Where Pixie-Dusted Birthday Dreams Come True! A July Trip Report! PTR Link! Pg. 116

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by Charleston Princess, Jul 24, 2010.

1. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

I hear ya sister - went into Costco on Thursday just to get K cups and creamer. Came home $200 poorer! :sad2:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Charleston Princess

Charleston Princess DIS Veteran

That happens to me more than I like to admit! :laughing:

4. Charleston Princess

Charleston Princess DIS Veteran

July 21, 2010: Part Two

After a ride on Space Mountain, a frozen cappacino, and a haircut, we were feeling a little rumbly in our tummies. It was time to head to our brunch at the Crystal Palace.

We checked in and while we waited, Charles wanted pictures of his new haircut. As you can see, he had been a very good little boy and earned a Mickey sticker.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Soon, our table was ready, and we were allowed inside.

I love the topiaries in here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Our table was decorated for somebody’s birthday!

[​IMG]

We got down to the business of eating and visiting with Pooh and his friends. As the kids have gotten older, the only time I can convince them to pose with characters is when they appear at our table.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In between characters, Chelsea received a birthday cupcake and a card signed by the entire gang!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Eeyore came along for some love.

[​IMG]

At this point, we were finished with our meal which, by the way, was delicious. We love breakfast food. However, Chelsea was adamant that we needed to wait for Piglet. Wait we did, but it was worth it. I decided I needed a picture with him, too, since Piglet and I share the same worrying characteristic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rested and fed, it was time to venture back out into the heat. Where were we headed?

[​IMG]

Why my favorite land of all!

Adventureland!

[​IMG]

UP NEXT: Angry Tikis, Pirates, and a Cruise of Sorts!

5. klacey1

klacey1 DIS Veteran

The Crystal Palace is great--- you got some terrific pictures of the kids with the characters!

6. DisMomAmy

DisMomAmy DIS Veteran

I'm so glad I made an ADR for breakfast at Crystal Palace in March!! :cloud9:

Charles got a great haircut!! :thumbsup2

7. jenjolt

jenjolt Loves All Things Disney!

I have an 8:10am ressie in January on my departure day and I'm so looking forward to it!!!! I get the experience of an empty Main Street (for a moment it will be all mine) and I get the great food at CP! I can't wait!!!

Charles' haircut looks good! They did a great job! Love the sticker!!!

Awww...your picture with Piglet is adorable! I have an inner piglet too...I'm such a worrier!!

Well I hope Halloween is a festive and fun event in the CP household!! Have a great evening!

8. SoonerGirl

SoonerGirl DIS Veteran

Awwww, so glad Charles was a good boy and got a sticker after his haircut :laughing:

I love Crystal Palace, I could sure go for some french toast puffs right about now!

9. TarzansKat

TarzansKat Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

I'm so proud of Charles for earning a sticker!:lmao:

Seriously, isn't it so much fun to get a hair cut there? I love how great they are with kids of all ages!

Your pictures of Crystal Palace make me miss it so much! I haven't been there in a few years, and actually I don't ever remember going for breakfast. I love the topiaries as well, they're adorable. Looks like some good birthday fun was going on, and it's nice to see a picture with you and the kids. :goodvibes

10. Mndisneygirl

Mndisneygirl DIS Veteran

We love CP breakfast - especially before park opening!!

Charles' haircut looks terrific! I think he should go there for his haircuts ALL the time! ;)

Cute card from Pooh and the gang - great pictures! I understand about the characters having to come to you - I appreciate that way more than waiting in lines - that's why we still do character meals, so I don't have to waste time standing in line!

11. Native NYer

Native NYer DIS Veteran

I'm so happy Charles got his Mickey sticker :rotfl:
    Crystal Palace is our favorite Disney breakfast spot. Great food in a beautiful restaurant.
    Chelsea's birthday card is so cute!

12. addictedtothemouse

addictedtothemouse DIS Veteran

Great updates, Jackie. :thumbsup2
    I think I'll have to make a brunch ADR some time. That would be perfect for a mid-morning break.

13. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

Cute haircut and a sticker to boot! Go Charles! :woohoo:

I absolutely love your pictures of the kids. The are both so adorable and seem to really enjoy posing with the characters. CP is one of my favorite breakfasts! Yum! I was ready to drool over some food pictures. Where are they? :rotfl:

A cruise of sorts? Hmmmmmmm....what does THAT mean?

14. SwansLoveDisney

SwansLoveDisney DIS Veteran

I love it that Charles got his hair cut in the Magic Kingdom. And thought it was the best haircut ever! Maybe I should get my husband to get his haircut there next time...

The kids' pictures with the characters are adorable! As is the pic of you, the kids, and Piglet!

Sounds like a hot, hot day. I hope you were able to stave off the whining from the troops!

15. disneyfan61

disneyfan61 DIS Veteran

Love the updates!! That is great that Charles got his haircut in MK:thumbsup2
    My DH lets his hair grow long during the winter & his hair is thick also. When trip time rolls around I give him a buzz cut. I like his hair much better when it is short. Charles looks great with his new cut!!

Yay for breakfast at CP. One of our favs:goodvibes They have such a great selection & that breakfast lasagna is wonderful:thumbsup2

Glad to hear Connor conquered Space Mountain!!

16. englishrose47

englishrose47 DIS Veteran

I love CP but have only done Supper !!! Great Haircut !!!

17. luvfigment

luvfigment <b><font color=f95602>Member of the 'Jambo! WildBu

Charles haircut came out good...glad he was good and recieve his Mickey Sticker.

The time at CP looks like a great time and some nice pics of the kids. Looking forward to reading about the adventrues in Adventureland.

18. MAGICFOR2

MAGICFOR2 DIS Veteran

Abbie, just have to say, you are so funny! :worship: I love how much thought you are giving to everything, I hope you do convince your dad to take you for your 13th. There is a danger of becoming hooked, but somehow I think that's already happening for ya! :laughing: Maybe you and your Dad can have a father-daughter time if your mom and DB aren't in to it!;) Keep you positive attiutude, always!:hug:

19. MAGICFOR2

MAGICFOR2 DIS Veteran

There are two things I find funny here, but I guess you've been going more than once a year lately -

1. Taking time to wait for rope drop, then stopping for breakfast
    2. Taking time to get a haircut :goodvibes

I guess you did get to SM first!:thumbsup2 We are always totally commando at RD - trying to get on all the bigs before the rest of the world wakes up and realizes there are lines forming!:rotfl2:

20. MAGICFOR2

MAGICFOR2 DIS Veteran

I'm glad your breakfast was so nice! The birthday surprise for Chelsea was fun, and those Pooh characters are so huggable!!

Charles did get a good haircut, and I'm glad he earned the Mickey sticker, too!:thumbsup2 Looking forward to your Adventures!

21. xoktenox

xoktenox DIS Veteran

Once again I was behind but have caught up :thumbsup2

Charles' haircut came out excellent! I wonder if I could get Chris to do that next year :rolleyes1

Great pictures from Crystal Palace! I'd like to try lunch there. Have you ever had it?

I may have missed this somewhere along the line but do you guys have any plans for a trip next year?