When in doubt, feed the bear....but not that!!!Day 6- Last day blues

I don't think I've ever ridden those Friendship boats. You got some really nice pictures from the boat ride though.

The treats in Karamel-Kuche look good!

Good eye, finding all of those rock-light thingees.

I cannot remember the last time I did ride those Friendship boats either.
I do remember watching and thought a couple of boats went in a circle instead of back and forth.
I guess at high capacity time they split the route. :confused3

Karamel-Kuche has good goodies ::yes::
Many Rock light thingies- Better to see IllumiNations with ....

It all looks soooo good at Karamel Kuche but my favorite is...............
caramel corn!!!

I love the pic of you and Chris. You took a more of you two but I think so far this one is my favorite!

Caramel corn... YUM
Thanks - on the pictures We did get a couple good ones this time.
Doing PP again for July? Maybe we should do another share???

I'm sorry that you weren't feeling well. Feeling icky in WDW is never fun.

How many times were you going to have to tell the cab driver what to do until he got it right? That's just crazy.

We seemed to be following you around on this trip. ;) DHS on NYE and Epcot on New Year's Day. LOL.

My crappy allergies sometimes put a real damper on things. :sad2: I am trying to get better at figuring out what is in what and asking EVERY time.

The poor dispatcher... :lmao: I wondered if I was speaking english :lmao:
She really just seemed either distracted or really tired. She could not focus long enough to get the place and the number right.

We didn't cross paths that day, but we sure are crossing paths on the report a lot! :laughing: We just left that donkey between Germany and Italy, too. :goodvibes

That chocolate caramel cookie is what lasted me about two weeks one time. So good, but so sweet. I nibbled on it for a long time!

I do think that fence in Canada is cool.
We'll need Canadian representation in DIStown, of course, so there will be some of that fencing somewhere. ;)

I am glad Chris went on Soarin'. That's the one ride that I do not volunteer to sit out of. Everyone knows I will sit out of any ride to babysit or go run for more Fastpasses or whatever, but when it comes to Soarin', someone else has to do that. That's my favorite ride. ::yes::

Soon and very soon we will be back wandering around in Epcot! No Christmas trees this time. It will be hot, but much fun. :cool2:

Quite funny we were waking around each other. :lmao:

I thought Chris might change his mind, so that is why I insisted I pick up 2 FP anyway.
Karamel-Kuche always smells so good. I think my crispy treat lasted for quite a while too.

I love your spaceship earth pictures. Chris looks like he got knocked out in the avalanche. LOL

Chris does look like he got knocked out- his typical "photo"face :lmao:

Somehow I ended up with the broken arm. :confused3

New Years is a great time to go --- Hey wait a minute - you may have missed the actually NYE festivities but I believe you took in some of the sights. Mister I went to a bowl game.

As for where you have been..... work .. work and more work it seems...

More work for sure, and possibly even more added in this week! Looks like I also missed a few more updates while I was away this weekend visiting my Dad to celebrate his 87th birthday! It was a really fun and relaxing weekend though, even though no DIS time!

As for taking in some sights, yes we made a quick trip down for the bowl game, but without park tickets the only sights we were able to take in were at DTD that night! Hey wait, DTD isn’t too far from AKL is it???
:rolleyes:

Every year seems to by quicker and quicker. The last 3 months have really gone by quickly. I wish it would slow down a little so I could it enjoy it more. :rolleyes1

Sounds like you need more Disney trips and less work, although I know this is your busy time of the year for work! Still, all work and no play...........:scared:

ACK - My app says 31 days. Lots of DISmeets shaping up, always could use more.;)

DISmeets are always a great thing! :thumbsup2 So, no PTR???? :confused:

MEK had great advice- use the TV setting and tinker with the shutter speed. Still have trouble in dark moving rides - like Pirates- but I am getting better with every shot.
Getting some practice for the next trip.

Sounds like you need to focus on more of those dark rides so you can become an expert there too....... pirate:

Being New Years morning may have something to do with it. Everything was fine once they actually listened to what I was saying. Lots of repeating that morning, that is for sure.
Yeah I will need the number to the Marvical express in my phone. :thumbsup2

BR549........

If a park is open, usually I want to be in it. :) I do need to slow down a bit. I bet the heat in July will do it. I am sure I will be up early- out the door and back in for an afternoon nap or time by the pool before heading back out for the evening.
You??? Time at a pool???

Yes, those afternoon breaks during the summer months are crucial to your overall trip satisfaction!!! :goodvibes

Yup you should know - you were a teenager, I was only a child.... :laughing:
Donkey butt! :headache:

:rotfl2: Yeah No brussel spouts for me - I will just assume I am allergic... :rotfl2:
Wow, I bet you can mold that allergy excuse to suit pretty much any occasion........ :sad2:

The tacos were Okay. I like sour cream, lettuce and some tomatoes and cheese on my tacos. These were just meat and tortilla.
They do look rather plain, but I would pass on the tomatoes!!! Hey wait, aren’t those on your allergy listt??? :confused3

I hop on the boat with the intent of getting off at Morocco and walking back to Japan because Chris was eventually heading there to shop. Well the boat docks in Italy and I decide to get off and stop in the Caramel shop in Germany. Good thing I did since I realize that this time the boat was just going back and forth across the lagoon from near Mexico to Italy and back. :scared:

While on the boat I took the opportunity to snap a few interesting shots.

Very nice shots from the boat!!!:)

Karamell-Kuche goodies

Good choice......I love this place!!!:thumbsup2

I ended up with one of these. What I love is that they will cut it up for you. Makes it way easier to snack on. And Snack Credit worthy ;)

IMG_3413.jpg

Looks pretty good, but I think I would opt for one of those strawberries since they are soooo much more healthy, being fruit and all........now if they would just get some caramel and chocolate covered bananas........mmmmmmm

Walking towards Japan, I stop to chat with the burro in Italy

You two speak the same language????:rotfl:

I spy a hidden Mickey.

IMG_3417.jpg
Wow, that is a great one!!! :goodvibes

Nice catch on the Office Depot pencil pictures!!! Hmmm, I wonder if they had highlighters back then???? :confused3

Hope you had a great weekend and found some fun things to do!!!

Wow, you got some great pictures from the Friendship boats! :thumbsup2 Need to do that sometime.

I have never eaten anything from the caramel bakery. Love the bagged popcorn. We must do that sometime. Everything looks so good.

You got a lot done in Epcot! I sure hope you start feeling better.

Sorry this was from a few pages ago, I recognize that camera strap -I was going to tell you how much I liked it when we met up. That may be on my list of souvies for September :thumbsup2 We went to Tweetsie this weekend to see Thomas so not much Dis time.

Great pics from the boat.:thumbsup2

Love the karamel Kuche store!! This past trip I had the chocolate caramel cookie. (Mine did not last as long as MeMom's though).;)

Nice picture of the two of you!! And glad he rode SE with you also.

I feel like I stepped into the Simpsons with the fish by the nuclear power plant.

:rotfl:

that's hysterical. As is the office depot pencils!

What isn't funny is that you are dragging, I hope it improves!

Karamell-Kuche goodies

And no peas in sight! :thumbsup2

I spy a hidden Mickey.

Good one! :thumbsup2

Making it back around and I see the port-a -potties are up for the marathon that was happening the next week.

They look nicer than the bathrooms in my house. :rotfl2:

We were within our FP time and I decided to use Mine. To my surprise Chris decided to use his too.

:eek:

I guess they get their supplies at Office Depot ;) Don’t think OD was around in the 60’s.

Duh. You're in a time machine. :lmao::rotfl:

I have the broken arm. I will blame Chris for causing this.

That seems convenient.

I feel like I stepped into the Simpsons with the fish by the nuclear power plant.

:rotfl2::rotfl:

Here's where I have to make the "Mine! Mine!" joke about your seagull picture. :rolleyes:

Loving your report! I've always wanted to spend New Year's at Disney, so I'm kind of fantasizing through your report! You've got some fantastic photos, too. Thanks for sharing! :wizard:

marvali said:
More work for sure, and possibly even more added in this week! Looks like I also missed a few more updates while I was away this weekend visiting my Dad to celebrate his 87th birthday! It was a really fun and relaxing weekend though, even though no DIS time!

Hope you had a good time. It is always good to get away..

marvali said:
As for taking in some sights, yes we made a quick trip down for the bowl game, but without park tickets the only sights we were able to take in were at DTD that night! Hey wait, DTD isn’t too far from AKL is it???

Opposite end of the property, and feels even further when you are feeling crappy. Such a missed opportunity... :rolleyes:

marvali said:
Sounds like you need more Disney trips and less work, although I know this is your busy time of the year for work! Still, all work and no play...........

I am trying to pace myself an not get burned out. This time of year I make myself take time for myself or a turn into a Crabby Patty. :lmao:

marvali said:
DISmeets are always a great thing! So, no PTR????

I will lucky to wrap this up by then. My track record is that I usually finsih it right AFTER I get get back. :sad2:

marvali said:
Sounds like you need to focus on more of those dark rides so you can become an expert there too.......

I just need steady hands and NO distractions. ;)

marvali said:

Huh??? Must be some Hee Haw quote or something... Something I am way too young to remember. :rotfl2:

marvali said:
Very nice shots from the boat!!!

Good choice......I love this place!!!

Nice relaxing boat ride. Ahhhhh - I love the Karamel Kuche, Caramel is good :thumbsup2

marvali said:
Looks pretty good, but I think I would opt for one of those strawberries since they are soooo much more healthy, being fruit and all........now if they would just get some caramel and chocolate covered bananas........mmmmmmm

mmm That does sound good. If they don't carry them then a frozen banana on a stick. ::yes::

You two speak the same language????

Why yes... yes we do. We chat often. Often get pointers on dealing with other burros....

You??? Time at a pool???

Yes occasionally I will go to the pool. Sometimes hard for me to actually relax there but I do try.

Yes, those afternoon breaks during the summer months are crucial to your overall trip satisfaction!!! :goodvibes

Essential to having a pleasurable trip. Either some pool time or just a nap in a cool dark room makes all the difference.:thumbsup2

Donkey butt! :headache:

The burro told me to ignore such comments..... :)

Wow, I bet you can mold that allergy excuse to suit pretty much any occasion........ :sad2:

I do have a complete list of what is positive and what is negative and brussel spouts are not on the list so for safety sake I will treat them as DS Chris would say HOSTILE.

They do look rather plain, but I would pass on the tomatoes!!! Hey wait, aren’t those on your allergy listt??? :confused3
They are on the allergy list but are eaten in carefully controlled quantities. Sadly on that trip even if they were available they could not have been eaten at that time due to the other issues I was already experiencing.

Wow, that is a great one!!! :goodvibes

:goodvibes That was a good find.

Nice catch on the Office Depot pencil pictures!!! Hmmm, I wonder if they had highlighters back then???? :confused3

I don't know... you tell me.:lmao:

Hope you had a great weekend and found some fun things to do!!!

I did. A little work - in the yard this time and a little time to play- Wish I had more to time to play though, isn't that always the way. :rolleyes1

Wow, you got some great pictures from the Friendship boats! :thumbsup2 Need to do that sometime.

If the wait is not long the ride is nice.

I have never eaten anything from the caramel bakery. Love the bagged popcorn. We must do that sometime. Everything looks so good.

Smells so good in there. I have a hard time deciding what I must have next.:rotfl:

You got a lot done in Epcot! I sure hope you start feeling better.

I don't let much keep me down but I was dragging big time.

Sorry this was from a few pages ago, I recognize that camera strap -I was going to tell you how much I liked it when we met up. That may be on my list of souvies for September :thumbsup2 We went to Tweetsie this weekend to see Thomas so not much Dis time.

Mousegears. I was orginaly looking for the wider one but the material is so much softer and easier on the neck.
How was Thomas???

Great pics from the boat.:thumbsup2

It was anice little ride.

Love the karamel Kuche store!! This past trip I had the chocolate caramel cookie. (Mine did not last as long as MeMom's though).;)

That may need to be the next treat I get from there.:goodvibes

Nice picture of the two of you!! And glad he rode SE with you also.

Thank You. Usually I can get him to ride with me - anything except ToT. :lmao:

rotfl:

that's hysterical. As is the office depot pencils!

That fish was huge - I swear it had 3 eyes. :lmao: Noticed the pencils when I posted the picture. :laughing:

What isn't funny is that you are dragging, I hope it improves!

It does catch up with me, but it is short term but I am afraid not short enough.

And no peas in sight! :thumbsup2
Exactly!!!

Good one! :thumbsup2

They are everywhere!!! Just have to hunt them down.

They look nicer than the bathrooms in my house. :rotfl2:

:rotfl: I did not use one but I bet they are..- Well I wouldn't know about YOUR bathroom but I bet they would be nicer than mine maybe.

Yeah I know. I was like that too. I almost said No backsies. :lmao:

Duh. You're in a time machine. :lmao::rotfl:

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

That seems convenient.

That is my story and I am sticking to it.

It was huge ....

Here's where I have to make the "Mine! Mine!" joke about your seagull picture. :rolleyes:

I don't think I can walk by the seagulls without saying Mine mine

Loving your report! I've always wanted to spend New Year's at Disney, so I'm kind of fantasizing through your report! You've got some fantastic photos, too. Thanks for sharing! :wizard:

party: :welcome: party:

If you can do it ... DO IT. Such a magical time and those fireworks are amazing!!!

It is crowded but a good DISer should be able to zig when the crowd zags. :thumbsup2

Great pics!!!
I have that camera strap!!!;)
I :lovestruc the chocolate covered strawberries!!!
Sorry you weren't feeling good!
Great catch on the pencils!!!

Mousegears. I was orginaly looking for the wider one but the material is so much softer and easier on the neck.
How was Thomas???

I liked the strap when I saw it at the pool :thumbsup2

Thomas was good - she LOVES him !!!! Tweetsie has actually held up pretty well - it is clean and well maintained.

When we got in the car to leave, Chloe crashed of course. She woke up about 30 mins later when we stopped for dinner. She woke up and looked around sleepily and said "Mama, Daddy we had a good day today" and then went right back to sleep - made it all worth it :hug:

Hope you had a good time. It is always good to get away..

Very relaxing and low stress weekend! Really needed it!!! :thumbsup2

Opposite end of the property, and feels even further when you are feeling crappy. Such a missed opportunity... :rolleyes:

Yep! :sad2:

I am trying to pace myself an not get burned out. This time of year I make myself take time for myself or a turn into a Crabby Patty.

I will lucky to wrap this up by then. My track record is that I usually finsih it right AFTER I get get back. :sad2:

So sad! Only thing worse is those people who take like a year to get their TRs done after a trip......... :rolleyes1

I just need steady hands and NO distractions. ;)

Guess you better skip the alcohol.......... :lmao:

Huh??? Must be some Hee Haw quote or something... Something I am way too young to remember. :rotfl2:

Again with the age jokes........... :guilty:

Nice relaxing boat ride. Ahhhhh - I love the Karamel Kuche, Caramel is good :thumbsup2

Mmmmm.......caramel!!!! :banana:

mmm That does sound good. If they don't carry them then a frozen banana on a stick. ::yes::

Those look pretty good, but not sure I want my banana in frozen form..... :confused3

Why yes... yes we do. We chat often. Often get pointers on dealing with other burros....

I have NOOOOO idea what you mean by that...... :confused:

Yes occasionally I will go to the pool. Sometimes hard for me to actually relax there but I do try.

I'm guessing you need to be blindfolded so you aren't constantly critiquing the lifeguards??? :rotfl2:

Essential to having a pleasurable trip. Either some pool time or just a nap in a cool dark room makes all the difference.

Like Ellen's Energy Adventure??? ;)

The burro told me to ignore such comments..... :)

:eek:

I do have a complete list of what is positive and what is negative and brussel spouts are not on the list so for safety sake I will treat them as DS Chris would say HOSTILE.

:rotfl:

They are on the allergy list but are eaten in carefully controlled quantities. Sadly on that trip even if they were available they could not have been eaten at that time due to the other issues I was already experiencing.

Sounds like your issues were giving you issues..... :laughing:

:goodvibes That was a good find.

I don't know... you tell me.:lmao:

Wow, you just don't stop do you........ :headache:

I did. A little work - in the yard this time and a little time to play- Wish I had more to time to play though, isn't that always the way. :rolleyes1]
So true! There never seems to be enough time....... :(

I've missed a few updates, every time you post a new one I think the same thing. I really want to go there during the Holidays Everything just looks so pretty and extra magical. I might have to drag my mom as well.. She loves Christmas and I know she would really enjoy all the decorations. One day!

In all these trips, I've never ridden the friendship boats! Yum - Karamel Kuche! Definitely need to get a snack there again and actually go inside instead of sending DH in! Great hidden mickey - we love looking for those now that we are not in such a rush to get to everything. OMG on the Office Depot pencils! Walt would not be too happy about that inconsistency.

Great pics!!!
I have that camera strap!!!;)
I :lovestruc the chocolate covered strawberries!!!
Sorry you weren't feeling good!
Great catch on the pencils!!!

That strap is the best, so nice and soft.

I do believe some of those chocolate covered strawberries will be eaten by me the next time.

Oh yes - terrible when you feel crappy.

The pencils shocked me too.

I liked the strap when I saw it at the pool :thumbsup2

Got to get you one- hey want me to pick one up for you???

Thomas was good - she LOVES him !!!! Tweetsie has actually held up pretty well - it is clean and well maintained.

When we got in the car to leave, Chloe crashed of course. She woke up about 30 mins later when we stopped for dinner. She woke up and looked around sleepily and said "Mama, Daddy we had a good day today" and then went right back to sleep - made it all worth it :hug:

:goodvibes That soooo Makes it all worth it. Glad you had a great time.

MARVALI said:
Very relaxing and low stress weekend! Really needed it!!!

:goodvibes Good to hear.

MARVALI said:

Hate when that happens.

MARVALI said:
So sad! Only thing worse is those people who take like a year to get their TRs done after a trip.........

Yeah like some people :rolleyes1

MARVALI said:
Guess you better skip the alcohol..........

Easy to do in MK. :lmao:

MARVALI said:
Again with the age jokes...........

Once I find something that gets a rise out of someone i will usually push that button over and over. :rolleyes1

MARVALI said:
Mmmmm.......caramel!!!!
Those look pretty good, but not sure I want my banana in frozen form.....

Need to give it a try, you might like it.

MARVALI said:
I have NOOOOO idea what you mean by that......

:teacher:

MARVALI said:
I'm guessing you need to be blindfolded so you aren't constantly critiquing the lifeguards???
Pretty much. :sad2:

MARVALI said:
Like Ellen's Energy Adventure???

Has been done. ::yes::

MARVALI said:

I bet you know now...:teacher:

MARVALI said:
Sounds like your issues were giving you issues.....

When those issues get issues I am in deep trouble. :lmao:

MARVALI said:
Wow, you just don't stop do you........
Smiley_Poke.gif

So true! There never seems to be enough time....... :(

::yes::

I've missed a few updates, every time you post a new one I think the same thing. I really want to go there during the Holidays Everything just looks so pretty and extra magical. I might have to drag my mom as well.. She loves Christmas and I know she would really enjoy all the decorations. One day!

Welcome back... Oh yes put it on your list - Christmas is a wonderful time to go and enjoy.

In all these trips, I've never ridden the friendship boats! Yum - Karamel Kuche! Definitely need to get a snack there again and actually go inside instead of sending DH in! Great hidden mickey - we love looking for those now that we are not in such a rush to get to everything. OMG on the Office Depot pencils! Walt would not be too happy about that inconsistency.

Need to take a ride on the Friendship across the lagoon.

So many snacks around the World. Hard to get them all in.

Slowing down to look for the HM is so much fun.

They should have found plain ones or turned those so you could not see the OD. But then again I do have a great zoom and we were stopped so I caught them...:rolleyes:

First up the Boardwalk.

IMG_3455.jpg

IMG_3456.jpg

IMG_3457.jpg

IMG_3458.jpg

IMG_3460.jpg

IMG_3462.jpg

IMG_3463.jpg

I love a challenge.

IMG_3464.jpg

One

IMG_3466.jpg

Two

IMG_3467.jpg

I was really looking too hard:lmao:

IMG_3468.jpg

I thought this was one

IMG_3469.jpg

Three

IMG_3470.jpg

Four

IMG_3471.jpg

Five

IMG_3472.jpg

Six

IMG_3473.jpg

Seven

IMG_3474.jpg

Eight

IMG_3475.jpg

Nine

IMG_3476.jpg

Ten- can you see it

IMG_3478.jpg

There it is

IMG_3479.jpg

Eleven and Twelve

IMG_3480.jpg

Thirteen

IMG_3482.jpg

Fourteen

IMG_3483.jpg

Nope a smudge

Fifteen

IMG_3486.jpg

IMG_3487.jpg

If the Mickeys in the trees were JUST decoration then these are real HM
Replacing Seven

IMG_3488.jpg

IMG_3489.jpg

Replacing Eleven

IMG_3490.jpg

IMG_3491.jpg

Replacing Twelve

IMG_3493.jpg

IMG_3492.jpg

Thanks for bearing with me.

Some other sights.
IMG_3494.jpg

A tree where the creepy chair usually is? :scared1:

IMG_3496.jpg

IMG_3497.jpg

IMG_3498.jpg

Nexy up - Hungry and dinner isn't for hours- then a miracle...

The Boardwalk really goes all out for Christmas, don't they? Love the trees. LOVE the hidden Mickey's. Great detail shots. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter