What Are You Reading Right Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did get it through an early readers program. I'm not sure where I requested it as the books just show up every now and then but I'm glad I did! I think it's due to be released in Oct.

I love the Jennifer Rardin books! The new one is out Oct. 9th I think. She has an awesome website with more stories from Vayl and Jaz. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I just finished South of Broad by Pat Conroy. It was fabulous!!! Conroy uses the English language beautifully.

Just started Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt. It's a quick and easy read so far and certainly entertaining. Just not too sure there will be a story here or just a string of character sketches.

I'm finally reading The Lovely Bones after a few years of having it sit on my shelf. I figured I'd better get to it if I want to see the upcoming movie.

I'm finally reading The Lovely Bones after a few years of having it sit on my shelf. I figured I'd better get to it if I want to see the upcoming movie.

This one looks good..will look for it ...thanks for mentioning it.

I'm reading Max Lucado's Fearless.

If you like a good fantasy/thriller, or if you just like free stuff, this week Ted Dekker is giving away free copies of the ebook of Black. It's the full book, too, which I thought was pretty cool. http://www.teddekker.com/green/m/downloadblack.php The "Forest Guard" number to use is 4495. And it comes in Kindle, Sony, or PDF, so that's even cooler. :cool:

I'm almost finished with "The Good Guy" by Dean Koontz.

It's good enough to finish, but not one of my favorites by him.

Going to the library tomorrow afternoon to pick up 2-3 more books.

The Magicians by Lev Grossman

41c%2BLy7urTL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Amazon Best of the Month, August 2009: Mixing the magic of beloved children's fantasy classics (from Narnia and Oz to Harry Potter and Earthsea) with the sex, excess, angst, and anticlimax of life in college and beyond, Lev Grossman's Magicians reimagines modern-day fantasy for grownups. Quentin Coldwater lives in a state of perpetual melancholy, privately obsessed with his childhood books about the enchanted land of Fillory. When he’s admitted to the surreptitious Brakebills Academy for an education in magic, Quentin finds mastering spells is tedious (and love is even more fraught). He also discovers his power has thrilling potential--though it's unclear what he should do with it once he's moved with his new magician cohorts to New York City. Then they discover the magical land of Fillory is real and launch an expedition to use their powers to set things right in the kingdom--which, naturally, turns out to be a much murkier proposition than expected. The Magicians breathes life into a cast of characters you want to know--if the people you want to know are charismatic, brilliant, complex, flawed magicians--and does what Quentin claims books never really manage to do: "get you out, really out, of where you were and into somewhere better. " Or if not better, at least a heck of a lot more interesting. --Mari Malcolm

I just finished Mudbound by Hillary Jordan, very good. I'm starting The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks. It just came out today and I was lucky to find a copy at the library.

I'm reading Royal FLush by RHys Bowen, just finished the second book in the series (Flush is the 3rd) They are pretty funny mysteries set in 1930's England. Ligh funny reads. Next up is DreamFever.

I am reading Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. It is the follow up to Hunger Games. Both excellent reads. They are post apocalyptic and they are very well written.

Just Listen--Sarah Dessen
My Sister's Keeper--Jodi Picoult (for the 3rd time!)
The Rape of the Lock--Alexander Pope (for Brit Lit)

I am reading Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. It is the follow up to Hunger Games. Both excellent reads. They are post apocalyptic and they are very well written.

Oh my son and I are both waiting on Catching Fire. For some reason they've delayed the Kindle Version. I'm on the waiting list at the library too. If I get the library book before they release the Kindle Version, they'll have lost a sale.

Definitely Dead just arrived in the mail today :yay:. Looks to be another fun Sookie story. ;)

His new book comes out Tuesday, "The Last Song."

Yup I picked it up today just in time, as I finished The Lucky one yesterday! another tear jerker!

Ill star on it tonight as I read a chapter a night and more on the weekends when i cant put it down and have more time to read :)

My 12 YO read Hunger Games in one day :eek: . HEr DAd took her to B&N on Monday to get Catcing Fire (I've had the flu). I think she's trying to read it slower since it's the latest one.

My 12 YO read Hunger Games in one day :eek: . HEr DAd took her to B&N on Monday to get Catcing Fire (I've had the flu). I think she's trying to read it slower since it's the latest one.

I did the same thing with Hunger Games and I tried really hard to read Catching Fire slower, really I did. I think that although these books are considered young adult and are aimed at teens they are a great read for grown ups too. Another book your daughter may enjoy is the Forest of Hands and Teeth. by Carrie Ryan. My 13 year old son really enjoyed them. He is now anxiously waiting for his dad to finish Catching Fire.

I bought Catching Fire the other day, but I'm trying to finish up my library books first. Currently reading Rumors by Anna Godberson, part of The Luxe series. Its alright, very easy reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter