• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When in doubt, feed the bear....but not that!!!Day 6- Last day blues

When my family went to visit our exchange student "B" (maybe you remember him from my Flashback trip report) in 1980, I was in junior high and the only souvenir I wanted was a sword. A real one. We bought one at a flea market and had to disassemble it, removing the handle from the blade, in order to get it to fit in our largest suitcase. It made it to the U.S.A., but can you imagine if that had been in this day and age? ...Something tells me you can.

uh oh...dum dum dum and a sword. Not a good combo.

Hey an hour to move resorts and be back on a bus? Not bad at all, especially with all the communication issues.

Great update.

Chloe has than hat (imagine that ;)) that we bought for her when we picked her up in VN. We have pics of her crawling around our hotel room with it - too cute.

Love AKL - it is really one of the best themed and most beautiful Disney resorts :thumbsup2

Hope you had a good weekend. We took Chloe to a friend's pool and after 8 hours had to drag her our kicking and screaming. We may have a future swim team member :cheer2:

New Years Jan 1st

Wow, I feel like I am right there in Disney World on that day again! Something just makes it feel so real and so close... :scratchin

IMG_3376.jpg

Love this place! I hope you took a ton of pictures. :)

WOW, where have I BEEN??? Looks like I missed a lot of great updates! :guilty: I really missed New Year’s at Disney this year. Such a great time to go! :thumbsup2

My first trip ever we stayed at the CR so it holds a special place in my heart. :lovestruc

CR was open way back then??? :lmao:

I had so many pins ans yet I know I forgot one. :worried:

Yeah, I was super disappointed when we made the quick trip down and I totally struck out on getting any New Year’s pins to add to my collection!!!:sad1:

You didn't happen to pick up any extras did you???
:confused:

In some ways that trip seemed like yesterday and in some ways like a lifetime ago.... So much has happened for me in the last 5 months. So busy and so ready to go back.
Yes, 5 months can bring a lot of changes! Not sure where the first five months of this year have gone already!!! :confused3

Good thing you have another trip coming up soon! Maybe there will be a lot of pixiedust: on the trip for you!

that e ticket display was cool, you remember how much it was?
That’s what I was thinking, but then...........not sure I want to KNOW the price!!! :scared1:

Time for the Main Event- say oooh and ahhhh.

OOOOOOOHHHHHH..................AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH :goodvibes

Great fireworks pictures!!! And the Osborne Lights are one of my favorite things to go see when we go during the Christmas season!!! :cloud9:

And you got some great night shots in there! Guess I need some lessons since I never seem to remember to change the one simple setting on my camera to make mine come out better............ :guilty:

Love that green New Year’s party hat you’re sporting there!!! :thumbsup2 Very similar to the one Chris is wearing at the bus stop.........only different! :lmao:

Unbelievable the problems you had trying to get a simple cab ride across property! Maybe jenbear will give you the number for the Marvical Express for your next trip! I hear it comes highly recommended!!! :cool1:

And wow on trying to be out as long as a park is open! Those are some long hours you were putting in! Now that you know you will be going back so often, you really need to slow down and just enjoy all the sights and sounds!

............or at least allot yourself a little more than just 4 hours back in the room to recharge!!!! :laughing:

HOW do I keep getting so far behind on your TR?

I love the photos from New Year's Eve (especially the photopass pics of you :love:). Sounds like a fun evening and great fireworks.

I can't believe the cab company still screwed up in where to pick you guys up! I now know whey we rent a car most times. :headache:

Continued from last post

IMG_3296.jpg

IMG_3298.jpg

IMG_3300.jpg

IMG_3301.jpg

clearly I have missed a lot of your pictures from past updates. These are fabulous!!!!!!!!! What I wouldn't give to be there right now. I so want to watch Wishes from the poly beach after seeing these! Perfect!

Well, I was all set to compliment you on your Osborne/Photopass pictures, but then I saw the fireworks pictures, and they are amazing! That's computer wallpaper material right there. Awesome work.

Sorry about the effects of peas. I'm still going to eliminate them from my diet, just to be sure. :rotfl2:

All caught up! Ugh - on the peas! My DH has a lot of food and other allergies but as long as he takes a zyrtec every day he can eat them all and is fine and is mostly fine with the environmental stuff too. That stinks that you are allergic to such a variety of things! Love all of the photos!

I'm thinking I need "the hat".
So the question is, will she or will she not purchase one.....

Should we be worrying about the sword?

The hat actually is pretty cool. Keeps the sun off nicely. Now wearing ing it out in public without getting looks.....??? :rolleyes1

At some point we need to worry about the sword. :scared:

Subscribing

party: :welcome: party: Glad you are here!!!

so you were at the Grandstand, NOT the Paddock? :rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl: That really IS too funny! Glad you finally made it to AKL.

Ugh to the congestion and the hangover feeling. I actually get that when I take Benadryl. That stuff totally knocks me for a loop.

Well, Happy NY's!!!!!!! Anxiously awaiting your plans for the day!

It seems like it happened all morning. With the dispatcher, the cab driver... I realized it was New Years and maybe everyone was not on their A game. :lmao:

Benadryl is my friend. When I am actually being allegic... Benadryl has no effect on me- I take it and carry on.
If I happen to take one and not need it I will get sleepy. When I am going around the clock with the stuff - thats when I know to stop. :lmao:

Today was bad enough it effects my balance- I kept getting out of the pool and tipping over. :rotfl:

When my family went to visit our exchange student "B" (maybe you remember him from my Flashback trip report) in 1980, I was in junior high and the only souvenir I wanted was a sword. A real one. We bought one at a flea market and had to disassemble it, removing the handle from the blade, in order to get it to fit in our largest suitcase. It made it to the U.S.A., but can you imagine if that had been in this day and age? ...Something tells me you can.

Luckily this was a wooden practice sword but yeah they look the same when they go through X- RAY. :rolleyes1

uh oh...dum dum dum and a sword. Not a good combo.

Hey an hour to move resorts and be back on a bus? Not bad at all, especially with all the communication issues.

It really wasn't a bad move. After the bus situation and needing to move computers and such I opted for the cab to take those items and Chris' treasures.

Got a little tense with the sword.

Great update.

Chloe has than hat (imagine that ;)) that we bought for her when we picked her up in VN. We have pics of her crawling around our hotel room with it - too cute.

Love AKL - it is really one of the best themed and most beautiful Disney resorts :thumbsup2

Hope you had a good weekend. We took Chloe to a friend's pool and after 8 hours had to drag her our kicking and screaming. We may have a future swim team member :cheer2:

Chris has the hat downstairs he says. Do not be surprised if he shows up at the pool with it. :rotfl2:

AKL is beautiful. I actually hope I took enough pictures. I think I did but I would really have to look since this TR is taking so long... :rolleyes1

Kicking and screaming to get out of the pool- yup a futures swim team member.
I had a training today on a new swim lesson program we are going to begin using and after we were done-all of us lingered in the pool. We were in our warm pool and everytime we stood up a little the breeze made us cold so we got back down to stay warm... :lmao:

Wow, I feel like I am right there in Disney World on that day again! Something just makes it feel so real and so close... :scratchin

Yeah Yeah - I have been waiting for you to catch up - that the excuse... :rolleyes1

Love this place! I hope you took a ton of pictures. :)

I hope I did. I think I did but I would have to actually check since it has been so long. :rolleyes1

WOW, where have I BEEN??? Looks like I missed a lot of great updates! :guilty: I really missed New Year’s at Disney this year. Such a great time to go! :thumbsup2

New Years is a great time to go --- Hey wait a minute - you may have missed the actually NYE festivities but I believe you took in some of the sights. Mister I went to a bowl game.

As for where you have been..... work .. work and more work it seems...

Yes, 5 months can bring a lot of changes! Not sure where the first five months of this year have gone already!!! :confused3

Every year seems to by quicker and quicker. The last 3 months have really gone by quickly. I wish it would slow down a little so I could it enjoy it more. :rolleyes1

Good thing you have another trip coming up soon! Maybe there will be a lot of pixiedust: on the trip for you!

ACK - My app says 31 days. Lots of DISmeets shaping up, always could use more.;)

That’s what I was thinking, but then...........not sure I want to KNOW the price!!! :scared1:
I really don't think it was listed because if I did see it I would have have done this :eek: and made sure I took a picture of the price. :laughing:

OOOOOOOHHHHHH..................AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH :goodvibes

Great fireworks pictures!!! And the Osborne Lights are one of my favorite things to go see when we go during the Christmas season!!! :cloud9:

And you got some great night shots in there! Guess I need some lessons since I never seem to remember to change the one simple setting on my camera to make mine come out better............ :guilty:

MEK had great advice- use the TV setting and tinker with the shutter speed. Still have trouble in dark moving rides - like Pirates- but I am getting better with every shot.
Getting some practice for the next trip.

Love that green New Year’s party hat you’re sporting there!!! :thumbsup2 Very similar to the one Chris is wearing at the bus stop.........only different! :lmao:

:rotfl2: I am sure I would have had the Sorcerer's Hat if the stage and the lights were not in the way.

Unbelievable the problems you had trying to get a simple cab ride across property! Maybe jenbear will give you the number for the Marvical Express for your next trip! I hear it comes highly recommended!!! :cool1:

Being New Years morning may have something to do with it. Everything was fine once they actually listened to what I was saying. Lots of repeating that morning, that is for sure. :lmao:
Yeah I will need the number to the Marvical express in my phone. :thumbsup2

And wow on trying to be out as long as a park is open! Those are some long hours you were putting in! Now that you know you will be going back so often, you really need to slow down and just enjoy all the sights and sounds!

............or at least allot yourself a little more than just 4 hours back in the room to recharge!!!! :laughing:

If a park is open, usually I want to be in it. :) I do need to slow down a bit. I bet the heat in July will do it. I am sure I will be up early- out the door and back in for an afternoon nap or time by the pool before heading back out for the evening.

Marvali said:
CR was open way back then???

Yup you should know - you were a teenager, I was only a child.... :laughing:

Marvali said:
Yeah, I was super disappointed when we made the quick trip down and I totally struck out on getting any New Year’s pins to add to my collection!!!

You didn't happen to pick up any extras did you???

Oh yeah that part is coming up. ;)

HOW do I keep getting so far behind on your TR?

I love the photos from New Year's Eve (especially the photopass pics of you :love:). Sounds like a fun evening and great fireworks.

It was a great evening. I need to make that a pretty regular thing.:thumbsup2

I can't believe the cab company still screwed up in where to pick you guys up! I now know whey we rent a car most times. :headache:

New Years Morning seems to have something to with it I hope. I am sure not many people were working with all cylinders that morning. :laughing:

clearly I have missed a lot of your pictures from past updates. These are fabulous!!!!!!!!! What I wouldn't give to be there right now. I so want to watch Wishes from the poly beach after seeing these! Perfect!

Thanks for the tips on the camera settings. You HAVE to catch Wishes from the Poly - So neat to watch it there. That and the EWP are a must do.

Well, I was all set to compliment you on your Osborne/Photopass pictures, but then I saw the fireworks pictures, and they are amazing! That's computer wallpaper material right there. Awesome work.

Thank you. MEK helped me out with the tips and I trying to practice whenever I can.

Sorry about the effects of peas. I'm still going to eliminate them from my diet, just to be sure. :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: I almost mailed my parents PROOF I was allergic to vegetables.
:lmao:

My friends know- I usually just don't eat anything green. I can eat broccoli and I actually like it, so that is probably the only green thing I can eat.

All caught up! Ugh - on the peas! My DH has a lot of food and other allergies but as long as he takes a zyrtec every day he can eat them all and is fine and is mostly fine with the environmental stuff too. That stinks that you are allergic to such a variety of things! Love all of the photos!

I take singulair and generic Claritin every day. Benadryl at night and then about 6 other medications I can take if I need them.
I have only known about all these food allergies for a couple of years so I am still learning what does what to me and how much I can tolerate before I feel really bad.

Glad you are enjoying...

Good idea, I'll join you :goodvibes Just to be safe, I'm eliminating brussel sprouts as well :rolleyes1

:rotfl2::rotfl2: Yeah No brussel spouts for me - I will just assume I am allergic... :rotfl2:

OK...it was your fireworks photos I was thinking about yesterday. Very awesome!

Thanks for lunch yesterday! :goodvibes

Ok I thought I posted but I guess not.:confused3

Love the New Year's Eve pics at DHS!!:thumbsup2

I hope to see those lights some day.

I could just see it coming-the taxi going to the wrong place.

Oh no-the peas!!!!!:scared1:

OK...it was your fireworks photos I was thinking about yesterday. Very awesome!

Thanks for lunch yesterday! :goodvibes

Someday Jill Someday - you will need to see to see them- they are so awesome.

My pleasure for lunch, always good seeing and talking with you.:hug:

Ok I thought I posted but I guess not.:confused3

Love the New Year's Eve pics at DHS!!:thumbsup2

I hope to see those lights some day.

I could just see it coming-the taxi going to the wrong place.

Oh no-the peas!!!!!:scared1:

NYE at Disney is awesome. Probably the ONLY place I would consider being among the masses.

I think most people that morning were running on half empty... :rolleyes:
I thought it might have been me but even on 4 hours sleep i could tell it wasn't. :laughing:

LOVE your NYE pictures. Sooooo pretty. I showed Joe and he agreed we have to get back there for the holiday in a very near year. Hopefully 2013.

Your ToT group was hilarious! Love that kind of crowd!

I laughed out loud of the pic of Chris with this sword (uh-oh...) and the hat. :laughing:

That cab driver. Ugh. We had one of those from LGA to our house one time. He also sped like a maniac and ran a red light. He did not get a tip from me! :rolleyes1

Oh no, I hope you get to feeling better and those Peas don't ruin the end of your trip. Who puts peas on pasta anyway?!

Great pictures of the fireworks!!!

Love your pictures from the ToT. I can't believe you captured the ghosts! Great shot. :thumbsup2

Oh no, what happens with the sword...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter