny about Donkey:rotfl:. I do hope you were able to get the camera working. Cute Shrek pictures.

Did you purchase the meal plan at the parks? Or do you know if you can do it that way?

I use snapfish and tried to figure out how to just post from there, but couldn't. Not really a fan of photobucket as it takes forever. If you figure out how to get them straight from snapfish please let me know.:goodvibes

I happen to be 662 miles away from Disney too! SO, what parish are you in, if I may ask?

LOVE your Trip Report, your family is beautiful! :thumbsup2

How funny about Donkey:rotfl:. I do hope you were able to get the camera working. Cute Shrek pictures.

Did you purchase the meal plan at the parks? Or do you know if you can do it that way?

I use snapfish and tried to figure out how to just post from there, but couldn't. Not really a fan of photobucket as it takes forever. If you figure out how to get them straight from snapfish please let me know.:goodvibes

Hi! Ashley you can purchase meal deal tickets at the three resturants or many of the gift shops (you will see a really big red sign that will say meal plan sold here), we purchased ours at the bakery in IOA both years (I had bought the two day one park last year-and got it over with) and they purchased day two at Mel's drive in. In order to purchase the all you care to fill drink cup for $8.99 you have to purchase at least one meal plan ticket. They also have a cup anyone can purchase for I believe $6.99 maybe $5.99 w/refills being .79.
If you click on the link that is in the pp it will show you the photo but will not load the photo...I may have to have snapfish copy them to CD and load it to photobucket. It is about time I print my pictures anyway, don't you think?!?
Last year I had them all in the photoalbum I bought by the end of the week that we were home...:rotfl:
this year I had bought the Photopass so I was waiting....and I'm still waiting...
:rolleyes1 don't know why :confused3
:rotfl2::rotfl:

I happen to be 662 miles away from Disney too! SO, what parish are you in, if I may ask?

LOVE your Trip Report, your family is beautiful! :thumbsup2

:welcome: and thanks for joining my TR!
we live in Ponchatoula, and thank you for the compliment!
I see you and your family are very lucky to be going to the world very soon! How exciting!!! are you doing a PTR?!? and/or a TR when you come back...
not knowing when we are going next I am, for the moment, living the magic through all of you, my disbuds.

:wave2: Connie

aww- your last day! You guys did a LOT on this trip!! Myles and Owen were reading your report with me or rather they ran over and jumped in my lap as soon as they saw the Shrek picture and asked "Where's Donkey!?" lol

Connie, so glad I was still here for the latest update. I love the pic of Ashton with Shrek.

I actually started a PTR yesterday, but I must be boring bc I only got one comment! :lmao:

We are only about.... 20 minutes from Ponchatoula! My DH works in Holden, so he would like to move to the Ponc. area one day!

Nice to meet you, West Monroe! One of my co-workers is from there!

I actually started a PTR yesterday, but I must be boring bc I only got one comment! :lmao:

We are only about.... 20 minutes from Ponchatoula! My DH works in Holden, so he would like to move to the Ponc. area one day!

Nice to meet you, West Monroe! One of my co-workers is from there!

Please post the link to your PTR so we can read along.

Hi! Ashley you can purchase meal deal tickets at the three resturants or many of the gift shops (you will see a really big red sign that will say meal plan sold here), we purchased ours at the bakery in IOA both years (I had bought the two day one park last year-and got it over with) and they purchased day two at Mel's drive in. In order to purchase the all you care to fill drink cup for $8.99 you have to purchase at least one meal plan ticket. They also have a cup anyone can purchase for I believe $6.99 maybe $5.99 w/refills being .79.
If you click on the link that is in the pp it will show you the photo but will not load the photo...I may have to have snapfish copy them to CD and load it to photobucket. It is about time I print my pictures anyway, don't you think?!?
Last year I had them all in the photoalbum I bought by the end of the week that we were home...:rotfl:
this year I had bought the Photopass so I was waiting....and I'm still waiting...
:rolleyes1 don't know why :confused3
:rotfl2::rotfl:

Thanks for the info Connie!

Just thought of something about snapfish. You also could just copy and paste from snapfish to your computer. Not sure if the quality would be that great though. I here you about getting prints. I upload all of my pictures to snapfish, but hardly ever order prints. I have made photobooks from them before and it was so easy. Snapfish has been sending alot of discounts lately, I did get the 50 prints for $5 deal a few weeks ago. Of course, the pictures are still in the envelope.:laughing:

I remember when they had the backlot tour at Universal and was so sad that it closed. They kept Nick open for a couple of years after that but then closed it. :( We actually got to watch the taping of one of the old Nick shows in that sound stage.

Such a shame that they closed it. It was one of the best things in that park!

I remember when they had the backlot tour at Universal and was so sad that it closed. They kept Nick open for a couple of years after that but then closed it. :( We actually got to watch the taping of one of the old Nick shows in that sound stage.

Such a shame that they closed it. It was one of the best things in that park!

My older DD went to Universal with her dads family once and they had some in show she got selected to be on, or say something or other. Anyways, the show was an in between regular shows, during the commercials, and they told her the date it would air, and sure enough, we taped it and she was on! She was so excited.

guys, I have tried everything I can think of to get the pictures..so, I am just going to have bite the bullet and order a CD and my pitures to finish this TR. But, I can't do that until the weekend coming so we will just have to hang out for a bit longer....sorry!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
we pretty much hung around here; Danny and Dayne are still working on Dayne's car but they were finally able to crank it this weekend :yay:
sounds like they have a little ways to go still...:eek:
cooling issues, he needs new exhust, and I think they said something about needing a new clutch (so, glad I'm not paying for all of this---I think he should have just bought a newer car--but, boys and their toys :confused1:
I was very disappointed, Dana (racefanof88) sent a FB message saying her and Dale were in Biloxi Sunday and did we want to meet them. I was so excited (I have been trying to meet up with Dana for a while now). I had left Danny's phone in a resturant Sat night so I had to go pick that up (opposite way from MS of course) when we got back home Dayne and Danny's friends were here to help out with some of the issues of the car. So, till another time...we'll meet up at one point and I look forward to it!!

hope everyone has a wonderful day!
:wave2: Connie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter