What Are You Reading Right Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished "the Weight of Silence", which was ok and am reading "the Four Corners of the Sky" by Michael Malone, which is good. (Love him, he's one of my favorites.)

Just read 'The Girls From Ames,' a true story about a group of eleven women who have kept a tight friendship since childhood. If you want a good cry, this is the book!

I'm working my way through Vanity Fair, then... I probably won't have time to read anything while school's in session but Wicked, Lolita, and American Psycho are on my nightstand.

Is this another historical fiction? If so, who is it about?

Moves forward to post WW I England, marriage of a wealthy war hero & an aspiring singer.
The war hero has family secrets & the war hero has guilt over surviving the Battle of Flanders.

I'm reading Even Now by Karen Kingsbury. This is the first one of her books that I've read and I'm not sure yet if I'm going to like it. It's got me crying and I'm only on chapter 5. Has anyone else read this book? Is it worth sticking with?

I'm working my way through Vanity Fair, then... I probably won't have time to read anything while school's in session but Wicked, Lolita, and American Psycho are on my nightstand.

Wicked still gives me shudders. Only thing tougher was its sequel Son of a Witch (which you'll understand if you make it through Wicked. Both of them are slow reads until you realize you're about halfway through and then you'll all of a sudden be done. But they both start of SLOW! I much preferred Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister.

Wicked still gives me shudders. Only thing tougher was its sequel Son of a Witch (which you'll understand if you make it through Wicked. Both of them are slow reads until you realize you're about halfway through and then you'll all of a sudden be done. But they both start of SLOW! I much preferred Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister.

I didn't enjoy Wicked at all, though I know many who loved it. Friends who had seen the broadway production thought the book was fine. I will usually read about anything, but had no desire to read the sequel or any other book by that author. I am glad I read it, but there wasn't enough to it to make me continue.

The Host. I just started reading it and it's a little hard to get into.

I just finished Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson. I really enjoyed this book. It was a quick read.

Right now I'm reading The Time Traveler's Wife. I have to say I am really having a hard time getting into this book. I have set it down for a few days and will pick it back up. I am definately looking for something else.

I just finished Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson. I really enjoyed this book. It was a quick read.

Right now I'm reading The Time Traveler's Wife. I have to say I am really having a hard time getting into this book. I have set it down for a few days and will pick it back up. I am definately looking for something else.

I purchases this one as well but have not been able to read it yet.

Just started "Robbing the Bees" by Holley Bishop....so far I'm really enjoying it...

The Lucky One by Nickolas Sparks. I have finished The Choice, which drove me to tears, and Dear John which also was a tear jerker. I loved The Notebook Movie, So started reading all Sparks books but have yet to read the book version of my favorite movie.

Just finished Intensity by Dean Koontz...very intense, lol. Seriously though, it was very exciting so thanks to those who suggested it. Before that I finished the latest House of Night book, which was good. Oh, and I read the first Anita Blake novel--I can't decide how much I liked it...she is very abrasive, but I enjoyed all the various supernatural creatures. I'll probably read the second one at least. Next up, a light romance, Blue Eyed Devil by Lisa Kleypas. Generally I don't read contemporary romance, but I seem to love everything Lisa Kleypas writes. I hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend.

The Lucky One by Nickolas Sparks. I have finished The Choice, which drove me to tears, and Dear John which also was a tear jerker. I loved The Notebook Movie, So started reading all Sparks books but have yet to read the book version of my favorite movie.

His new book comes out Tuesday, "The Last Song."

I tried to read "On Bear Mountain" by Deborah Smith. I got about half way thru it and decided it was too dumb to continue. Right now I'm reading "Double Shot" by Diane Mott Davidson-more my style.

It took me a while to get into this book also. I kept having to go back through previous pages because I was getting lost in what was going on. Plus, I'm a complete realist & the idea of time travel made me roll my eyes.

I have to say that it ended up being a favorite of mine by the time I got to the end. I told myself to get past the unrealistic part of it & just enjoy it for the love story that it is.

When I got to the end I closed the book & thought about what a great story it really was.

I hope you keep trying & that if you do you enjoy it. I'm looking forward to seeing the movie. My 3 DD's have already seen it & all loved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter