When in doubt, feed the bear....but not that!!!Day 6- Last day blues

For those of you that did not recognize the AKL bus stop sign, we arrived at EPCOT.

First order of business was to get FP for Soarin’. Chris was in a mood. He mentioned he did not want to ride Soarin’. I said fine and took his FP. AGAIN. Now I have 2 but would he change his mind?

I am sure this is what prompted me to take these in Mousegears.

IMG_3383.jpg

IMG_3384.jpg

IMG_3385.jpg

IMG_3386.jpg

IMG_3388.jpg

And a not Grumpy

IMG_3387.jpg

I had one of those coupons for a % off before noon. Finally found this.

IMG_3389.jpg

IMG_3392.jpg

And these to make my feet happy.

IMG_3390.jpg

Over to

IMG_3391.jpg

Single riders line still a bit long.

IMG_3393.jpg

Since we were on the DDP for the SSR portion, but not for the AKL portion we knew he had to burn CS and Snack credits. Because Chris is so focused on food, he had plans for the snack credits.

He has moved on from a cotton candy obsession to a churro obsession. Off to Mexico for Churros.

The Menu

IMG_3396.jpg

IMG_3397.jpg

I got the Beef Tacos.

IMG_3398.jpg

And churros

IMG_3399.jpg

And more Benadryl

IMG_3400.jpg

The tacos were Okay. I like sour cream, lettuce and some tomatoes and cheese on my tacos. These were just meat and tortilla.

Chris was going to have his snack of Churros and then go to America for a meal. Yes the bottomless pit. However he decided he was not that hungry anymore so he was not going to head to the American Adventure but he was going to go on ahead. He has his eye set on Japan for some shopping.

I guess I already was feeling sort of crappy, because I sat and slowly finished my meal. He did ask if he could go on ahead and I told him to go because I was struggling already.

Feeling so tired and dragging, I made my way over to the boats. I have been there where the boats make a big circle around the lagoon.

IMG_3401.jpg

Would I have a nice boat ride or would disaster strike on the high lagoon?

LOVE your NYE pictures. Sooooo pretty. I showed Joe and he agreed we have to get back there for the holiday in a very near year. Hopefully 2013.

Your ToT group was hilarious! Love that kind of crowd!

I laughed out loud of the pic of Chris with this sword (uh-oh...) and the hat. :laughing:

That cab driver. Ugh. We had one of those from LGA to our house one time. He also sped like a maniac and ran a red light. He did not get a tip from me! :rolleyes1

Hopefully 2013. That would be great to to go back then. :goodvibes

That ToT ride was awesome. I don't think I will ever get a ride like that again.

Chris and his sword.... :rolleyes:

Cab driver was not a maniac, I just think they were all drained from New Years. I think I asked the guy if he worked last night and he did say no he opted for that morning instead but everyone was moving a little slow that morning.

Oh no, I hope you get to feeling better and those Peas don't ruin the end of your trip. Who puts peas on pasta anyway?!

Great pictures of the fireworks!!!

Love your pictures from the ToT. I can't believe you captured the ghosts! Great shot. :thumbsup2

Oh no, what happens with the sword...

Peas did not ruin the end of the trip per say but they sure didn't help. :sad2:

I was lucky to get the ghosts.

The sword issue will come up again, later, much later.

Uh oh...that doesn't sound good. Sorry you started feeling bad.

Why on earth would Chris NOT want to ride Soarin'? It's one of the best attractions there?

LOVE the Grumpy shirts...I see one or two in there that Mark does NOT have. :)

Could u ask for cheese and stuff. They look good but plain

Not sure - The Nachos are good. I have had them once. They were a bit plain.

Uh oh...that doesn't sound good. Sorry you started feeling bad.

Why on earth would Chris NOT want to ride Soarin'? It's one of the best attractions there?

LOVE the Grumpy shirts...I see one or two in there that Mark does NOT have. :)

Peas=bad :sad2:

Chris was being a bit contrary that morning.. I think just being tired and such. He needs to learn that there is so much that he can do and he needs to either let me try to entertain him or he has go out and entertain himself.

A whole section of Grumpy shirts in Mousegears :thumbsup2

Hi Pat! I know we have crossed paths a lot on other TRs, and I finally made it over to this one! I just read all the updates (thanks for the links!). You have some awesome pictures of Osborne Lights and the fireworks!!! I have to learn how to use my camera to do better on that. I will go back at Christmas time someday!

I remember seeing the Ohana dinner pics and story over on Memom and Brooklynn's Mommy's thread and seeing your son looking miserable!! Typical teenage boy I suppose - he NEEDS his food!

I was :laughing::rotfl: at the cabbie - "told you it's better to pay cash, lady!" He probably was in a hurry so he could go get another fare.

Oh and I agree PEAS = :sick: It's one vegetable that I can barely stand to be around, but it's also one that my kids eat! Of course, they put ketchup on them. Eww. Go figure.

Anyway, I'm going to sub so I can better keep up!

That was weird, I wasn't trying to quote myself, just edit. Oh well. You get the info either way. :)

I love all those Grumpy shirts. I didn't know they had so many.

I hope you started feeling better. Being sick in Disney is just the worst.

That was weird, I wasn't trying to quote myself, just edit. Oh well. You get the info either way. :)

How funny- Either way- party: :welcome: party:

Glad to have you along for the ride.

Really, Chris was grumpy?
I. Don't. Believe. It.
Ok, yes I do!!!:lmao:

He is the original EMO kid. :lmao:

I love all those Grumpy shirts. I didn't know they had so many.

I hope you started feeling better. Being sick in Disney is just the worst.

My allergies stink. I guess I used to spend most of my time feeling bad and just not knowing it. Now I at least recognize it and am getting better at carrying an arsenal of medicines to head it off. :thumbsup2

I hop on the boat with the intent of getting off at Morocco and walking back to Japan because Chris was eventually heading there to shop. Well the boat docks in Italy and I decide to get off and stop in the Caramel shop in Germany. Good thing I did since I realize that this time the boat was just going back and forth across the lagoon from near Mexico to Italy and back. :scared:

While on the boat I took the opportunity to snap a few interesting shots.

IMG_3402.jpg

IMG_3403.jpg

IMG_3404.jpg

IMG_3405.jpg

IMG_3406.jpg

IMG_3407.jpg

IMG_3408.jpg

I spy a rock light that did not go to sleep after last night fireworks. ;)

IMG_3409.jpg

Karamell-Kuche goodies

IMG_3410.jpg

IMG_3411.jpg

IMG_3412.jpg

I ended up with one of these. What I love is that they will cut it up for you. Makes it way easier to snack on. And Snack Credit worthy ;)

IMG_3413.jpg

IMG_3414.jpg

IMG_3415.jpg

Hungry yet??? Yes even feeling crummy will not stop me from making sure I get my snacks.

Walking towards Japan, I stop to chat with the burro in Italy

IMG_3416.jpg

I spy a hidden Mickey.

IMG_3417.jpg

Looking back at Italy. Shopping in Japan was finished . Chris found a model he was looking for and had it shipped back to the room.

IMG_3418.jpg

I spy a hidden light in the rock.

IMG_3419.jpg

IMG_3420.jpg

Making it back around and I see the port-a -potties are up for the marathon that was happening the next week.

IMG_3421.jpg

Still working on those close up shots.

IMG_3422.jpg

IMG_3423.jpg

Continued next Post....

We were within our FP time and I decided to use Mine. To my surprise Chris decided to use his too.

IMG_3424.jpg

IMG_3427.jpg

Then we headed to

IMG_3428.jpg

Spaceship Earth.
Hidden Mickey

IMG_3429.jpg

I guess they get their supplies at Office Depot ;) Don’t think OD was around in the 60’s.

Go-Go boots girl

IMG_3430.jpg

IMG_3431.jpg

IMG_3432.jpg

We had stopped there for a while so I was able to take more.
These are on a shelf in the scene

IMG_3433.jpg

Time for our future

IMG_3436.jpg

IMG_3437.jpg

This time we go skiing

And get caught in an avalanche

IMG_3438.jpg

The rescue robot dog needs to find us.

IMG_3439.jpg

I have the broken arm. I will blame Chris for causing this.

IMG_3440.jpg

But I get fixed up quickly and we are all better.

IMG_3441.jpg

Once back in the present we stop for another PP.

IMG_3442.jpg

As we cross the bridge, back towards the WS- Chris stops on the bridge and motions me over.

Look at the size of this fish.

IMG_3443.jpg

IMG_3444.jpg

And this turtle.

IMG_3445.jpg

IMG_3446.jpg

I feel like I stepped into the Simpsons with the fish by the nuclear power plant.

We approach the tree.

IMG_3448.jpg

We spot these people who were just looking for a quiet spot to have a snack.

IMG_3449.jpg

Unfortunately They got the attention of some friends.

IMG_3450.jpg

For MeMom and our Canadian Friends

IMG_3451.jpg

We were heading back out the

IMG_3452.jpg

I had not received a text yet telling me the room was ready. So despite wanting to back to the room to relax, I figured we could go to any lobby to at least sit and unwind.

The bear was hungry so I convinced him to burn the last CS credit on the pizza window. Not exactly a great use of the CS credit but WPE put us over the top and that credit would NOT go to waste.

Up Next- Touring the resorts and many, hidden Mickeys.

I'm on time for this update. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Great shots from the friendship boat, and I am now hungry after your photo display of the goodies in Germany.

Glad to see Chris stopped for a photopass picture AND did Soarin' and Spaceship Earth with you. :goodvibes

Coolest hidden mickey! Love it!

You got some great shots from the boat. Different perspective.

Thanks for giving me multiple snack credit ideas! :thumbsup2

I just about died when I saw the OD pencils in that cup. Seriously, you found that? I am very impressed and you KNOW I will be looking to take the same shot very, very soon. Of course, I don't think my lens zooms that far.

I'm on time for this update. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

:cool1: Isn't that nice when that happens. :laughing:

Great shots from the friendship boat, and I am now hungry after your photo display of the goodies in Germany.

It was a beautiful day and yes I was hungry too after seeing those pictures again.

Glad to see Chris stopped for a photopass picture AND did Soarin' and Spaceship Earth with you. :goodvibes

I knew he would eventually give in. He is generally a good sport about hanging with his Mom. ;) He can only take so much time alone. He is pretty social and hates to be alone sometimes. :laughing:

Coolest hidden mickey! Love it!

It was a great find. :thumbsup2

You got some great shots from the boat. Different perspective.

It looks so peaceful from the water perspective.:cloud9:

Thanks for giving me multiple snack credit ideas! :thumbsup2

Must be snack credit worthy... :lmao: As close to or over $4.00 as possible.

I just about died when I saw the OD pencils in that cup. Seriously, you found that? I am very impressed and you KNOW I will be looking to take the same shot very, very soon. Of course, I don't think my lens zooms that far.

I was shooting the Mickey and noticed the pencils when I posted. :lmao: I was like are those really OD pencils???? :rotfl2:

Love my zoom. :love:

I don't think I've ever ridden those Friendship boats. You got some really nice pictures from the boat ride though.

The treats in Karamel-Kuche look good!

Good eye, finding all of those rock-light thingees.

It all looks soooo good at Karamel Kuche but my favorite is...............
caramel corn!!!

I love the pic of you and Chris. You took a more of you two but I think so far this one is my favorite!

I'm sorry that you weren't feeling well. Feeling icky in WDW is never fun.

How many times were you going to have to tell the cab driver what to do until he got it right? That's just crazy.

We seemed to be following you around on this trip. ;) DHS on NYE and Epcot on New Year's Day. LOL.

We didn't cross paths that day, but we sure are crossing paths on the report a lot! :laughing: We just left that donkey between Germany and Italy, too. :goodvibes

That chocolate caramel cookie is what lasted me about two weeks one time. So good, but so sweet. I nibbled on it for a long time!

I do think that fence in Canada is cool.
We'll need Canadian representation in DIStown, of course, so there will be some of that fencing somewhere. ;)

I am glad Chris went on Soarin'. That's the one ride that I do not volunteer to sit out of. Everyone knows I will sit out of any ride to babysit or go run for more Fastpasses or whatever, but when it comes to Soarin', someone else has to do that. That's my favorite ride. ::yes::

Soon and very soon we will be back wandering around in Epcot! No Christmas trees this time. It will be hot, but much fun. :cool2:

I love your spaceship earth pictures. Chris looks like he got knocked out in the avalanche. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter