Vero Beach 2015 Information & Adoration Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are currently enjoying a one week stay in a 1br villa at Vero Beach and loving it. Averaging about 87 degrees this week and though we had rain predictions just have a few minutes of rain monday. Any questions feel free to ask, I will be by the pool....

We are currently enjoying a one week stay in a 1br villa at Vero Beach and loving it. Averaging about 87 degrees this week and though we had rain predictions just have a few minutes of rain monday. Any questions feel free to ask, I will be by the pool....

We are arriving in 2 weeks, can't wait.

We are also staying in a one bed villa - is it good and which building are you in?

Thanks!!

We really love it! We are in building 14 on the ground floor, it is our favorite building for its proximity to the pool and beach, our primary destinations, and not far from the main building.

We're here this week too in building 15. Got a surprise upgrade from a 1br to a 2br unit. Definately big enough for the 4 of us but I wouldn't to try to fit all 9 which it's able to sleep.

We are going to be there 4/25-4/29 for our first ever visit to Vero Beach! I love reading the good weather reports. It's been a somewhat long winter so a few days of sun & sand is much needed. :)

Are there renovations going on there now? I called Member Services a few weeks ago to put in a building request and the CM mentioned something about work being done at the resort but didn't know much more than that.

Role call... Headed down for a relaxing (for a change) Disney vacation 4/24 - 5/3, beach cottage, 2nd trip.

Quick question, does anyone know if they have an email address or not? Trying to preorder some groceries and not sure how to fax from the UK so was going to try and email the order in and see if this works.

Also I know its early in the season but my sister asked whether there are likely to be any turtles out and about nesting in May (7th-9th we are there)?

Thanks

Quick question, does anyone know if they have an email address or not? Trying to preorder some groceries and not sure how to fax from the UK so was going to try and email the order in and see if this works.

Also I know its early in the season but my sister asked whether there are likely to be any turtles out and about nesting in May (7th-9th we are there)?

Thanks

We were there at the very end of April 2013 and saw one marked turtle's nest south of the resort (look for the grading stakes and surveyor's tape), some turtle tracks in the sand, but no turtles. Good luck spotting!

Don't know if they have email or not (that they will share). You might give them a ring at +1 (772) 234-2000 and ask.

We were there at the very end of April 2013 and saw one marked turtle's nest south of the resort (look for the grading stakes and surveyor's tape), some turtle tracks in the sand, but no turtles. Good luck spotting!

Don't know if they have email or not (that they will share). You might give them a ring at +1 (772) 234-2000 and ask.

Thanks!

Is anyone doing a chair/umbrella swap this year?

Or specifically is anyone interested in working out a swap in late May?

I've read Walmart or CVS would be the best places to buy beach chairs and umbrellas - does that remain true?

I don't know anything about a swap, but we love the Tommy Bahama chairs at Costco. They're about $25 each, but if you are staying for awhile, they can be worth it. They can be carried on your back like a backpack, are very adjustable, and have pockets for your cold drinks and books, etc. and holders for your drinks and eye glasses.

BWV to Vero

We've made the trip several times going 528 to I95, etc. This time we were thinking of trying the Fla Turnpike and getting off at Rt 60 over to Vero. Anyone tried this??

We will be there June 1-3 after a week at WDW. It will be myself, DH, and DD staying in a one bedroom.

I don't know anything about a swap, but we love the Tommy Bahama chairs at Costco. They're about $25 each, but if you are staying for awhile, they can be worth it. They can be carried on your back like a backpack, are very adjustable, and have pockets for your cold drinks and books, etc. and holders for your drinks and eye glasses.

Thanks for the tip. We decided to take the auto train down so we'll have a car - just not sure how much room for stuff since we'll be driving my parents once they join us in Orlando.

Thanks

There was one turtle nest when I was there last week.

BWV to Vero

We've made the trip several times going 528 to I95, etc. This time we were thinking of trying the Fla Turnpike and getting off at Rt 60 over to Vero. Anyone tried this??
I usually take the Turnpike to YeeHaw Junction (Rt 60) when I head down to Vero because I find it is a less stressful drive. But that could just be me. I live near the Beeline so I hop on that to OBT and then get on the Turnpike there. You could take Osceola Parkway to the Turnpike which puts you one a bit further south, however, there are lots of traffic lights on that section of Osceola and traffic can be ugly if you hit it at the wrong time.

Thanks Pam - that's really helpful. We'll probably take the Fl Greenway (417) over to the turnpike. Thanks again

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter