Vero Beach 2015 Information & Adoration Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to give my parents a little weekend getaway. Just wait listed a Deluxe Studio/Garden 3 nights in July, what do you think my chances really are??? Thanks!

Trying to give my parents a little weekend getaway. Just wait listed a Deluxe Studio/Garden 3 nights in July, what do you think my chances really are??? Thanks!
I was able to successfully WL an OVIR for July 31 and August 1. I submitted the WL request for July 31 around March 22 and was confirmed the first week of April. (I had to request the dates separately due to a combination of needing to make sure I could get the day off from work and the fact that the weekend spans two use years). I didn't want to borrow points for the 31st until I knew I had the time off since I'd end up losing them if it turned out I wasn't going to be able to go. August 1 wasn't an issue because if I had to cancel and the points went into holding I knew I'd have the entire use year to book with them.

That said, WL requests can never be guaranteed, especially during a busy time of year. But I can say that I've had very good success with my all my Vero Beach WL requests.

Free charcoal...

In case anyone staying now happens to be reading this blog... We are checking out early tomorrow after a fabulous stay. We have an extra bag of match-light mesquite charcoal that we didn't end up using. It's on the porch of cottage 1550 right now and free for the taking if anyone would like it. Grills are located adjacent to the north lawn and there is also a grill at the fishing dock across the street. Happy grilling!

Are beach/pool towels provided? I would presume yes for the pool as with all other resorts, but just want to confirm for the beach.

Also - from the pictures it seems they have their rental chairs pretty strategically placed. Do they limit where you can sit on the beach if you are not renting a chair/tent/etc?

There are beach towels in your room that you can use for the beach & pool that can be swapped out for clean/dry ones by the pool.

I didn't notice any limitations of where people sat who did not rent loungers on the beach.

Page 3? Unacceptable. Time for a photo....
Who else loves seeing these guys and gals on the beach?

Last edited:

2015 Stays:
May 8-10
June 28 - July 2
Dec 18 - 21

On Saturday 5/9, my wife and I have dinner at Sonya's. Does anyone know what childcare/kids night out is available on Saturday nights, and do we need to reserve ahead of time, or just when we arrive.

Thank you
You have been added to roll call, enjoy your stays

We will be going to Vero for Thanksgiving this year!! So excited! November 25-29. This will be our third time at Vero! It will be myself, my husband and our 5 year old son. Possible a new baby too, we are in the adoption process and could get a baby anytime!!

We'll be there next week in a 2 BD unit. Is there a dvd, if so is it bluray ? Also my sister is staying in the main bldg. which bldg would be closest to her ? Thanks !!
Oh !! Best seafood restaurant ?? Best place for bkf, not counting the buffet on Sun at the resort as we won't be there for that.

Arriving very late in the day and don't want to also worry about picking up groceries on the way. Can anyone recommend a company that delivers to the resort?

Sonya's....tell me about it! We will be celebrating my 48th...hoping to get a reservation. What is the "dress" there? Menu??

We snuck over to the resort for a one night getaway last week. Everything was wonderful-room, weather, cast members, food, beach, pool. We had a very relaxing time. My only complaint is the smoking area by the pool. It needs to go bye bye.

We snuck over to the resort for a one night getaway last week. Everything was wonderful-room, weather, cast members, food, beach, pool. We had a very relaxing time. My only complaint is the smoking area by the pool. It needs to go bye bye.

We are here now and had someone smoking near our cabana on the beach. Is smoking allowed there?

Honestly, we typically choose a table near the single small bench behind the slide that comprises the smoking area and we've never been bothered by excessive smoke. Frankly, we rarely see anyone using the smoking area and only smell smoke if the wind is blowing from the south toward our table. I'm not a smoker and don't enjoy being around smokers but given that smoking is not illegal, I think it is perfectly reasonable to provide this small area for guests. With all the seating around the pool deck, it is very easy to avoid this section.

We are here now and had someone smoking near our cabana on the beach. Is smoking allowed there?
Yes, guests may smoke on the beach since the beach itself is public land. I just wish those who choose to smoke wouldn't use the beach as an ashtray and just toss their cigarette butts in the sand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter