When in doubt, feed the bear....but not that!!!Day 6- Last day blues

So your son was mad about the movie in ST????? It wasn't "real" enough for him? :rotfl2: This totally cracks me up!

I know Right ?!?!?!? Sometimes I just don't get him. :sad2:

Did he expect real time travel??? :lmao:

Chris and I are on total opposite ends of the knowledge specturm when it comes to Star Wars/Star Tours. I don't know a thing about it, so I just enjoy going wherever it is we go on the ride. And don't anybody ask me where that is when I get off, because I won't know. :upsidedow

I love seeing the warmth in the pictures. Even though it was Christmas, it was so nice!

Being a Streetmosphere actor or actress must be such a fun job. I mean, for outgoing people like that, I would think it would be somewhat of a dream job. For me, it would be a nightmare, but for people who have that personality, I just think it would be a fun way to make a living by just hanging out on the Streets of Hollywood 'chatting it up' with folks and doing impromptu teasing all day.

I've seen a couple of other people take pictures of Bo, but for the most part, I think he's an unknown except among DISers and general Disney geeks. I hate that we left Jill's Christmas scarf at the house. We were going to wrap it around his neck for a stylin' Christmas picture. :santa:

:wave: :hug:

Chris and I are on total opposite ends of the knowledge specturm when it comes to Star Wars/Star Tours. I don't know a thing about it, so I just enjoy going wherever it is we go on the ride. And don't anybody ask me where that is when I get off, because I won't know. :upsidedow

I don't have too much knowledge either. I saw the original #4 and maybe the second one.#5 After that I think I saw #1 the first prequel but that was it. I think the whole out of order thing is what confused me.:rotfl:
I understand some of the scenes but others .... i have no idea how they fit in.

He tried to explain to me what his issues were but it all came out
blah.gif

I love seeing the warmth in the pictures. Even though it was Christmas, it was so nice!

Today will be pretty here. Hopefully I can get out an enjoy it.

Being a Streetmosphere actor or actress must be such a fun job. I mean, for outgoing people like that, I would think it would be somewhat of a dream job. For me, it would be a nightmare, but for people who have that personality, I just think it would be a fun way to make a living by just hanging out on the Streets of Hollywood 'chatting it up' with folks and doing impromptu teasing all day.

I think it is fun, since you can tease and kind of "get out of yourself" a bit. Make a fool and have fun in character so you can go back to being reserved out of character. :laughing:

I've seen a couple of other people take pictures of Bo, but for the most part, I think he's an unknown except among DISers and general Disney geeks. I hate that we left Jill's Christmas scarf at the house. We were going to wrap it around his neck for a stylin' Christmas picture. :santa:

I am seeing more and more take pictures of Bo. There is no end to what people take pictures of in Disney. Why even some people take pictures of garbage cans. :rolleyes: ;)

:headache: I tell you I had the other one in my hand, and I put it back. :sad2: Now If I had gotten that text earlier..... :rolleyes1
I thought I might be able to find them on my own at DTD. There were a lot of people looking for them in WoD when I was, but no luck there or any of the other pin kiosks I stopped at! :sad2:

Then it hit me........Pat is probably in one of the parks and might be able to find me one! Knowing how much of an :angel: you are, I knew you would give it your best effort............ :)

So much on the list. With Fantasyland opening soon there is a "whole new world" to explore. I would love to your tour guide Barbie. But I don't have to wear the outfit do I ? :laughing:
Absolutely! You do have the legs for it, don't you??? :confused3
Grief - you mean you are giving me grief on your TR too!!!! :eek:
Me? Give you grief?? :guilty:

I was saving AK for NYE. :lmao::lmao:
DHS! They give out hats and horns, and have a fireworks show........with amazingly small(er) crowds. :goodvibes

I know Right ?!?!?!? Sometimes I just don't get him. :sad2:

Did he expect real time travel??? :lmao:
Well sure! It IS Disney!!! :rolleyes1

There is no end to what people take pictures of in Disney. Why even some people take pictures of garbage cans. :rolleyes: ;)
Yeah, somebody on here even has ME doing that now!!! :confused:

As a matter of fact, when (okay if) I get around to that next TR update of mine, there just might be one in her honor...... :laughing:

I thought I might be able to find them on my own at DTD. There were a lot of people looking for them in WoD when I was, but no luck there or any of the other pin kiosks I stopped at! :sad2:

That was the 30th and I was surprised that it was actually out already. The CM said they had been out for a while. :confused3

Then it hit me........Pat is probably in one of the parks and might be able to find me one! Knowing how much of an :angel: you are, I knew you would give it your best effort............ :)

I did give it my best effort looking in every regular kiosk as well as the out of the way ones too. :angel:

Absolutely! You do have the legs for it, don't you??? :confused3

Not really :lmao: and the heels would slow me down. :rotfl2:

Me? Give you grief?? :guilty:

:eek:

DHS! They give out hats and horns, and have a fireworks show........with amazingly small(er) crowds. :goodvibes

AK is empty..... I will have to catch the DHS NYE fireworks sometime. My plan was to hit the afterparty at DHS.

Well sure! It IS Disney!!! :rolleyes1
I am sure that is what he thought too. He did mention he was hoping for some original storyline and not just plucking from the movie. I guess he wants a movie about the ride instead of a ride about the movie. :confused3

Yeah, somebody on here even has ME doing that now!!! :confused:

Wow how strange. :rolleyes1

As a matter of fact, when (okay if) I get around to that next TR update of mine, there just might be one in her honor...... :laughing:

Well I am not
Holding_Breath.gif

I entered through the IG and noticed some preparations for NYE.

IMG_2749.jpg

It was like the Food and Wine booths were coming out again.

In Morocco

IMG_2750.jpg

As I approached Japan I saw this.

IMG_2751.jpg

I guess both Dad and child are comfortable like that.:laughing:

I met Chris in Japan. I know this was a Food and Wine sign.

IMG_2752.jpg

The drummers were out again.

IMG_2753.jpg

Of course Chris was sort of hungry so we had several options. He only wanted a little something because he was counting on filling up during dinner. Pizza in Italy at the window or to go to the Boardwalk for Pizza. Of course we could make it to Sunshine seasons ( not one of Chris’ favorites) or the Electric umbrella.

Chris is also aware of how to best use our dining credits. I have trained him well. He wanted to make sure I used a CS credit since he used one yesterday.
I opted for Pizza and we walked over to Italy. I double checked inside with the CM that I could use a CS credit at the window. She told me yes so I stood in line. Chris did not want a dessert and we could share a drink so I used a CS credit and he charged a slice back to the room. It may not have been an expensive use of a credit but it did the job.

How was it?

IMG_2754.jpg

Mine was actually a little cold, but it was fine. Nothing great but not horrible either. Certainly not New York style pizza. At least I did not burn the roof of my mouth.

IMG_2755.jpg

With our bellies full and the bear satisfied for a while we walked to Germany to check out the Christmas decorations in the train village.

IMG_2756.jpg

IMG_2757.jpg

IMG_2760.jpg

IMG_2761.jpg

IMG_2762.jpg

IMG_2763.jpg

I make it all the way to Mexico before I take another picture.

IMG_2764.jpg

I am checking my Mobile Magic app and wait times. Nothing is appealing to Chris. He actually wants bit of a nap so I suggest Ellen. He goes for it. We walk right into a show.

IMG_2765.jpg

See the suggestion for a nap is right there. How else can you be in Ellen’s dream unless you are also asleep.

We were actually concerned we may not get a row to ourselves. :laughing:

Not to worry, we did. We both tried to take a power nap but we both ended up awake and actually watching the whole show.

I think this is first time in years I have been awake during Ellen. Usually I don’t make it out of the first room.
sleep.gif

However it was just what we needed. We both felt better when we left.
Even though we felt better, the parks were crowded and wait times were long for everything.

Remember the storytellers I wanted to see? :santa:

As I walked around I noticed everything was gone. :eek:

I checked my watch for the date – yup the 30th, the storytellers were supposed to be there until he 30th. Everything was all cleaned up and gone. Good thing I saw the couple I did yesterday. :thumbsup2

I also noticed I had to charge my camera battery. I was counting on going out after dinner to take some pictures and wanted to be sure to have a good battery.

So after all we decided to go to the room. :sad2:

IMG_2766.jpg

IMG_2767.jpg

This always seems to be the place we wait the longest. The time between the picture above and the one below is about 30 minutes.

IMG_2768.jpg

How long do we stay in the room?
How will the busses treat us when we try to make it to dinner?
Will Chris be able to accomplish his goal at WCC?
Will it have the same reaction as last time?

Can't believe I didn't take pictures of the train village all decorated for Christmas. What is wrong with me???? :confused3 It looks so cute!

We went on Ellen this trip too and also actually stayed awake. Hard to believe, but sometimes sleep does not happen on Ellen. :rotfl:

Love the great variety of alcohol available for NY Eve consumption! :thumbsup2

Can't believe I didn't take pictures of the train village all decorated for Christmas. What is wrong with me???? :confused3 It looks so cute!

It is always decorated for every event and season. I have seen F&W and the holidays.

We went on Ellen this trip too and also actually stayed awake. Hard to believe, but sometimes sleep does not happen on Ellen. :rotfl:

I have taken a few great naps in there. :thumbsup2

Love the great variety of alcohol available for NY Eve consumption! :thumbsup2

I was surprised at the transformation this year. I did not notice this the last time I was there for NYE. Not completely sure if that was new or not but I can only imagine all the alcohol flowing NYE. :drinking1

The little train village was very cute all decked out in Christmasy things. As best I remember, the day I took pictures, the train wasn't running.

Ellen's is certainly a good place for a nap! ::yes:: I've dozed before, but when I felt my head jerk back up, I made a concerted effort to stay awake. My snoring could wake some dinosaurs, for sure!

Whispering Canyon coming up? Yum!

Nice update! Too funny about napping through Ellen! Haven't ridden that one since the first time, but now that I know the proper way to view it....... :rotfl:

Stinks the storytellers were already gone! I guess you didn't get another shot at a picture with the wooden spoon...... :rolleyes1

And dang you; yet again something I've managed to miss! I didn't even THINK about checking out the Germany mini train area during our trips at New Years! :headache: So okay, Tour Guide Barbie outfit.....with comfortable walking shoes!!! :rotfl:

The little train village was very cute all decked out in Christmasy things. As best I remember, the day I took pictures, the train wasn't running.

THey decorate for 4th of July and F&G too right??? I think someone ( most likely many people) have fun coming up with decorations for the village. :goodvibes

Ellen's is certainly a good place for a nap! ::yes:: I've dozed before, but when I felt my head jerk back up, I made a concerted effort to stay awake. My snoring could wake some dinosaurs, for sure!

Whispering Canyon coming up? Yum!

I believe it was Anitas's suggestion. :laughing: Anita (wigdoutdismom) and Jordan (jordanyosh) actually. :goodvibes

Very good idea and I usually dose a bit and wake up refreshed. This time I think just being off my feet and still was enough. Being forced to sit for close to 45 minutes is rest enough sometimes. :rolleyes:

WCC coming up next.... sometime this week.

So neat that they had food stands set up for NYE -- I wouldn't mind having a Kir Royal. Yum!

Looks like fun but I wonder how many drunks there are? Actually with those prices I hope there would be many happy buzzed people and not too many really drunk people. I am sure that was the plan anyway. :laughing:

Nice update! Too funny about napping through Ellen! Haven't ridden that one since the first time, but now that I know the proper way to view it....... :rotfl:

I still enjoy the show but if I need a quick power nap it is the way to go. :thumbsup2

Stinks the storytellers were already gone! I guess you didn't get another shot at a picture with the wooden spoon...... :rolleyes1

I really checked the date on my watch twice. :laughing: I am guessing they prep for NYE had to push the holiday stages out but it was advertised until the 30th.

And dang you; yet again something I've managed to miss! I didn't even THINK about checking out the Germany mini train area during our trips at New Years! :headache:

You just have to go again. As I cross things off the list I keep adding new ones to the list.

So okay, Tour Guide Barbie outfit.....with comfortable walking shoes!!! :rotfl:

Deal! :rotfl2:

I have spent the better part of the morning on the DVC website trying to secure a GCV reservation. I started last night hoping the 7 month window date would roll over at midnight- nope.
I left the computer on and if I woke up overnight I would check again.
Well from sometime overnight until now the system is shut down for maintenance!!!! :headache: I could have done it yesterday by booking the extra day and then calling to drop the extra day later but since I have to borrow somepoints I didn't want to do that. :rolleyes:

3 min and I will be on the phone to get that reservation if the site does not pop up. :mad:

Has it ever been said " If I didn't have bad luck I would have no luck at all!!!"

I finally get through to member services and the whole system is down for updating until 1:30 pm!!!! :headache:

That's the bad news. The good news is that Francis gave me some tips.

- Go online first vs. calling. Of course.
- the online system rolls over to the new day at 8am typically. I asked that question while I had him on the line. That is great info for me.
- While I can't book, neither can anyone else.

It figures that today is my 7 month window and this happens. But I have information and will be stalking the website all day. Just in case.... it comes up early. :)

Well I guess I need to get a move on and start my potentially 10 hour day. :rolleyes1

Has it ever been said " If I didn't have bad luck I would have no luck at all!!!"

I finally get through to member services and the whole system is down for updating until 1:30 pm!!!! :headache:

That's the bad news. The good news is that Francis gave me some tips.

- Go online first vs. calling. Of course.
- the online system rolls over to the new day at 8am typically. I asked that question while I had him on the line. That is great info for me.
- While I can't book, neither can anyone else.

It figures that today is my 7 month window and this happens. But I have information and will be stalking the website all day. Just in case.... it comes up early. :)

Well I guess I need to get a move on and start my potentially 10 hour day. :rolleyes1

So frustrating right? I was trying to make reservations for a friend on Thursday night and the system was down. I have been trying to rearrange dining reservations for our trip this week, and the system is down :headache:

Great updates. I can't believe those prices on drinks :scared1:

Have a great day!!!

Yup, that looks like Disney pizza. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

I think Ellen gets a bad rap. Her segments are funny. It's just that the ride takes so long. But it is a good 45 minutes in air conditioning.

Getting caught up! Wow, we have never done Ellen. May have to check that out this trip.

Never ate Italy counter service nor did I know that the Boardwalk pizza was CS. We will have to give those a try this trip.

Bummer that your AP was giving you fits with fastpass but great that you were able to score extra!

Did I just read that you were trying to get GCV? When are you going? I need to stay on here more often so that I am up on things. :)

So frustrating right? I was trying to make reservations for a friend on Thursday night and the system was down. I have been trying to rearrange dining reservations for our trip this week, and the system is down :headache:

Great updates. I can't believe those prices on drinks :scared1:

Have a great day!!!

first it was 1:30, now it is 3pm. :scared1: This is starting to cut into my transition time to travel to teach my class tonight. :scared1::scared1:

I should have listened to the voice that told me to book the extra day yesterday. :headache:

I think those prices were to discourage drinking too much. :rotfl:

Yup, that looks like Disney pizza. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

I think Ellen gets a bad rap. Her segments are funny. It's just that the ride takes so long. But it is a good 45 minutes in air conditioning.

I like Ellen. But the dark cool 45 min slow moving ride is... ZZZZZ oops fell asleep just thinking about it. :laughing:

Getting caught up! Wow, we have never done Ellen. May have to check that out this trip.

You got to do it at least once awake. It is really a cute show.

Never ate Italy counter service nor did I know that the Boardwalk pizza was CS. We will have to give those a try this trip.

Yup both are DDP CS. :thumbsup2

Bummer that your AP was giving you fits with fastpass but great that you were able to score extra!

It was bad this time- I was the demagnitizing queen this time!:laughing:

Did I just read that you were trying to get GCV? When are you going? I need to stay on here more often so that I am up on things. :)

Trying to get Sept 27- Oct 1 right before the Vegas conference. It has been all about that today and I am a little frustrated but not as frustrated as I am with a certain swim meet that not following rules concerning our championship meet on Sat . :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter